SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is gradually increasing, which causes the starter to repeatedly spin for 10-15 seconds before everything stops. The car starts right up when I push the button again. I took it to the dealership last weekend, but since they couldn't reproduce the cold start conditions, the car started just fine for them. Suggestions?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
6,982 Posts
Next cold start try first hitting the start button twice with your foot off the brake, this will power up the car and run the fuel pump. After it does its thing, then put your foot on the brake and hit the button once and see if it starts.

With Tip Start that all automatics have, don't think your button is sticking, the tip start is auto cranking it and it's taking a while to start for some other reason, maybe fuel pressure.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will do; thanks man! With that being said, I've seen some other posts related to fuel rail/injector/pump issues, so perhaps that could be the root of the problem. It's only got 3600 miles on it though, and I only use Shell 93 fuel.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
385 Posts
Will do; thanks man! With that being said, I've seen some other posts related to fuel rail/injector/pump issues, so perhaps that could be the root of the problem. It's only got 3600 miles on it though, and I only use Shell 93 fuel.
I'm not here to start fuel fight War.
On my 2018 Charger HC i was experiencing same problem.
Our kitty doesn't like Nitrogen enrichment .
Try other brands for 2-3 fuel tanks and see for yourself

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No worries bro; thanks for sharing! Never had a problem with my '16 R/T 5.7 and I ran all kinds of different 93 fuels in it; realize the HC is a totally different animal, so that's why I assumed it always needed the "good stuff"...I'll take your advice though, because it just doesn't seem logical that a pretty much still brand new beast would act that way. Thanks again, I appreciate the heads up!

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
385 Posts
No worries bro; thanks for sharing! Never had a problem with my '16 R/T 5.7 and I ran all kinds of different 93 fuels in it; realize the HC is a totally different animal, so that's why I assumed it always needed the "good stuff"...I'll take your advice though, because it just doesn't seem logical that a pretty much still brand new beast would act that way. Thanks again, I appreciate the heads up!
Be aware of the fuel pump stations that have 3-4 different octane fuel choices all used over one fuel hose gas gun.
That will affect octane if someone was filled with 87 before you....
Also sometime could be bad fuel batch.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
385 Posts
My was on top of that what you experience doing.
It will take long to start on cold and run for 3-4 second and die.
Switching from my favorite fuel Shell to other brand stopped from happening ever again.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
27 Posts
This is gradually increasing, which causes the starter to repeatedly spin for 10-15 seconds before everything stops. The car starts right up when I push the button again. I took it to the dealership last weekend, but since they couldn't reproduce the cold start conditions, the car started just fine for them. Suggestions?
did you ever solve this? It’s happened in my2019 charger hellcat ever since I got it new

·
FCA Official
Challenger SRT Hellcat
276 Posts
did you ever solve this? It’s happened in my2019 charger hellcat ever since I got it new
Hi jrizzo,
We apologize for the trouble you are experiencing. If you are not able to remedy this concern with the advice provided here, we kindly recommend connecting with your local Dodge dealer. If you are in need of any assistance with that process, our team is available via private message.

Rob
Dodge Cares

1 - 9 of 9 Posts