SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As many of you know when you purchase a new SRT you get the SRT track experience included into the price. Anyone goto the track in arizona? Just bought my Redeye last month and debating if I should go? For anyone that went can you give me some insight? Seems like the track is a little small from the videos ive seen and doesnt seem like you can push the car to much? Again not trying to downplay since all im seeing is from a video. Also will there only be hellcat motors widebody ect..? Or just non widebody and older srts without the hellcat motor?

·
DRIVESRT.COM
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,782 Posts
As many of you know when you purchase a new SRT you get the SRT track experience included into the price. Anyone goto the track in arizona? Just bought my Redeye last month and debating if I should go? For anyone that went can you give me some insight? Seems like the track is a little small from the videos ive seen and doesnt seem like you can push the car to much? Again not trying to downplay since all im seeing is from a video. Also will there only be hellcat motors widebody ect..? Or just non widebody and older srts without the hellcat motor?
You'll be in Hellcats and you'll be able to push the car as far as you feel comfortable with. You'll really be surprised with the instructor ride alongs. Check out the 360 Bondurant video in the sig below.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah im borrowing a helmet from my brother. As for ride alongs they said because of covid thats not a thing anymore for the time being. I assume you will be chasing the instructor.

·
Registered
In The Market
1,253 Posts
Was there March 12, 2021 for the free day just before the name change. They loaned me a helmet and provided a new baclava or wtf it is called. Hot lapped with Instructor too. Learned a lot. Had a blast.
B78A65F8-5B8B-4036-B6C0-5862A831F537.jpeg
768992C7-789F-491B-819C-25F324F0FA32.jpeg

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Also one thing i dont like is that my wife cant be there to watch me unless i pay for her to participate. Im having second thoughts.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
6,988 Posts
Do they have any widebody redeyes there?
Yes they do but all run black key I believe.

And you can push it as hard as your wallet or insurance deductible will allow!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes they do but all run black key I believe.

And you can push it as hard as your wallet or insurance deductible will allow!

Do the regular hellcats use the red key there?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
6,988 Posts
Do the regular hellcats use the red key there?
No, they all use black key far as I know. I guess for the Demon drag school they would use red key but not sure.

Reactions: SIXGUN

·
Registered
2017 Pitch Black challenger Hellcat
47 Posts
I just got back from the class I took on April 2nd (last Friday) and it was a blast. You get a wide body hellcat with the black key and go through 4 exercises to teach you how to handle the car.

The class starts with an hour of professional talk with one of the drivers explaining how to brake, how to give it gas, how to find the apex, and a bunch of other stuff. That was interesting, but the driving part is the best.

You start with crash avoidance starting at 25 mph going down a single lane splitting into three lanes with 3 green lights and then the instructor changes two of the lights to red and you have to go into the lane with the green light without stepping on the brake. Then you go down the lane and slam on the brakes to see how that feels, then you go down and slam on the brakes and change lanes. The reason they do this is for crash avoidance and not just slamming on the brakes.

Then you do a small coned lined track to try to understand the way the car handles and brakes through turns and finding the right balance of the car. They time everyone doing this little course and that was really cool and if you have the low time you get a little prize at the end.

Then lunch (Firehouse Subs)

Then after lunch you go through the cone course going in and out of cones going from 25, 30, 35 and if you’re not hitting cones....you can try at 40mph.

The last thing is the big course (they have helmets for you to use, you don’t need to buy a helmet) and you follow the instructor around the course and you’re driving your car and that’s a blast.....I think I got close to 90 on the straight away before coming up to a turn and needing to slow down. I have a new found respect for race car drivers being able to do that for 4+ hours, it’s intense for just 5 or 6 labs (maybe it was just me, but I tried my ass off to push it right to the very edge of being out of control) and that was awesome.

The BEST part by far is riding with the instructor using the full 717 horsepower. Those guys are all professional drivers and its Unbelievable the way they handle the car and go through that course. This is definitely the high point of the class and that alone might have been worth the trip.

My sister and brother live in Arizona, so I had a place to stay and the flight from Virginia was only 250 bucks on United. They are changing over from Bondurant to Radford (Bondurant stuff is 40% off) and overall I loved it.

Hope this helps, those guys are first class and I will definitely go back when I trade my 2017 Hellcat in for the Octane Red Widebody Redeye, I’ll get some day.

Good luck

·
Registered
2017 Pitch Black challenger Hellcat
47 Posts
I forgot to say my buddy came along with me (we were there for a week golfing all the other time) and he watched from the fence and watched the big course with the instructors and nobody said anything. Next time I would bring my wife without any hesitatio.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
When i bought a 2012 SRT Super Bee Charger I was able to attend the SRT track experience in CA. Seems likes it the same thing as that. Was really hoping to use the red key on these cars though.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I just got back from the class I took on April 2nd (last Friday) and it was a blast. You get a wide body hellcat with the black key and go through 4 exercises to teach you how to handle the car.

The class starts with an hour of professional talk with one of the drivers explaining how to brake, how to give it gas, how to find the apex, and a bunch of other stuff. That was interesting, but the driving part is the best.

You start with crash avoidance starting at 25 mph going down a single lane splitting into three lanes with 3 green lights and then the instructor changes two of the lights to red and you have to go into the lane with the green light without stepping on the brake. Then you go down the lane and slam on the brakes to see how that feels, then you go down and slam on the brakes and change lanes. The reason they do this is for crash avoidance and not just slamming on the brakes.

Then you do a small coned lined track to try to understand the way the car handles and brakes through turns and finding the right balance of the car. They time everyone doing this little course and that was really cool and if you have the low time you get a little prize at the end.

Then lunch (Firehouse Subs)

Then after lunch you go through the cone course going in and out of cones going from 25, 30, 35 and if you’re not hitting cones....you can try at 40mph.

The last thing is the big course (they have helmets for you to use, you don’t need to buy a helmet) and you follow the instructor around the course and you’re driving your car and that’s a blast.....I think I got close to 90 on the straight away before coming up to a turn and needing to slow down. I have a new found respect for race car drivers being able to do that for 4+ hours, it’s intense for just 5 or 6 labs (maybe it was just me, but I tried my ass off to push it right to the very edge of being out of control) and that was awesome.

The BEST part by far is riding with the instructor using the full 717 horsepower. Those guys are all professional drivers and its Unbelievable the way they handle the car and go through that course. This is definitely the high point of the class and that alone might have been worth the trip.

My sister and brother live in Arizona, so I had a place to stay and the flight from Virginia was only 250 bucks on United. They are changing over from Bondurant to Radford (Bondurant stuff is 40% off) and overall I loved it.

Hope this helps, those guys are first class and I will definitely go back when I trade my 2017 Hellcat in for the Octane Red Widebody Redeye, I’ll get some day.

Good luck
Thanks for the detailed info. Its funny because when i called them a month ago they told me that I wouldnt be driving in a car with a instructor at all and I couldn't bring a guest. But all the info you guys are stating is different then what they told me. I want to bring my wife and i was hoping to ride with the instructor at the end.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts