SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my new '22 Redeye back in May and today the steering/front end started creaking like a desert car with 200k miles on it. There's only 803 miles on the clock. I've babied this car from day one and have not done anything wild with her (yet). I'm the only driver. I haven't hit anything or gone over speed bumps fast. I can't think of anything I've done that would've caused this.

I recorded the noise. You can clearly hear the creaking... creaking.mp4

I plan on setting up an appointment with the dealership. Anyone else experience this?

Pretty disappointed that my ~$100k car is having an issue like this so soon :mad:. Oh well, I will gladly let FCA eat the cost of diagnosing and fixing whatever is wrong :)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
78 Posts
I would ride with the tech in the car to point out the noise so that can't say "could not duplicate." I had a car once that had a rattle and the tech drove the car around the parking lot and said he didn't hear anything. When I made him drive on the road the sound was obvious and it was fixed.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,341 Posts
There are a lot of bushing in the front end and rack mounts. Something could be loose or have a badly made/installed bushing.

Like @Mopar23 suggested, get a tech in the car with you. Your recording should help as well.

A drive-on rack will keep the front end loaded while in the air with a tech underneath while the steering is oscillated. If they use a drive-on alignment rack, either lock or remove the front plates so there is a true steering resistance like when it's on the ground.

Let us know...

Font Line Drawing Auto part Line art

·
Registered
2022 Charger Redeye
546 Posts
I bought my new '22 Redeye back in May and today the steering/front end started creaking like a desert car with 200k miles on it. There's only 803 miles on the clock. I've babied this car from day one and have not done anything wild with her (yet). I'm the only driver. I haven't hit anything or gone over speed bumps fast. I can't think of anything I've done that would've caused this.

I recorded the noise. You can clearly hear the creaking... creaking.mp4

I plan on setting up an appointment with the dealership. Anyone else experience this?

Pretty disappointed that my ~$100k car is having an issue like this so soon :mad:. Oh well, I will gladly let FCA eat the cost of diagnosing and fixing whatever is wrong :)
Shouldn’t be any creaking noises. Hope they find the issue and hope you let us know what they find. 👍
I‘ve got over 125K miles in Hellcats without creaking noises 😉

·
Registered
2015 Charger SRT Hellcat
3,308 Posts
If you're that bothered by it, put a GoPro down by the linkage and do it. I would NOT be concerned about that myself. Remember, you're dealing with a mass-produced car and not an AMG.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts