SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good news or bad news?
So, that is? It's the end of SRT, Dodge, Hellcats, Challengers?
I can't believe it.

Does anyone know more about it?
Will we see any hellcat in 2022?

·
Registered
2021 Durango Hellcat
5,843 Posts
EVs!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
223 Posts
According to mopar insiders they will use them to modify all stellantis cars,hopefully this merger doesn't turn out like when Mercedes destroyed Chrysler.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Always amazing to me that people describe politicians and corporations as lying, greedy thieves and then take every bad news word they say as gospel. Is it just human nature to readily accept bad news? Let's all take a breath and see how thjs actually pans out.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
34 Posts
^ Agree- they are not stopping making SRT branded vehicles. Just a personnel re-arrangement. Last year GM broke up their "Team Corvette" group in a similar fashion, though Corvette lives on.

·
Premium Member
2020 M6 HC
670 Posts
Of course the SRT brand will survive. The current platforms for the SRT will not. Hard to believe that any new platform will support a SC V8. The Corvette is its own platform. Unlikely Dodge will have a platform just for the SRT, they will just apply the brand to whatever new platforms come along. The first thing that happens after a merger is improvements in "efficiency" in to maximize profits.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Always amazing to me that people describe politicians and corporations as lying, greedy thieves and then take every bad news word they say as gospel. Is it just human nature to readily accept bad news? Let's all take a breath and see how thjs actually pans out.
that’s it, hellcats will live. It’s all we wanted to know 🥳🍾

·
Premium Member
2020 M6 HC
670 Posts
Maybe I missed something, but I do not see any implication that the SC V8 will continue.

·
Registered
2017 Challenger HC 6M
212 Posts
I don't see how Ralph's statement is so reassuring. It sounds like to me the SRT team is being watered down. I'm not as bothered by the automobiles having/not having an SRT badge. I'm more worried about the SRT engineers being dissolved into the ocean of other engineering teams. So are they saying they'll produce somewhat cooler base model cars, but since there's no dedicated performance team, there might not be any iconic cars (i.e. Viper/Hellcat)? Also, didn't the TRX and the 392 Jeep take engines that were designed by the SRT team?

Honestly, why did anyone come out and say anything at all? They should have just kept this on the quiet.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts