SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many of us have attended the SRT Track Experience when we first bought our Hellcats. Back in 2015 when Chrysler was facilitating these events, some of us on this forum attended in Fontana at the Auto Club California Speedway. It only took me 6 years to edit the video:

Reactions: JP426 and optout

· Registered
2015 Challenger SRT M6 Hellcat
1,164 Posts
Are they still doing this at all?
Yep!

· Registered
Challenger SRT 392
9,283 Posts
"Joint marketing opportunities and Dodge//SRT experiences at select racetracks across the country are also part of the sponsorship."

What does that mean? SRT Experience at select tracks across the country? They haven't done that since 2015.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

· Premium Member
2019 Redeye Challenger widebody (Octane Red)
162 Posts
I bought a 17 Hellcat two years ago and had Dodge check the VIN to see if the certificate had been used and it wasn’t and then I filled out the information at Bondurant and scheduled my “experience“ last year. I LOVED it and pushed the car I had as hard as I could and learned a lot about the car. I traded my 17 in a couple months ago and got a REWB and did the same thing…checked the certificate and it wasn’t used and I’ll be going back to “now” Radford racing to do it all again. I can’t speak for anyone else, but I love the experience and have family in AZ so the trip is cheap with only airfare, food and green fees (I love golfing in AZ) as my only cost.

· Registered
1,164 Posts
I bought a 17 Hellcat two years ago and had Dodge check the VIN to see if the certificate had been used and it wasn’t and then I filled out the information at Bondurant and scheduled my “experience“ last year. I LOVED it and pushed the car I had as hard as I could and learned a lot about the car. I traded my 17 in a couple months ago and got a REWB and did the same thing…checked the certificate and it wasn’t used and I’ll be going back to “now” Radford racing to do it all again. I can’t speak for anyone else, but I love the experience and have family in AZ so the trip is cheap with only airfare, food and green fees (I love golfing in AZ) as my only cost.
Did the same thing when I bought my 2015 last year. The certs are registered to the VIN, not any particular owner or person. If the original owner did not use the certificate, you can redeem it once you provide Dodge with your proof of ownership. Best way to do it is to create an account at Dodge Garage and register your Charger or Challenger SRT. Over time, their database will link your vehicle with the owner. In my case, I sent them a copy of my insurance card showing the VIN of my Hellcat.

Best time to attend is Feb/March/April. The temps climb into triple digits by mid-May.

· Premium Member
2019 Redeye Challenger widebody (Octane Red)
162 Posts
My 2015 never used the certificate, so I'm scheduled to go in April. I'm glad the airline BS calmed down too.
Gonna be a hot one….make sure you turn the A/C on - Lolololo. The first time I went I forgot to turn on any of the different modes to see how the car reacted, I’m looking forward to making adjustments this time to see how it compares to my first runs. Have fun and enjoy the ride at the end with the instructor…they have full HP - we are on the black key during the class.

· Registered
1,164 Posts
What if I carry my Red key.............or do they search you prior to running?????????? :)
Naw, since you won't be driving your own HC. LOL! You pair up with another attendee and you trade-off in a Radford RE. Black key only. The goal is to knock over as many traffic cones as possible!

· Registered
1,164 Posts
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, ok, thanks! Wait, do we set up the cones?????????
Nope. Full VIP treatment. The cones are already setup for the various drills. They have a couple of guys sitting in an extra Redeye who act as pin-setters, speeding out to any cones you knock over during your run to re-set them for the next driver following you.

· Registered
1,164 Posts
One last recommendation. I drove to Radford from San Diego because Chandler, AZ only about six hours away. My cousin lives in Sun City (about 30 miles north of Radford) so I planned to stay at his place but I should have arrived at least a full day before. Instead I arrived at my cousin's place in the evening. Being amped up from the drive and the excitement of going to Radford the next day, and also trying to sleep in unfamiliar surroundings, I got zero sleep that night. Radford starts around 8 AM and I flat out "crashed" (the energy kind, not the automotive kind) just before the afternoon drills, which include autocross and track driving. I did poorly in those drills and I wonder how much better I could have done had I been better prepared.

When you go, try to have at least one full day between your arrival and your SRT day. Two would be better. The heat will already sap a lot of your energy but running with only an hour or two of sleep will make it worse, even if you're younger than my advanced age (late 50's when I went).

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.