SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Stock 1/4 mile times

115792 Views 58 Replies 35 Participants Last post by  Tom's 378.347 cid
What time is a normal 1/4 mile time for a off the floor A8 hellcat challenger. Stock tires , stock everything. No burn out on a drag strip. I have heard and read M6 cars are .5 second slower. What is the typical time.
thank you
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
6 Posts
just got some 555r installed yesterday. 2016 M6 stock other than the radials.
im not sure how accurate the performance pages are. but were still shaking off winter and it was 45 degrees outside and there is still sand to be found on the streets. but that wont stop me!

these tires are drastically better. cant wait to get them to the track, or at least a warm summer day!

Attachments

· Registered
1 Posts
ive never seen a M6 get below 12......most are beginners and they get 12.5-13+--one got 14's
ive never seem a A8 w/ stock tires at the track
My wifes 1957 T Bird-stroked 351 Windsor-418c.i. AFR heads, Holly 750 Vac.secondary. 11/1 comp., Roller/roller constantly turns 12.6 with stock Goodyears, 28lbs press., , built C4 trany reverse shift and B&M Pro Ratchet---Probably might dyno at no more than 430 H.P. . My '71 Boss Mustang, 11-1 comp. Q code, headers, Holly 780 , cam, top loader, Mickies, 330 hp advertised---maybe 410 hp. 1/4 mil. runs top time is 11.95. AND your's is advertised at 707 H.P.? Give me a break.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
35 Posts
I have a personal best of 11.47 on a poorly prepared track 7/14/19. On my 16' A8, sunroof (added weight), with 93 pump gas, 110% stock with no weight loss other than empty washer fluid reservoir, 1/3 full fuel tank and about 18-20psi factory tires

· Registered
2021 Charger Redeye
167 Posts
Thanks man I was blown away! That 10.8 pass was my dad's first pass ever in the car
When my dad test drove my hellcat he had smiles up n down his face like crazy constantly throttling the car n laying off it was priceless wish I recorded it his exact words were “who the hell would want a scatpack this car is so much fun” my brother has a 392 durango and is ordering the new hellcat ASAP

· Registered
4 Posts
Seen a stock charger go 11.1 with 18psi stock tires. typically 1210 to 1170s with stock tire pressure with lots of wheel spin and 1160s to 1130s with 18psi. But those are the average. 11.10s 11.00s are capable on a track that's prepped well with a good 60ft. Weather conditions, driver and track prep play a key role getting those times. A8.
I thought I was the only person with a 87 Grand National and a 2016 Charger Hellcat in my garage 👍

· Registered
29 Posts

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,296 Posts
Love that Limited. Looks like one I saw for sale in Ohio a few years ago. One of my T’s is a cornering lamp car too.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive design

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

WE2 black out
Turbo T Limited
Dad cut this one up
In the early 90s
8.83 ET
was the Fastest Stock Suspension
Single Turbo Buick
On 10.5” tire
No tub.
In the world for some time.

· Registered
29 Posts
View attachment 611907
View attachment 611909
WE2 black out
Turbo T Limited
Dad cut this one up
In the early 90s
8.83 ET
was the Fastest Stock Suspension
Single Turbo Buick
On 10.5” tire
No tub.
In the world for some time.
I remember seeing that car at the GSCA Nats in the 90’s. It was LOUD. It’s still around from what I heard on one of the Turbo Buick pages. Here’s my other one back in the day.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

· Administrator
Challenger SRT Hellcat
8,096 Posts
Well it looks like I'm in good company here.
'86 GN , '86 T-Type and an smashed '87 T limited with Landau top, coach lights , cornering lights as well as the pillow top leather buckets with the little console and column shift for parts over here.
I wish I could save that one.
Of course my HC too.😉

· Registered
29 Posts
Well it looks like I'm in good company here.
'86 GN , '86 T-Type and an smashed '87 T limited with Landau top, coach lights , cornering lights as well as the pillow top leather buckets with the little console and column shift for parts over here.
I wish I could save that one.
Of course my HC too.😉
You still have those TR’s now?

· Administrator
Challenger SRT Hellcat
8,096 Posts
You still have those TR’s now?
Yes I do. The GN is a 42k mile T-top car.
The 86 T has been modified. I should get it out to the track this year. Maybe low 11's if really lucky I can coach a ten out of it.
One can dream.😂

· Registered
4 Posts
I remember seeing that car at the GSCA Nats in the 90’s. It was LOUD. It’s still around from what I heard on one of the Turbo Buick pages. Here’s my other one back in the day. View attachment 611912
87 Grand National 11.66 @ 116 mph
2016 Black on Black Hellcat just picked up Nov.
86 Buick Regal Limited trying to sell to pay for Hellcat🤣

Attachments

41 - 59 of 59 Posts