SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
HOTM Winner
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got my HC back from my boyz at Sound Xpression in Arizona. These guys used to build show cars for me when I worked for Lightning Audio and Rockford Fosgate before I got into real estate. They are one of the best shops in the country in my opinion and the work they completed on my HC is a great example of what they do.

I wanted to build a sound quality audio system in my car, so I collected all of the gear and then sent the car to AZ the beginning of April to have it all installed. The system itself is pretty straight forward. I started with a factory headunit interface adaptor that allowed me to keep the full functions of the factory radio including the door chimes, bluetooth cell phone interface and of course all of the other goodies our factory radio controls through the cars BUS system. I opted for the toslink adaptor which has an optical output for the full range audio signal. I used the PAC AmpPRO 4.

The Toslink cable is plugged into a Mosconi (Gladen) 8to12 Aerospace DSP, which gives me complete control of the audio signal including up to 12 channels of output, each with its own digital crossover, time alignment, equalization, phasing and level control.

From the 8to12 Aerospace processor, I created 8 channels worth of outputs, 2 for the front tweeters, 2 for the front mids, 2 for the front midbass and 2 for the subs (sub).

These 8 channels were delivered to two Mosconi Zero 4 amplifiers, each with 4 channels of output to drive all of the speakers in the system.

Speakers consist of a pair of Focal Utopia tweeters, a pair of Bohlender Graebener 8" ribbon midranges, a pair of Utopia Focal 6" midbasses and a Focal Elite K2 Power 12" subwoofer.

The tweeter and ribbon midrange were mounted in the dash with some major modifications. The midbass drivers were mounted in the doors and the 12" sub was mounted in a small sealed box in the spare tire well where the factory 10 subs were located.

Here are a few pictures of the install.:

This is the Mosconi 8to12 Aerospace Processor along with the power distribution to the two Mosconi Amplifiers.

by Bruno on SRT Hellcat Forum

Here are the Amplifiers mounted to the rear strut tower brace.

The Focal Elite 12" subwoofer in it's sealed box in the spare tire well.

This is the Mosconi DSP Remote Controller mounted in the over head console.

This is the Dash trim piece being opened up for the Mid and Tweeter grill.

Here is the finished dash grill when completed.

This is a picture of the tweeter and ribbon in the dash when Dave was working on speaker positioning in the dash. It is a little messy but that is the nature of the beast as he was moving things around to make sure things performed correctly.

Sonically everything is better than expected! I am still working on the tune but the system images and stages incredibly well and will only get better with more fine tuning. It goes to it's first stereo competition Saturday, so I will let you all know how it does.

·
Registered
82 Posts
why did you use the PAC instead of just taking the speaker level outputs direct into the 8to12
So I just got my HC back from my boyz at Sound Xpression in Arizona. These guys used to build show cars for me when I worked for Lightning Audio and Rockford Fosgate before I got into real estate. They are one of the best shops in the country in my opinion and the work they completed on my HC is a great example of what they do.

I wanted to build a sound quality audio system in my car, so I collected all of the gear and then sent the car to AZ the beginning of April to have it all installed. The system itself is pretty straight forward. I started with a factory headunit interface adaptor that allowed me to keep the full functions of the factory radio including the door chimes, bluetooth cell phone interface and of course all of the other goodies our factory radio controls through the cars BUS system. I opted for the toslink adaptor which has an optical output for the full range audio signal. I used the PAC AmpPRO 4.

The Toslink cable is plugged into a Mosconi (Gladen) 8to12 Aerospace DSP, which gives me complete control of the audio signal including up to 12 channels of output, each with its own digital crossover, time alignment, equalization, phasing and level control.

From the 8to12 Aerospace processor, I created 8 channels worth of outputs, 2 for the front tweeters, 2 for the front mids, 2 for the front midbass and 2 for the subs (sub).

These 8 channels were delivered to two Mosconi Zero 4 amplifiers, each with 4 channels of output to drive all of the speakers in the system.

Speakers consist of a pair of Focal Utopia tweeters, a pair of Bohlender Graebener 8" ribbon midranges, a pair of Utopia Focal 6" midbasses and a Focal Elite K2 Power 12" subwoofer.

The tweeter and ribbon midrange were mounted in the dash with some major modifications. The midbass drivers were mounted in the doors and the 12" sub was mounted in a small sealed box in the spare tire well where the factory 10 subs were located.

Here are a few pictures of the install.:

This is the Mosconi 8to12 Aerospace Processor along with the power distribution to the two Mosconi Amplifiers.

Here are the Amplifiers mounted to the rear strut tower brace.

The Focal Elite 12" subwoofer in it's sealed box in the spare tire well.

This is the Mosconi DSP Remote Controller mounted in the over head console.

This is the Dash trim piece being opened up for the Mid and Tweeter grill.

Here is the finished dash grill when completed.

This is a picture of the tweeter and ribbon in the dash when Dave was working on speaker positioning in the dash. It is a little messy but that is the nature of the beast as he was moving things around to make sure things performed correctly.

Sonically everything is better than expected! I am still working on the tune but the system images and stages incredibly well and will only get better with more fine tuning. It goes to it's first stereo competition Saturday, so I will let you all know how it does.

·
HOTM Winner
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The PAC, from what I understand takes a digital signal before it gets to the amplifier and transfers it to the to the 8/12 processor via a Toslink connector. The result is a super clean and noise free signal and all of the door chimes, navigation voice commands, etc. work perfectly and are at the correct volume. And it is plug and play!

·
HOTM Winner
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I need to post the pics of SQ build 2.0 in my 2019 Redeye.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Yes. You do.

I'm on the east coast...but keep flirting with this idea in my charger...

·
Registered
23 Posts
I need to post the pics of SQ build 2.0 in my 2019 Redeye.
I have a question regarding the stock HK system. Do you know if the front speakers have an integrated crossover or are the crossover points handled by the factory amp?

I ask because I'm building my own dsp's to use with an aftermarket amp and I don't know if I can send full signal to the front speakers or incorporate active crossovers.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Dam....Dam...Dam. That’s Primetime right there!
I come from car audio background and all I can say is wow!
Can you share ball park $$$$ you spent?
If not no worries....

·
Registered
824 Posts
I have a question regarding the stock HK system. Do you know if the front speakers have an integrated crossover or are the crossover points handled by the factory amp?

I ask because I'm building my own dsp's to use with an aftermarket amp and I don't know if I can send full signal to the front speakers or incorporate active crossovers.

Thanks
All audio imaging is handled by the cabin amp... per channel.

Bob

·
HOTM Winner
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Thanks
The factory amp has all of the eq/crossover settings built into it. There is an adapter you can get from PAC that allows you to hook into the factory harness, bypass the factory amp and still be able to use all of the chimes and controls on the factory radio...Plus it gives you a fiber optic digital output to run into your dsp. That is how my old install was done and I used it again on my Redeye. The best part is there is absolutely no engine noise!

Here is a link.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts