SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to run race fuel and was wondering what everyone uses that is safe. Anyone use racefuel on a stock hellcat with no issues?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
6,895 Posts
You mean leaded race fuel?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Woulded leaded fuel with a cat delete be worth working towards? Just ordered stainless works mid pipes. Just looking for a little power additive for the track and people have told me to stay away from boostane

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
316 Posts
I always run 100 unleaded race gas. We only have 91 octane here, so with 100 on a stock engine and tune it does work better. I have logged it many times and with the 100 their is NO short term knock retard. 91 pulls 3.5 to 5 degrees timing because of STKR. I picked up 1 to 2 tenths with the 100. I went with a OST DYNO tune on 100 and went from 11.00 @ 127 to 10.43 @ 133.7 .

·
Registered
143 Posts
Agreed as MS100 was what got me my 10.99 @ 126mph in the Charger vs. the 91 pump gas

Reactions: onewidecat1

·
Super Moderator
Charger SRT Hellcat
7,134 Posts
My husband @Top Cat would add a couple of gallons of MS109 which is unleaded to 1/2 of tank of gas when my HC was stock.
After the add I would go out in the empty pit area and do a couple of figure 8s to assure it was mixed together.
He did this when it was hot out and he said it was to keep the engine safe. It does have a cooling effect.
It is also correct that adding too much race fuel could slow your HC down without a tune.

Linda :)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,137 Posts
I always run 100 unleaded race gas. We only have 91 octane here, so with 100 on a stock engine and tune it does work better. I have logged it many times and with the 100 their is NO short term knock retard. 91 pulls 3.5 to 5 degrees timing because of STKR. I picked up 1 to 2 tenths with the 100. I went with a OST DYNO tune on 100 and went from 11.00 @ 127 to 10.43 @ 133.7 .
Interesting! Around my area, most gas stations that sell premium unleaded are 91 octane....but there are a few that sell premium with 92 or 93 octane. I wonder if 93 would improve/lessen STKR as well as 100 octane does on a stock non-tuned car?

·
Administrator
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,275 Posts
It appears some context should be taken into account here.
Oilburner is correct. Too much octane will slow you down. Linda's method is likely what most do.
Tucothelegend is also correct as he mentioned with a tune. Which would account for the race fuel.
I have started to use VP Octanium unleaded to get my fuel to about 96.
I tried ms109 but due to the cost I would have to quit going to the track. LOL
Usually I run straight 94 pump but I am not a fan as it appears the E content can be all over the place. As in more than the 10% advertised.
Using 91 without ethanol and and the VP my car runs as good as any combo I have tried at the track. Actually I am sure it runs better than the pump 94 most times.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
175 Posts
It appears some context should be taken into account here.
Oilburner is correct. Too much octane will slow you down. Linda's method is likely what most do.
Tucothelegend is also correct as he mentioned with a tune. Which would account for the race fuel.
I have started to use VP Octanium unleaded to get my fuel to about 96.
I tried ms109 but due to the cost I would have to quit going to the track. LOL
Usually I run straight 94 pump but I am not a fan as it appears the E content can be all over the place. As in more than the 10% advertised.
Using 91 without ethanol and and the VP my car runs as good as any combo I have tried at the track. Actually I am sure it runs better than the pump 94 most times.
Is that Petrocan Ultra 94 you use out there, Jim? I was always a Shell Gold 91 user in all my sleds/quads due to the zero ethanol, but a couple of local guys have suggested I run the (ethanol enriched) Ultra 94. (I'm bone stock, no tune, no nothing, LOL)

·
Administrator
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,275 Posts
Is that Petrocan Ultra 94 you use out there, Jim? I was always a Shell Gold 91 user in all my sleds/quads due to the zero ethanol, but a couple of local guys have suggested I run the (ethanol enriched) Ultra 94. (I'm bone stock, no tune, no nothing, LOL)
Yes it is the PC 94. I always use 91 Shell or Esso on everything else. Due to having no ethanol.
In trying to do research on the Petro Can, I found some have tested as high as 30% E and a bunch in between that and the 10% or 15% it is supposed to be. Also in some areas they can use octane boosters to achieve the 94. I removed my exhaust in Oct 2017 and everything was orange. Looked to me like they use octane booster instead of a high ethanol content to achieve 94 in the winter blend. Although I don't have any proof myself. My car is way more consistent week to week on 91 and the VP vs running straight 94 PC.
Now if only I could consistently read data logs. ?‍♂

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5 Posts
I'm looking to run race fuel and was wondering what everyone uses that is safe. Anyone use racefuel on a stock hellcat with no issues?
I run Sunoco unleaded 98 all the time. Granted I only put about 600 miles a year on it, but IRP sells it in bulk and the track is 4 miles away. It stutters a bit on starting... but it smells soooo good!

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I run Sunoco unleaded 98 all the time. Granted I only put about 600 miles a year on it, but IRP sells it in bulk and the track is 4 miles away. It stutters a bit on starting... but it smells soooo good!
I feel ya....to everyone else they wonder what that stink is, but to a motor head race fuel vapors are like the sweetest perfume! Now VHT, that's more of an acquired taste...smell...whatever! :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thats awesome! Im trying to dip into the 10s myself. What 100 unleaded gas do you use sunoco vp?

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
316 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
49 Posts
I mix MS109 with pump 93 (roughly 97-100 octane) when it's really hot at the track.

I do this to help prevent STKR and keep the computer from dialing out timing.

Doing this helped me to run 10.7's in my stock '16 HC...in the Louisiana heat.

Reactions: Tucothelegend

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
134 Posts
We have 94 Pump in BC - no ethanol content - its pretty good stuff I run in the Cat, my Truck (6.2L) and was run in my girls 2.0T Malibu. The shell 91 would regularly knock in the Malibu and the truck (you could hear it ping)- the 94 - zero knock (just don’t buy it at a station that barely sells any).

When I get my Redeye- I will be running 94 Chevron and a mix of 100 unleaded from my Motocross Dealer to get an octane of around 96-97- if it kills a degree of KR- I’ll be happy. But 96 or 97 octane certainly won’t hurt these cars performance on a stock tune....maybe 109 would ..but I’d say 96-98 is a sweet spot.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I run 100 pump fuel--no question it makes a difference--juts watch your onboard dyno.. I have had 1 HellCat and two Redeyes--big difference!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts