SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I just grabbed a 2018 Challenger HC Widebody. I has a leg maker CA intake, dual catch can, and Borla S type exhaust so far. I was offered a military discount to put a 2.85 metco upper pulley, 10% over on the lower, D1300 injectors, belt, intercooler, splitter, pinned crank and ATI balancer. Finis her off with a HPP tune (all for 4k). I use my HC as a daily driver and they think she can pull 840 on the dyno at 93 oct. Is this a good deal? And can the stock blower handle that upgrade?

·
Registered
209 Posts
I wouldn't do it if it's a daily driver, personally. Your current mods won't void the powertrain warranty. You do pretty much everything else you listed and you no longer have a powertrain warranty.

Can you afford to be out $20k if the engine grenades? If so, go for it. If not, you need to be seriously questioning why you're doing what you're doing. A 700HP daily driver with a factory warranty is pretty sweet. That's part of why it's such an expensive car to begin with.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
96 Posts
Lower pulley and call it a day.
No need for injectors or additional upgrades.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
580 Posts
I disagree, those mods make a unbelievable "93 octane tuned" daily driver. Better add drag radials to that list.
1300 injectors are not needed, 1050s will do.
If your worried about warranty, then don't mod it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback. I'm not worried about the warranty, just dont want to grenade the blower. The tuner and the mech seem to think the stock HC blowers are good up to 1000 rwhp before rods and bearings upgrades but I can't seem to find find any HC owners who says that setup will be okay for a daily.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
580 Posts
Your blower will make noise when the bearings are going bad. I would buy boca bearings for the snout and bearing plate, but wait till they are bad to put them in.... or wait till it is convenient to do so.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Your blower will make noise when the bearings are going bad. I would buy boca bearings for the snout and bearing plate, but wait till they are bad to put them in.... or wait till it is convenient to do so.
Do you happen to have an part no for these? I'm chatting with boca and they are asking.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
How about hybrid ceramics? You can't use full ceramic due to outrahgeous RPM, but hybrids offer less resistance and longer life. The real ones are pricey, though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How about hybrid ceramics? You can't use full ceramic due to outrahgeous RPM, but hybrids offer less resistance and longer life. The real ones are pricey, though.
It looks like boca has some hybrid but I don't know which is the correct set yet. They range from $48 to $248 depending. 6203 is the standard HC but I dont know how to differentiate between the 6203 RS v. The 6203C LL v. The 6203 LL/H. So I'm waiting to find out more info and will push when I find the right ones.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
580 Posts
Here you go
Screenshot_20200522-072756_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20200522-072743_Chrome.jpg

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
580 Posts
No problem.
Screenshot_20200522-073557_Chrome.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
179 Posts
I have the metco 2.85
Did you decide against the hellraiser or what the metco the only one brought to your attention? The hellraiser is supposed to be decoupled like the stock pulley (actually even made by the same people who made the stock pulley). It's more expensive though by a good amount.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
580 Posts
I chose a preowned metco and hub for $120 from the marketplace, looked brand new. 700 on the hellraiser is rediculous. Not to mention I dont see the benefit on the automatic, I dont chop my throttle at redline and decelerate on motor drag.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I wasn't aware of it when I purchased. Metco came highly recommended and so I bit. I haven't put it on yet. I'm still deciding if the mods are worth the $$. I'm leaning towards doing it.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
580 Posts
Correct

1 - 20 of 20 Posts