SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Challenger SRT Super Stock (ordered)
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all. Glad to be a part of this forum.

I ordered an SRT Super Stock in July. The VIN was assigned a week later, but it's been sitting in D1 status ever since.

To say that I'm excited about this car is an understatement, but I'm a little frustrated...actually I'm close to needing therapyo_O. My wife will tell you that she's the one that needs therapy.

Does anyone know how to get the actual build date from the factory?

Thanks for reading,
Ken

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,172 Posts
You're better off just waiting patiently. It was way worse back when I ordered my 1st HC back in 2015. Ordered it in January and didn't arrive to the dealer until August.....and there wasn't a chip shortage then like there is now!!

- It'll be worth the wait for sure though!

·
Premium Member
2021 Challenger Super Stock
182 Posts
You should have a estimated delivery date on your POC from the dealer. It's no guarantee but it's a good starting point.

Also this from a different post from @JeepGeek

BUILD SHEET: https://www.chrysler.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=
Just replace the XXXX part of the URL with your actual VIN in upper case. I believe this is available once the car is scheduled so once the car moves out of D1 status, start checking. Eventually it will appear. Tons of good information here and a great way to confirm your vehicle. You can select the link, then just edit the VIN at the end of url to yours. You can then make that URL a favorite to check it periodically.

WINDOW STICKER: https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=XXXX
When the car is invoiced to the dealer, the window sticker will be made available. Again, replace the XXXX part of the URL with your actual VIN in upper case. It should be a PDF of the sticker on your car's window. This wont be available until the car is done with the Trim stage. Just like the build sheet, click the link then update the VIN at the end of the URL and make it a favorite.

There are many codes, here is a list to help explain what the possibilities are (I do not know if this list contains all of the possible codes): Generally speaking – you will get words not codes from a chat or phone rep. Your sales rep will usually get a code or a word. With the list below you can work between them all and get a sense for what is next. You really care about the scheduled, build and built stages.

Chrysler Order Status Codes
Unscheduled
BA - new order that hasn't been checked/approved
BB - fleet order only - review by Bid Department
BD - special equipment processing
BE - edit error - coding error which must be corrected before the order can be considered for scheduling
BG - order has passed edit but cannot be considered for scheduling
BG F - finance hold - automatic cancellation after 15 days
BG B - model or option hold / build out hold
BG L - material restriction hold
BG M - material hold (fleet)
BX - good order, available for scheduling
ZA - cancelled order

Scheduled
C - tentative schedule
D - firm schedule: serial number is assigned.
D1 - gateline: plant has sequenced the unit for production, estimated ship date assigned
D2 - gateline: framing and build imminent, usually within 3-6 days
Note: Once a vehicle reaches scheduled (C or D) status, it cannot be cancelled by the dealer. Orders can sit in D-status for up to 60 days.

Build
E - framing
F - paint
G - trim

Built
I - unit is pending final inspection
J - vehicle has passed final inspection, but has not been released to carrier
JB - shipped to body vendor
JE - shipped to emissions
JJ - consigned body vendor
JS - shipped to storage
KZ - released by plant and invoiced
Note: Vehicles must reach KZ-status before an invoice can be generated.

Traffic Codes
KZ L - released but not shipped
KZ M - first rail departure
KZ N - first rail arrival
KZ O - delayed/received
KZ OA - plant hold, quality audit
KZ OB - zone or dealer hold, sales hold, vehicle prep hold, tax hold, finance hold, dealer refusal, diversion hold, vehicle diverted, derailment hold
KZ OC - carrier delay hold, rail car shortage, bad load, insufficient load, inclement weather, need shipping order, manifest error, strike-bound hold, emission or safety hold.
KZ OD - mechanical failure, glass damage, vehicle lacking parts, vehicle in repair, storage hold
KZ OE - misdropped or misshipped vehicle
KZ OF - shipped air freight, stolen vehicle recovered, show vehicle, test info code, vessel sailed
KZ OG - damaged vehicle, stolen vehicle, abandon to carrier, vehicle scrapped, donate vehicle, repair and auction
KZ OH - all other carrier codes that currently post an "O" delay code that are not included above
KZ R - vehicle within a few days of arrival to dealer
KZ T - second rail departure
KZ U - second rail arrival
KZ X - delivered to dealer
KZ Y1 - major damage - must not be sold as new
KZ Y2 - major damage - vehicle sold at auction

One other thing....they will build it faster if you stop calling it an SS #notachevy

·
Registered
2021 Challenger SRT Super Stock (ordered)
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You should have a estimated delivery date on your POC from the dealer. It's no guarantee but it's a good starting point.

Also this from a different post from @JeepGeek

BUILD SHEET: https://www.chrysler.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=
Just replace the XXXX part of the URL with your actual VIN in upper case. I believe this is available once the car is scheduled so once the car moves out of D1 status, start checking. Eventually it will appear. Tons of good information here and a great way to confirm your vehicle. You can select the link, then just edit the VIN at the end of url to yours. You can then make that URL a favorite to check it periodically.

WINDOW STICKER: https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=XXXX
When the car is invoiced to the dealer, the window sticker will be made available. Again, replace the XXXX part of the URL with your actual VIN in upper case. It should be a PDF of the sticker on your car's window. This wont be available until the car is done with the Trim stage. Just like the build sheet, click the link then update the VIN at the end of the URL and make it a favorite.

There are many codes, here is a list to help explain what the possibilities are (I do not know if this list contains all of the possible codes): Generally speaking – you will get words not codes from a chat or phone rep. Your sales rep will usually get a code or a word. With the list below you can work between them all and get a sense for what is next. You really care about the scheduled, build and built stages.

Chrysler Order Status Codes
Unscheduled
BA - new order that hasn't been checked/approved
BB - fleet order only - review by Bid Department
BD - special equipment processing
BE - edit error - coding error which must be corrected before the order can be considered for scheduling
BG - order has passed edit but cannot be considered for scheduling
BG F - finance hold - automatic cancellation after 15 days
BG B - model or option hold / build out hold
BG L - material restriction hold
BG M - material hold (fleet)
BX - good order, available for scheduling
ZA - cancelled order

Scheduled
C - tentative schedule
D - firm schedule: serial number is assigned.
D1 - gateline: plant has sequenced the unit for production, estimated ship date assigned
D2 - gateline: framing and build imminent, usually within 3-6 days
Note: Once a vehicle reaches scheduled (C or D) status, it cannot be cancelled by the dealer. Orders can sit in D-status for up to 60 days.

Build
E - framing
F - paint
G - trim

Built
I - unit is pending final inspection
J - vehicle has passed final inspection, but has not been released to carrier
JB - shipped to body vendor
JE - shipped to emissions
JJ - consigned body vendor
JS - shipped to storage
KZ - released by plant and invoiced
Note: Vehicles must reach KZ-status before an invoice can be generated.

Traffic Codes
KZ L - released but not shipped
KZ M - first rail departure
KZ N - first rail arrival
KZ O - delayed/received
KZ OA - plant hold, quality audit
KZ OB - zone or dealer hold, sales hold, vehicle prep hold, tax hold, finance hold, dealer refusal, diversion hold, vehicle diverted, derailment hold
KZ OC - carrier delay hold, rail car shortage, bad load, insufficient load, inclement weather, need shipping order, manifest error, strike-bound hold, emission or safety hold.
KZ OD - mechanical failure, glass damage, vehicle lacking parts, vehicle in repair, storage hold
KZ OE - misdropped or misshipped vehicle
KZ OF - shipped air freight, stolen vehicle recovered, show vehicle, test info code, vessel sailed
KZ OG - damaged vehicle, stolen vehicle, abandon to carrier, vehicle scrapped, donate vehicle, repair and auction
KZ OH - all other carrier codes that currently post an "O" delay code that are not included above
KZ R - vehicle within a few days of arrival to dealer
KZ T - second rail departure
KZ U - second rail arrival
KZ X - delivered to dealer
KZ Y1 - major damage - must not be sold as new
KZ Y2 - major damage - vehicle sold at auction

One other thing....they will build it faster if you stop calling it an SS #notachevy
Thanks. You've given me a wealth of knowledge.

I was referring to it as a Hellcat Super Stock, and I was corrected by someone on another forum. He said to refer to it as a SRT SS (I'll change it now...lol)

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
10,247 Posts
FYI - estimated delivery date is absolutely useless. Believe it or not your dealer has the best info for you. Gotta keep bugging them but tbh try to forget about it and voila - it will arrive. Ask me how I know... Some people get all riled up about the SS thing (Chevy). They better get used to it, most of us call it a SS lol.
Edited.

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
FYI - estimated delivery date is absolutely useless. Believe it or not your dealer has the best info for you. Gotta keep bugging them but tbh try to forget about it and voila - it will arrive. Ask me how I know...
You were right befoore, it's a Hellcat SS. Not sure who's telling you otherwise. Actually it's a Hellcat Redeye SS. There's no SRT in the actual name.

My window sticker says Challenger SRT Super Stock...not SS....I didn't buy a Chevy

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
10,247 Posts
My window sticker says Challenger SRT Super Stock...not SS....I didn't buy a Chevy
Guess we'll all need to stop using shortcuts for everything then. No one said SS is the actual name but I'm not typing "Super Stock" every time I refer to one. Sue me lol. Or Redeye (RE) Or Wide body (WB). We all use shortcuts here and a Super Stock will be a SS for me and lot of others. No one claims it's the actual name.

·
Premium Member
182 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 Hellcat Charger
129 Posts
Mine took about 4 months from order date to delivery, however I ordered mine march 12th and then covid shut down Brampton Assembly march 20th. So that caused a big delay.

·
Registered
Ordered 2021 Super Stock 6/14
135 Posts
It's a Super Stock, my Chevelle is an SS :) Mine has been on order since 6/15. Sit tight. They will get built. I'm just as frustrated. Dodge really needs to give the customers more visibility to our orders. They are way behind the curve in that regard.

·
Premium Member
2021 Redeye Super Stock
741 Posts
I ordered my SS (abbreviation intended)...on April 17th of this year. Got it about 10 weeks later. It actually arrived quicker than the dealer promised. Seems like I was lucky. And Slowpoke is right. If your dealer is a pretty good one, they can have the best delivery/progress data you can get.

·
Registered
‘21 SRT SUPER STOCK
1,391 Posts
Thanks. You've given me a wealth of knowledge.

I was referring to it as a Hellcat Super Stock, and I was corrected by someone on another forum. He said to refer to it as a SRT SS (I'll change it now...lol)
And the cat badge has a red eye…wth is going on! what is this thing already!….I mean besides the fact that it lets you know that your 93 octane is not really 93 octane

·
Registered
43 Posts
Plants have been shutdown on and off due to availability of parts. I have a 22 ram 2500 Laramie diesel on order since June 5th still in D status.
D1 is a good sign you should see movement on your order soon.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts