SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
213 Posts
I'm wondering if i'd have to pay if I sign up before I get my car, but have the car before track day?

· Premium Member
13,620 Posts
I'm wondering if i'd have to pay if I sign up before I get my car, but have the car before track day?
If you have a vin, I think you can give them that and if you take ownership before the event hopefully, you are good...

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
213 Posts
I'd sign up for April 19th in Fontana, California BUT.......I'm not in D1 Status yet so no VIN....hopefully soon before this event fills up.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,781 Posts
asked this on the other thread but it might be more appropriate here....how do you sign up for free (from the purchase of the hellcat)? Asking for a friend so I still don't know the super secret handshake.

· Premium Member
13,620 Posts
asked this on the other thread but it might be more appropriate here....how do you sign up for free (from the purchase of the hellcat)? Asking for a friend so I still don't know the super secret handshake.
Yes, any SRT VIN that has not been previously used for the track experience is eligible. I am not sure how far back it is still eligible.

· Premium Member
13,620 Posts
Sorry...most important is that the car had to be sold with the SRT Track experience. My understanding is the Canadian cars aren't.

· Retired American Fighting Man
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,787 Posts
I can't register yet because my car won't be delivered to Monday!! It was re-routed around the Hapeville Georgia train yard. Oh well!! I hope Daytona doesn't fill up fast!

BKuz

· Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
670 Posts
Is it accurate that you don't drive your own car?

Is the idea to learn how to drive a car as fast as a Hellcat?
You drive their cars at the event.

· Browncoats Unite
Challenger SRT Redeye
1,519 Posts
Remember... You have 1 year from the date of purchase to register. As long as you register for an event before your expiration date, you can attend even if your event date is after your expiration date. (from the FAQ on driveSRT.com)

Also from driveSRT.com FAQ... Only US-market SRT vehicles may redeem a VIN for the SRT Track Experience. Non-US-market vehicle owners are welcome to attend an SRT Track Experience event at the normal event cost.

· Browncoats Unite
Challenger SRT Redeye
1,519 Posts
Is it accurate that you don't drive your own car?

Is the idea to learn how to drive a car as fast as a Hellcat?

I paid to attended one of these events in 2010 (only owned an R/T back then). There was not a lot of "training" to drive fast. On the track (Englishtown NJ, small twisty course) you were put into an SRT car (300, Charger, Challenger, or Jeep) and told to follow the leader, two cars at a time. The leader knew how to drive fast. Real fast. The idea was to keep 2 or 3 car lengths behind and right in his tire tracks. There was not a lot of classroom type training as there is in a Petty Driving School type of event. Before getting behind the wheel, you could ride a few laps as a passenger with the leader, and he (there might be she drivers) would explain some of the theories of fast driving on a track. To be honest, I was looking for more instruction, like a classroom setting for a few hours, then a few passenger laps, then a few driving laps. And the Englishtown track is a small road course. Other tracks would be different. As the event has progressed over the years, they may have added more classroom type instruction. I don't know any details other then what they've posted on their website.

In addition to the track, there was an autocross set up in a large parking lot where you drive solo for quickest time. Lap times on that were around 30 to 40 seconds. There was also a drag race portion, run two at a time, 1/4 mile track. SRT Jeeps are fast. At the end of the day, you got to ride as a passenger with the pro driver in a Viper. The pro drove the daylights out of that car. Scary fast (bring extra underwear). Four wheel slides through the turns at 130+ mph. All of the cars got beaten up and tires shredded. You really don't want to use your own car.

I don't think I would pay the $699 for the event. Back then it was only $500. Since it's included in the cost of the new car, there is a 50-49 chance I will do the event again (but not at Englishtown, ever) or sell the spot to someone, and a 1% chance I will give it to a really close friend of mine as his 55th birthday present. Everyone at the event seemed to have a good time. The food (breakfast and lunch) was really good. Nice sunny day makes it fun, but they do run the event in the rain which would probably suck a lot. I wouldn't call it a once in a lifetime experience, but since we all pay for it in the price of the car, it's not a bad way to spend a day. And if all the participants bring their own SRT to the event, the parking lot becomes a really cool car show. Everyone checks out each other car, comparing mods, etc.

· Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
572 Posts
I paid to attended one of these events in 2010 (only owned an R/T back then). There was not a lot of "training" to drive fast. On the track (Englishtown NJ, small twisty course) you were put into an SRT car (300, Charger, Challenger, or Jeep) and told to follow the leader, two cars at a time. The leader knew how to drive fast. Real fast. The idea was to keep 2 or 3 car lengths behind and right in his tire tracks. There was not a lot of classroom type training as there is in a Petty Driving School type of event. Before getting behind the wheel, you could ride a few laps as a passenger with the leader, and he (there might be she drivers) would explain some of the theories of fast driving on a track. To be honest, I was looking for more instruction, like a classroom setting for a few hours, then a few passenger laps, then a few driving laps. And the Englishtown track is a small road course. Other tracks would be different. As the event has progressed over the years, they may have added more classroom type instruction. I don't know any details other then what they've posted on their website.

In addition to the track, there was an autocross set up in a large parking lot where you drive solo for quickest time. Lap times on that were around 30 to 40 seconds. There was also a drag race portion, run two at a time, 1/4 mile track. SRT Jeeps are fast. At the end of the day, you got to ride as a passenger with the pro driver in a Viper. The pro drove the daylights out of that car. Scary fast (bring extra underwear). Four wheel slides through the turns at 130+ mph. All of the cars got beaten up and tires shredded. You really don't want to use your own car.

I don't think I would pay the $699 for the event. Back then it was only $500. Since it's included in the cost of the new car, there is a 50-49 chance I will do the event again (but not at Englishtown, ever) or sell the spot to someone, and a 1% chance I will give it to a really close friend of mine as his 55th birthday present. Everyone at the event seemed to have a good time. The food (breakfast and lunch) was really good. Nice sunny day makes it fun, but they do run the event in the rain which would probably suck a lot. I wouldn't call it a once in a lifetime experience, but since we all pay for it in the price of the car, it's not a bad way to spend a day. And if all the participants bring their own SRT to the event, the parking lot becomes a really cool car show. Everyone checks out each other car, comparing mods, etc.
NICE post. Thanks for sharing your experience!

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,166 Posts
Go to the SRT track experience site, and click register, and put the last 8 of your VIN in. If they have it, you will be able to proceed. If it is not in the system, it will give you the option to send to them for verification and will take about a day. If you have a VIN, but do not have your vehicle yet, I'm guessing it won't work.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.