SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked my Redeye up a few weeks ago just hit 1000 miles and plan on racing.
What rear wheel size and back spacing do I use if I go with a bead lock wheel?
I assume I need a 17x10 inch wheel.
What beadlock wheel brand does anyone suggest?
I assume Mickey Thompson ET street 305/45R17 is the tire?
I do not want 315 due to trimming potential.

These are pricey so I want to make sure I buy the right stuff.

What do the experts here suggest?

Thanks

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye
279 Posts
I am not an expert on anything but have a few sets of welds. I like the look of the 18 wheel better because the 18 x 305 MT street R are 28.9 tall, or maybe 29. I am not a fan of the look of the shorter 28.0 305 street R tires for 17" wheels but if you have a 2.62 gear they may go a little quicker. I hooked up 2 times with my stock redeye with a 3.09 and 18's and pulled a 1.49 each time matting it off idle, and that works for me. I like a tire at least 28.6" tall on our cars on the street if I can get that for optimum appearance. I had to settle for 28.0 on the front of blue with the narrows for at the track..

I find beadlocks are un-necessary for what I do, stock. Instead of Hi Tack on the wheels to hold the tires I use Molasses and the tires seem to hold pretty good, but move a little bit once in a while which doesn't ever seem to bother it on the drive home. A non-issue. The molasses is very sticky and cleans up easy whereas Hi Tack not so much.

There are other styles if you don't care for these with the same dimensions I would imagine.The 18 x 10 welds I use are S-71s.. 71HB7100W66A and the 17 x 10 welds I also have are S-71 .. 71HP7100W67A with both sets purchased from HHP a few years ago. NOTE: The P in the 17 is for polished centers and the B in the 18 is for black centers. Use the letter you want for the color of the center you want. These are NON beadlock, if you plan on keeping it stock you can save your money IMO.

I painted the 18 wheel black after a few years to match the fronts on the blue car. Those are Race Star fronts 18x5 with 28 tall MT . The bottom photo red car rears are the 17x 10 welds with the 28" tall 305 street R's. That car is lowered so it closed the gap and the tires don't look so short. Both sets a wheels fit fine but you have to use shorter rear sway bar links with the 17x10s and adjust the plastic fender inner liner some by bending it with your hand so it does not rub with either wheel. No big deal. Oh, and pull the suspension wire back some from the wheel to keep it from rubbing on the rim and cutting it. Also no big deal, but don't forget to do that.

If you are set on getting beadlocks. those dimensions should work. 6.6 offset, H in the part number is for high spoke clearance on the 18.
6.7 BS, H in the part number is for high spoke clearance on the 17.
Have fun !

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Locking hubs Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Plant

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye
279 Posts
No on the links with 18's and the trim is easy. I just bent the plastic back with my hand in a couple spots with little effort. The suspension wire you may have to pull back, the wheel edge cut mine on my 2016 on the way to the track before I knew better.

· Banned
‘16 A8 Shaker
3,116 Posts
The R in a 18 is pn 3580. Good luck finding any right now. No one has had em for months. M/T will prolly do a run in 60 days or so. Or I know where there are 2 brand new ones from the run earlier this year. Hmu if you want em

· Registered
2017 Challenger SRT Hellcat
917 Posts

· Registered
2017 Challenger SRT Hellcat
917 Posts
I love the color, love that it's a redeye and I prefer standard body over widebody. I'm just not in a position to upgrade from what I have now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.