SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering grabbing a set of JLT splash guards, but before I pull the trigger on them I figured I should ask: has anyone run into clearance issues with them? I work in a location with several speed bumps and would hate to install these and promptly jack them up.

I know not all speed bumps are made the same and results may vary. Just curious if anyone has run into issues with these.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
792 Posts
I'm considering grabbing a set of JLT splash guards, but before I pull the trigger on them I figured I should ask: has anyone run into clearance issues with them? I work in a location with several speed bumps and would hate to install these and promptly jack them up.

I know not all speed bumps are made the same and results may vary. Just curious if anyone has run into issues with these.
I've had the OEM splash guards on my challenger for a couple years with no issues. I scraped my converters on a speed bump, but not the splash guards the converters are in a vulnerable spot for speed bumps.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,619 Posts
I had the OEM Mopars and liked them as well, easy to mount, and integrated nicely. Since I've added the Phillips Flairs the OEM's had to go, so I'm looking for a set as well. Check out the ZL1addons, alot of guys seem to like them. Those JLT's look good too. Good luck.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
672 Posts
Thanks for the feedback folks, going to pull the trigger and give them a whirl!
The JLT guards were probably the first mod I did to my 2016 and in my opinion probably one of the best. I had no rock chips anywhere on the lower parts of the car between front and rear wheels nor anything on the face of the rear quarters. Also made lots of passes as the drag strip with 315 and 305 drag radials and after 83 burnouts not a bit of rubber on the vertical face of the quarters because the guards caught the majority of it. The underside of the quarters were a completely different thing but wasn't worried about it there from an appears perspective.

Here are a some pics of them on the car

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The JLT guards were probably the first mod I did to my 2016 and in my opinion probably one of the best. I had no rock chips anywhere on the lower parts of the car between front and rear wheels nor anything on the face of the rear quarters. Also made lots of passes as the drag strip with 315 and 305 drag radials and after 83 burnouts not a bit of rubber on the vertical face of the quarters because the guards caught the majority of it. The underside of the quarters were a completely different thing but wasn't worried about it there from an appears perspective.

Here are a some pics of them on the car

View attachment 564251

View attachment 564252

View attachment 564253
First off, slick looking ride!

This is great info. I'll have 100% PPF coverage but a little extra protection is always welcome for peace of mind!

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
672 Posts
First off, slick looking ride!

This is great info. I'll have 100% PPF coverage but a little extra protection is always welcome for peace of mind!
Thanks sold that one in July. Now if FCA would just start building my damn Charger Redeye that has been on order since 9/24.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks sold that one in July. Now if FCA would just start building my damn Charger Redeye that has been on order since 9/24.
I know your pain. I ordered my current car in late April and have yet to see it in person. It was delivered about a week after I left for training here in the states. I'll finally see it in a month, so... 8 or so months from ordering before the first drive.

Congrats on the redeye build, if I had waited a few months longer I may have jumped on it as well. I imagine 707 will be more than enough for England roads though.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye
1,023 Posts
I had the JLT splash guards on my 2017 Challenger HC with no issues.

Reactions: zomfg1337
1 - 10 of 10 Posts