SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

SRT Hellcat test drive experience.

3017 4
Hi I am writing from Montreal, Canada

On tuesday November.11th I had the opportunity to drive a Hellcat challenger that was lent from Chrysler to one of my friends to review for a newspaper article, overall the car was phenomenal no complaints at all , it was very fun to drive. This specific Hellcat was a production car that had the Hellcat emblem on the fenders not the supercharged emblems, it was painted the pitch black colour and had the 6 speed manual transmission.
Reactions: SteveLose
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
235 Posts
Hi I am writing from Montreal, Canada

On tuesday November.11th I had the opportunity to drive a Hellcat challenger that was lent from Chrysler to one of my friends to review for a newspaper article, overall the car was phenomenal no complaints at all , it was very fun to drive. This specific Hellcat was a production car that had the Hellcat emblem on the fenders not the supercharged emblems, it was painted the pitch black colour and had the 6 speed manual transmission.
Very cool Sans. Does it sound as good as everyone says?

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,695 Posts
It sounds awesome, We were cruising down the highway and ended up a tunnel, once we put the car to the floor it sounded like it was open headers.
Is it true that it has great passing power, at highway speed, regardless of what gear it happens to be it when you stomp the gas pedal?!

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
90 Posts
I drove one for a week, and even at just over 1,500 RPM in sixth gear at 50 MPH, the car has enough pull to pass someone easily (level ground). Unlike my friends 4.6 Mustang with the Kenne Bell supercharger and 540 RWHP, the Hellcat doesn't need to be above 75 to have great power in sixth gear. I loved it after a week... still can't afford one, though!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.