SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,262 Posts
I'm sure it will just be a giveaway car.

Reactions: Saifrushdi

· HOTM Winner
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
12,667 Posts
These dipshits on YT. I am stunned that people actually watch this garbage. Same people prob own the corny Fast n Stupid DVD collection lol. This guy isnt that bad comparatively speaking, he’s just about 6 years late lol. Although “it’s a stickshift which is a good thing so you know it hasnt been romped on. Most people dont know how to drive a stickshift”. Ok maybe he is that bad.
Now where’s my beer and get off my lawn…

· Registered
'23 Redeye Jailbreak
4,813 Posts
Even though I've owned 16 Mustang's over the years of which 3 tried to kill me and 1 nearly succeeded, That's funny ...
My green Mustang never tried to kill me, but it was cursed and did kill the 2nd owner. Long story short, it was a 1,000whp build that I did back in late 2014 on a new 2015 Mustang GT. I ended up putting 2 different engines in it, 3 different ProChargers, and even tried a Hellion twin turbo on it. It was very well built and could stamp out mid 9s with great consistency. As it approached 50,000 miles, it was coming up on needing another engine refresher. It was still passing its leakdown tests, but I knew that about every 30k, it would need gasket work. So, I did the right thing and sold it.

I sold it to the owner of a Nissan dealership in Panama City... not to the dealership, but in a private sale to the owner. His goal was to flip it at auction and he paid me to take it back and do the engine refresh on it. When I returned it to him, I gave him the same speech I gave any customer of mine and told him about the car's characteristics, how to maintain it, etc. etc. I stressed that this car was not street friendly, yet was street legal and really needed a mature driver with some experience.

He ignored everything I told him. For whatever reason, instead of sending it to auction, he put it up for sale at one of their new locations on consignment. That dealership let a 22yr old kid who drove up in a 1998 Honda Civic test drive it. He wrecked it 12 seconds after hitting the start button by pulling out into traffic and hammered the gas before the wheels were straight. He shot across the median and t-boned a 7-series BMW on a test drive.

6 months later, the green mustang had been repaired and was for sale again. This time, they successfully sold it to a country good ol' boy who traded in an early 2000s Silverado for it. The green Mustang killed that owner after he was DUI 2 weeks later and hit a tree while traveling in excess of 150mph on a 2-lane road.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,262 Posts
It's like watching demonology channel I just want to see the races but you got to go through 20 minutes of just him talking and bullshit.
Exactly. All these bullshit channels have 2 minutes (or less) of action and 10 minutes of chit chat

Reactions: snobrdrdan

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,624 Posts
My green Mustang never tried to kill me, but it was cursed and did kill the 2nd owner. Long story short, it was a 1,000whp build that I did back in late 2014 on a new 2015 Mustang GT. I ended up putting 2 different engines in it, 3 different ProChargers, and even tried a Hellion twin turbo on it. It was very well built and could stamp out mid 9s with great consistency. As it approached 50,000 miles, it was coming up on needing another engine refresher. It was still passing its leakdown tests, but I knew that about every 30k, it would need gasket work. So, I did the right thing and sold it.

I sold it to the owner of a Nissan dealership in Panama City... not to the dealership, but in a private sale to the owner. His goal was to flip it at auction and he paid me to take it back and do the engine refresh on it. When I returned it to him, I gave him the same speech I gave any customer of mine and told him about the car's characteristics, how to maintain it, etc. etc. I stressed that this car was not street friendly, yet was street legal and really needed a mature driver with some experience.

He ignored everything I told him. For whatever reason, instead of sending it to auction, he put it up for sale at one of their new locations on consignment. That dealership let a 22yr old kid who drove up in a 1998 Honda Civic test drive it. He wrecked it 12 seconds after hitting the start button by pulling out into traffic and hammered the gas before the wheels were straight. He shot across the median and t-boned a 7-series BMW on a test drive.

6 months later, the green mustang had been repaired and was for sale again. This time, they successfully sold it to a country good ol' boy who traded in an early 2000s Silverado for it. The green Mustang killed that owner after he was DUI 2 weeks later and hit a tree while traveling in excess of 150mph on a 2-lane road.
Wow what a history and a sad outcome. I tell people all the time that our cars although most not at 1k hp if you don't respect the power you will pay with something tragic..

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

· Registered
'23 Redeye Jailbreak
4,813 Posts
Wow what a history and a sad outcome. I tell people all the time that our cars although most not at 1k hp if you don't respect the power you will pay with something tragic..

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
That's why I was so angry with the guy I sold the car to. When I read about the guy dying in the newspaper, I went straight to that dealer and more or less shouted at him, "Look! This is on you!"

That car I sold him was a race car. It was set up to be street legal so it could compete in the Pro Street class. The thing was caged, had a plexiglass windshield, side window nets, the whole nine yards. It was -NOT- a street car. The throttle on the car was like firing a pistol with a shaved trigger. Instant throttle response and the car made 700 torque at 2,500rpm and 1,000 at 8500rpm. An 18psi blown car is just too much for the street. I was OK driving it because I built the thing and greatly respected it. If you went more than 30% throttle, it would send a pair of smoky rooster tails 8 feet above the trunk deck.

That car had custom made shortened titanium IRS half shafts so I could fit 335s under the stock fenders. It was also tubbed and the fuel cell relocated into the space where the back seat used to be. I tried to move as much of the weight into the rear as I could, so I also relocated the battery to the trunk. It ran on an ultra soft custom suspension. It handled worse than a school bus with horrible body roll. It was built for 1 function... and that was to run a 1/4, 1/2, or standing mile and nothing else. If it ever rained while I was out with it, I'd have to pull over and wait. On a perfect day, I could long haul drive it 2-3 hours to a race track, and did on numerous occasions, but to do it, I'd take the F1-R off and swap the head unit to a D1X, flash a tune with the nGauge and reverse the process when I got to the track. It only took about a half hour. The D1X was a 12 psi unit with the pulley installed so that it would only allow the car to make about 810 whp.

When the dude killed himself, the F1-R was on the car. I don't honestly know how he survived 2 weeks driving it around like that. I'm just glad he was alone and the only other thing involved was a tree and not another motorist or a passenger. That car should have never been sold to someone without a lot of racing experience. It should have gone to someone who wanted a race car to continue racing it... not to someone for a pleasure cruiser. It was such a terrible vehicle... but it was a hell of a race car.

· Registered
3 Posts
I’m really glad I found this post because I discovered this is the very car I just bought from the same dealership in Wilmington DE lol.
Apparently it's not totally stock like stangmode claims, there is some electric exhaust bypass that the PO installed that basically makes it a straight pipe, operated with a remote.
If you watch stangmode’s follow up video he gave it back to the dealer because of his followers not digging the mopar since it’s a mustang channel. Well I love the car so far it’s amazing….funny thing is I traded a mustang in for this baby. Kinda ironic.

· Registered
2021 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
632 Posts
I’m really glad I found this post because I discovered this is the very car I just bought from the same dealership in Wilmington DE lol.
Apparently it's not totally stock like stangmode claims, there is some electric exhaust bypass that the PO installed that basically makes it a straight pipe, operated with a remote.
If you watch stangmode’s follow up video he gave it back to the dealer because of his followers not digging the mopar since it’s a mustang channel. Well I love the car so far it’s amazing….funny thing is I traded a mustang in for this baby. Kinda ironic.
Congrats! How you like the Hellcat compared to your Mustang?

· Registered
3 Posts
Congrats! How you like the Hellcat compared to your Mustang?
It’s not even a fair comparison lol. I mean I felt right away the hellcat is a big car compared to the mustang but it handles well and it’s motor makes up for the weight, so any concerns about it being heavy we’re forgot about probably 2 minutes after I drove it. I’m more comfortable too in the car space wise. The mustang was a 2011 5.0 with a few upgrades definitely was fun to drive but not like this.
I took my son out for a drive today and his face lit up, mine too lol. Definitely in love with the car. It seems to cause a conversation with strangers anywhere you stop. Glad Stangmode brought it back.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.