SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious to know if there is some sort of alignment trick or different parts used on the demon's front suspension. When swapping at the track from OEM 20 inch wheels to the 18" skinnies Demon has no issues with a straight wheel going down the track.

With 18x5's up front on my standard 16' Hellcat the steering wheel looked like taking a right turn when going straight. Alignment was pretty off but perfectly fine on OEM 20's.
Anyone else have this happen or know the cure? Would prefer not to get an alignment every time i want to run at the track. OEM Demon skinnies are 18x4.5"-8mm the D5 Forgestars i have are 18x5" -37mm. Perhaps the 21mm offset difference is the issue, not an expert on wheels.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
861 Posts
Curious to know if there is some sort of alignment trick or different parts used on the demon's front suspension. When swapping at the track from OEM 20 inch wheels to the 18" skinnies Demon has no issues with a straight wheel going down the track.
View attachment 557084

With 18x5's up front on my standard 16' Hellcat the steering wheel looked like taking a right turn when going straight. Alignment was pretty off but perfectly fine on OEM 20's.
Anyone else have this happen or know the cure? Would prefer not to get an alignment every time i want to run at the track. OEM Demon skinnies are 18x4.5"-8mm the D5 Forgestars i have are 18x5" -37mm. Perhaps the 21mm offset difference is the issue, not an expert on wheels.
View attachment 557085
That is odd wheels should not have any bearing on alignment unless the wheel is bent or the tire is defective. Try the stock Demon front skinny on the Hellcat if they fit? If it goes straight then blame it on the aftermarket setup.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do not have any demon skinnies to try. No one local owns one that i can bribe lol - Would definitely be one way to figure it out.
Will have to look into this steering alignment issue when the car is back from the shop.

No one else has had this issue with 18x5 front runners? Hopefully something isn't wrong with the D5 wheels. Can't have driven more than 5 miles. Would be shocked if it was a bent wheel or defective tire. Sportsman front runners were at 45psi, balanced out fine.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,777 Posts
View attachment 557084

View attachment 557085
Not clear if you are using the same skinnies on the HC that you use on the Demon. If they are not the same be sure the skinnies you are using on the HC the tires are the same -- size, load rating, tread hardness, tire pressures, etc. -- and if unidirectional are mounted in the right direction.

That you said the alignment was "pretty off" suggests that installing the skinny and smaller diameter front tires just exacerbates the "pretty off" alignment.

In this case my advice would be to with the factory 20" wheels installed and all tires properly inflated and the car empty of junk and the gas tank at least half full get the car aligned.

When you then run different rear and front tire setups -- different sizes -- this an affect alignment -- caster for one thing -- if the steering wheel was straight to begin with it should remain straight.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
861 Posts
Do not have any demon skinnies to try. No one local owns one that i can bribe lol - Would definitely be one way to figure it out.
Will have to look into this steering alignment issue when the car is back from the shop.

No one else has had this issue with 18x5 front runners? Hopefully something isn't wrong with the D5 wheels. Can't have driven more than 5 miles. Would be shocked if it was a bent wheel or defective tire. Sportsman front runners were at 45psi, balanced out fine.
I'm sorry. I was under the impression you have a Demon and a Hellcat.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm sorry. I was under the impression you have a Demon and a Hellcat.:rolleyes:
Not that fortunate brother! Just something i noticed. 100% OEM Demon has no problems with 18x4.5"-8mm w/M&H Race master 28x4.50x18. Forgestar D5's are 18x5"-37mm on 28x6x18 MT Sportsman. Would be very cool if someone could test the Demon skinnies out on a standard Hellcat.

Will have to double check alignment with 20's on then mess around with things. My hypothesis is i'll need an alignment each time i go to the track unless swapping to Demon front wheels.
See a lot of people on here running skinnies with the standard hellcat would love to hear more from ya'll - Hoping you guys aren't sending it down the track with a crooked wheel lol

·
Registered
461 Posts
Are demons alignment specs different than a hellcat? Are drag strips crowned like a regular road?

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
251 Posts
I drive my car to and from the track 50 mi. one way, with no problems. I have 18"x5" with M/H front runners @ 40psi.... mine is straight as can be.... I ran 10.42 @ 135 and then drove home... Put on the 20's and does not change any. Hope you get it figured out.....

Reactions: SRTGhostrider
1 - 9 of 9 Posts