SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy. I've got about 1,000 miles on my 2020 Hellcat. A few days ago I started getting some squeaking sounds from right rear of car. When I parked, I went around to right rear tire, kind of pushed up and down on trunk area to make it "bounce" and heard same squeaking sounds. I'm hoping this is part of breaking in and it will go away, but if someone else has any answers, I'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,338 Posts
I would get under the car and have someone else bounce it while hitting different bushings with some spray, even water in a bottle, or WD-40 just to determine the source. From there you could always monitor and at least you will know the source. Probably just a bushing as suggested above.

·
FCA Official
Challenger SRT Hellcat
132 Posts
Howdy. I've got about 1,000 miles on my 2020 Hellcat. A few days ago I started getting some squeaking sounds from right rear of car. When I parked, I went around to right rear tire, kind of pushed up and down on trunk area to make it "bounce" and heard same squeaking sounds. I'm hoping this is part of breaking in and it will go away, but if someone else has any answers, I'd appreciate it.
Hey @Klep - If you monitor this and notice it seems to get worse or doesn't go away, please be sure to follow up with us via PM so that we can have this looked into further for you.

Mark
DodgeCares

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey @Klep - If you monitor this and notice it seems to get worse or doesn't go away, please be sure to follow up with us via PM so that we can have this looked into further for you.

Mark
DodgeCares
Took it to dealership. They said the cause was a shock absorber. Unfortunately, the part isn't available or there isn't a part number yet??? They said when they typed in VIN the part number isn't there. I assume because it's a 2020....Does that sound right to you guys?

Thanks again,

Zach

·
Registered
132 Posts
The should be able to get the part ordered through SRT Support. My rear spoiler was scratched when I first got my 19 and we had to call SRT Support to get the part number. I would get the parts desk to try that. You could even call them yourself.

·
FCA Official
Challenger SRT Hellcat
132 Posts
Took it to dealership. They said the cause was a shock absorber. Unfortunately, the part isn't available or there isn't a part number yet??? They said when they typed in VIN the part number isn't there. I assume because it's a 2020....Does that sound right to you guys?

Thanks again,

Zach
Hey Zach,

Thank you for the follow up on this! @monkeybutt is on point in that you can call in directly to receive further support with this by calling 1-855-SRT-TEAM (1-855-778-8326). However, if you'd prefer to proceed here you can send over your VIN and contact info via PM and I can get a case escalated for further support on my end. Same end result, happy to help here if you would prefer not to call!

Mark
DodgeCares

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Zach,

Thank you for the follow up on this! @monkeybutt is on point in that you can call in directly to receive further support with this by calling 1-855-SRT-TEAM (1-855-778-8326). However, if you'd prefer to proceed here you can send over your VIN and contact info via PM and I can get a case escalated for further support on my end. Same end result, happy to help here if you would prefer not to call!

Mark
DodgeCares
Thank you, Mark. I will give the dealership and SRT support and a call in the morning. If that doesn’t work, I’ll PM with with VIN and contact info.
Thanks again,
Zach

·
FCA Official
Challenger SRT Hellcat
132 Posts
Thank you, Mark. I will give the dealership and SRT support and a call in the morning. If that doesn’t work, I’ll PM with with VIN and contact info.
Thanks again,
Zach
Sounds like a plan, Zach. I will be on the lookout!

Mark
DodgeCares

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mark, I’m going to go ahead and PM you my VIN and contact info. I appreciate you looking into this for me.

-Zach

·
FCA Official
Challenger SRT Hellcat
132 Posts
Mark, I’m going to go ahead and PM you my VIN and contact info. I appreciate you looking into this for me.

-Zach
Thank you for doing so, Zach. I just had a chance to follow up!

Mark
DodgeCares

1 - 11 of 11 Posts