SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Stock 1/4 mile times

115792 Views 58 Replies 35 Participants Last post by  Tom's 378.347 cid
What time is a normal 1/4 mile time for a off the floor A8 hellcat challenger. Stock tires , stock everything. No burn out on a drag strip. I have heard and read M6 cars are .5 second slower. What is the typical time.
thank you
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

· Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
773 Posts
Best I could get was 11.7 129.25. Poor launch lots of spin or Traction control kicking in. There has been better though.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
515 Posts
Seen a stock charger go 11.1 with 18psi stock tires. typically 1210 to 1170s with stock tire pressure with lots of wheel spin and 1160s to 1130s with 18psi. But those are the average. 11.10s 11.00s are capable on a track that's prepped well with a good 60ft. Weather conditions, driver and track prep play a key role getting those times. A8.

Reactions: MattG

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,211 Posts
Here's a link I posted awhile back.
Keep in mind this was on a low mileage car with very little practice and not the greatest of weather.
On the street totally stock, meaning totally stock, with a car with 3,000+ miles on odometer in good weather conditions, I think 11.4's-11.5's would be easily attainable. Keep in mind too, trap speeds on the street will be a couple mph higher than drag strip (why you ask? because it's not coated with sticky VHT that causes lots of friction, great for launches, not as great for trap speeds. Higher ET's also often result in higher traps).

1/4 mile runs...on the street...stock (Round 2) | SRT Hellcat Forum

On a good drag strip, with good prep and sea level or below DA, totally stock (for those that don't seem to understand what totally stock means: it means, no DR's, no aftermarket DS, no race fuel, no weight reduction, and no other performance enhancing modifications of any kind), 11.1-11.2 in A8 cars.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4 Posts
I ran 11.87 @ 118MPH on stock tires with only a few passes. There is definitely more in it; but launching the M6 is tricky, for sure. I tried many combinations of traction & suspension set ups. This pass I launched at 4200RPM. 20PSI in the stock rear tires. Want to try some drag radials, for sure.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
359 Posts
I ran a 11.6 at 120 mph second time down the track in 20 years stock p-zeros w/24 psi
Left line at 1200rpm went full throttle just after Christmas tree. A8 set auto shift suspension street transmission track traction control on. I never expected it to pull that hard. Tires broke loose going into 4th, felt t/c pull engine down.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
38 Posts

My most recent three runs.....going to the track again tonight to try and do better.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts