SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone swapped out their Driver Side airbag for the new 2017 airbag with the SRT Logo that LIGHTS UP?!?! I have a 2016 and I'm wondering if I do it will it light up? Idk if theres a connection in my 2016 to light it up.

Side Note: for those of you who don't know the SRT Logo in the 2017 Hellcat on the steering wheel lights up at night. It lights up Red

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
15 Posts
Yes....it works. I have a 2016 as well. I took it to tint world and they did it in 20 minutes. Awesome little upgrade.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes....it works. I have a 2016 as well. I took it to tint world and they did it in 20 minutes. Awesome little upgrade.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
How did tint world install it? it doesnt have anything to do with tint? was it spendy?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,302 Posts
I really like this mod. I'd do this if it was 150 bucks. For 400, no thanks. I don't drive my car much at night anyway.

NaplesKat, your's looks amazing!

Reactions: TennesseeGator

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
4,069 Posts
On my 2017 which rarely gets driven at night I did not notice it for a few weeks after car was delivered. Will say this: I am concerned by the "cheap" appearance of the plastic. I suspect if you use the car (or the horn) often it may wear unevenly letting more light through in some places. But that's just me.

LR

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,574 Posts
I think the 2017 392s have one that lights up in white. I wonder when someone will get daring enough to try swapping the LED out for other colors. I could see blue being a popular choice.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
59 Posts
Just installed mine on my 2015 Hellcat Challenger. Looks cool and does dim with the dash lights. Not to bright either. Took about 45 minutes.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
9 Posts
Hello everyone. I recently swapped my 2016 Scat steering wheel for an SRT version. The problem I am running into is that the SRT steering wheel was from a 2018 SRT Dodge Durango which has a female 4 pin receiver. Does anyone know where I can get the 4 pin male connection that connects to the airbag? I would like to keep my original air bag rather then buy a new one. Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
3,533 Posts
There should be the "old" 2015-16 style harness you can buy. It is $50 dollars or so.

·
BMF
4,568 Posts
Do all SRT models 2017 and up have the SRT logo in red at night?
Is is a feature that has to be turned on or does it come on automatically

1 - 20 of 66 Posts