SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
1,224 Posts
Is this still the correct part number or did it get update? I’m not finding a lot of options online and the online stores I did find have crazy shipping. Any help is appreciated
M0-041 is the part number for the better white Mopar oil filter.

· Registered
Challenger SRT 392
9,314 Posts
There is no aftermarket equivalent of the 041, those filters are close but not the same.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

· Premium Member
21 Challenger Redeye, 21 Trackhawk
332 Posts
The wix filter is the same as the SRT filter. It's made at the same factory in Poland. It's identical inside, the only difference is the print on the side of the filter.

· Registered
215 Posts
Yes people have been using them for a while now. On the original generation srt8 jeep they only work on the ‘08 & up jeeps as that’s when the change over happened from 3/4” to 22mm on the filter threading. Prior to that, almost everything took an “090” filter.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
1,224 Posts
I didn't realize that the filters had semiconductors in them.

Reactions: Skug67 and GOMER

· Registered
2015 Charger SRT Hellcat
4,082 Posts
After watching a lot of "Engine Masters" episodes, I'm running this next time. They tested filters and found this was the best flowing, with the smallest media filtering., with Wix being a close second. Considering they run them on their street and test engines, that's good enough for me. $14.99 on Prime.
K&N Premium Oil Filter: Designed to Protect your Engine: Compatible with Select CHEVROLET/DODGE/FORD/LINCOLN Vehicle Models (See Product Description for Full List of Compatible Vehicles), HP-2010

· Registered
Challenger SRT 392
9,314 Posts
The wix filter is the same as the SRT filter. It's made at the same factory in Poland. It's identical inside, the only difference is the print on the side of the filter.
I thought the flow specs were less on the 063, the SRT was like 9-11 gallons per minute, the other filter less than that. Also the micron rating was 21 nominal and 90% over 10 micron which is better for SRT. Never actually compared them, that's just what I've seen posted.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

· Registered
2015 Charger SRT Hellcat
4,082 Posts
Unfortunately, they didn't have Mopar filter since they tested them on an LS. I trust their testing procedures a lot more than others too. Wasn't a main difference 041 and 899 the big pressure relief spring?

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
375 Posts
This is a couple years old now, but came from a conversation with the Viper owners group and the SRT engineers

"From the SRT Engineers:
The SRT oil filter for all the past engines and the new 22mm inlet SRT filter for the Gen 4 and beyond engines share the same characteristics.
We worked with many of the filter suppliers to get the best features. Some fell out for various performance reasons but we ended up developing the current SRT filters with one of the mainstream manufacturers (it is different than their commercial offerings - or at least was when we developed it). The high flow oil pumps in our large engines (Viper is the biggest) can overpower the internal relief valve. When this valve opens it allows some of the high pressure dirty oil to bypass the filter element in order to keep the filter from being damaged. The SRT filters do indeed have a higher differential bypass valve to make sure all the oil delivered to your powerplant is clean. The housing is slightly thicker than many of the brands out there to handle the pressure but is not the thickest. The real thick ones failed our development testing (fractured at the crimped flange). The media used was one of the latest synthetics that allowed very fine filtration, more debris capacity, and much lower restriction than our standard Mopar filter (and just about every other filter out there). The final result was clean oil to your Snake, all the time, with more pressure to the internals where it is needed. I would fully recommend using this filter in your beast, I do in mine. Hope this info helps. KCC"

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.