SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How’s it going cat family? I have a question for veteran spirited drivers out there. What set up would work best if I had someone run up on and wanted to give it go. Current step up:

Trans: track
Paddle shifters: on
Traction: street
Suspension: sport

A8 stock with just a CAI

Stock rims with 285 front and 295 rear PS4

Thanks in advance for all the info hopefully that enough variables.

·
Registered
195 Posts
How’s it going cat family? I have a question for veteran spirited drivers out there. What set up would work best if I had someone run up on and wanted to give it go. Current step up:

A8 stock with just a CAI

I like the set-up you mentioned. But that should always be on as your custom mode so you don't have to fumble around and look down while someone might be getting the jump on you at the light! LOL

·
Registered
317 Posts
Trans: Sport
Paddles: On
Traction: Street
Suspension: Street
Steering Sport

I dont like the Trans setting in Track due to the too harsh shifts for street use. Sport seems perfect for me, IMO.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Suspension: Street
Steering Sport

I dont like the Trans setting in Track due to the too harsh shifts for street use. Sport seems perfect for me, IMO.
Doesn’t the sport shift to quickly? Than the track trans?

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,875 Posts
My custom settings:
Trans - Track.
Everything else Street.
Drive in manual using the shifter. Zero harsh shifts, awesome control and feel. Always ready.

Reactions: Lukehellcat

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat
904 Posts
It's been my experience that the auto stick in manual shifts faster than the paddles. And one other mention, 295s on stock rims still only have 275 worth of tread on the ground. Do a burnout and measure your skid mark width.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
2,067 Posts
My "Custom" settings are

Suspension: Sport
Steering: Street

I agree with @chaman that full RACE on the trans hits HARD - and since I'm more of a road racing guy I don't like that "smack" in that situation. (For drag racing it's fine if you have the tires to stay hooked up.)

I used to kick the steering up a notch to SPORT, but during the Bondurant class I tried all the settings on the track sections and the increase in effort vs the increase feel just didn't pay off. I was sure it would but in practice no soap. As Yogi Berra once said, "Theory and practice are the same in theory, but not in practice!"

·
Registered
205 Posts

A8 stock with just a CAI

get 3:09 gears if you have 2:62 now..

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
245 Posts
Trans : track
Suspension: Track
Traction: Sport

= Great for downshifts coming up to light, nice stiff feel and aggressive for corners and lane changes. Also lets you kick the ass end out decently far.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts