SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
'18 Challenger Scat Pack; In The Market
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Link to Article

"Vehicles impacted by Stellantis’ production halts include the Chrysler 300 sedan and Pacifica and Voyager minivans, Dodge Charger and Challenger cars, Jeep Cherokee and Compass SUVs and Ram 1500 Classic pickup. A newer version of the Ram 1500 remains in production at a different Michigan plant. "

More disappointing news for those of us who have placed orders (or are about to place orders). Hopefully not a long delay.

·
Registered
65 GTO, 21 REWB Challenger ordered
135 Posts
That certainly sucks. For those of us with cars on order and all those plant workers. As someone who works in the aircraft industry, I've seen the impact on factories all to often.

I talked with customer care a couple times over the last 3 weeks since ordering my car. They told me as of early last week "all the parts/components for the car had been collected and the car was waiting to enter into the build sequence". I would think that "all the parts/components" includes the chips. I know anything customer car says is to be taken with a grain of salt 🤷‍♂️.

·
Registered
107 Posts
They told me as of early last week "all the parts/components for the car had been collected and the car was waiting to enter into the build sequence". I would think that "all the parts/components" includes the chips.
I’m in the same boat. All of the parts for my build were “collected” and it went into JB status yesterday. If the have the parts, and production has started, why shut down and stop?

·
Registered
2021 widebody Redeye Pitch Black.
506 Posts
Hell fire!!! Mine was just painted yesterday!!! So close!!! I'm sure it's gonna sit there now, unless they built what they had & emptied the line.

·
Registered
284 Posts
My local HC and SP market is insane right now. Everything is very far over inflated, especially Manual cars as there has been a stop production for a while on top of the chip issues. If anyone is looking to sell, nows the time!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Man, I was on the fence about ordering EXACTLY what I wanted vs getting the one on the local dealer lot that was 95%. Glad I went ahead and grabbed it. Been loving it for a week now. If I walked in there this week after the announcement, I don't think the additional 5k dealer discount would have been on the table, either lol.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
851 Posts
My local HC and SP market is insane right now. Everything is very far over inflated, especially Manual cars as there has been a stop production for a while on top of the chip issues. If anyone is looking to sell, nows the time!
Maybe I need to renegotiate the agreed value with my insurance company? Sheesh.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
6,980 Posts
I’m in the same boat. All of the parts for my build were “collected” and it went into JB status yesterday. If the have the parts, and production has started, why shut down and stop?
If you're JB you're good. Your car is already built and has left Brampton and the Upfitter should not be affected by this.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
143 Posts
My local HC and SP market is insane right now. Everything is very far over inflated, especially Manual cars as there has been a stop production for a while on top of the chip issues. If anyone is looking to sell, now's the time!
Yeah, I traded in my 2 year old Hellcat for more than I paid for it to a dealership toward my new Redeye.

·
Registered
2021 Charger Hellcat - On Order
29 Posts
That might explain why my build date is April 23rd. I was wondering why it was going to take that long when all my parts were collected and it was waiting to be built.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
513 Posts
I just ordered my Hellcat this week now there is a 3 week layoff. The agony of waiting is the worst.
i feel your pain!! when the red eye first came out i orderd mine in 8/18 took delivery 12 29 18 they were just geting started and it was alot slower than it is now.!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I ordered on 3/25 but I’m not mad. This news is not new. They have had a chip shortage for awhile. They will get more. Got to roll with it either way. Hopefully everyone gets a good deal and their car soon.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts