1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a pic of a stock exhaust for a 2017
The stock exhaust on my 2017, however, looks like this
Was there an option for a different exhaust from the factory?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's weird, MDS isnt a player, I would have though it would be the other way around, bullet style for the stick and muffler for the auto.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
125 Posts
I think top is 392 exhaust, bottom is 6.2 exhaust, that’s what I gather as I am searching for a stock exhaust as well

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
11 Posts
Strange. My M6 midpipe looks like the bottom. Has the part number: 05147024AA stamped on it, which the google machine tells me is an A8 part.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
5,823 Posts
Top is a six speed car
Agree.

The Hellcat M6 got the quiet oval mufflers and the A8 got the louder bottle mufflers, backwards from what you would think and what Dodge had done in the past with the R/T.

The SRT 392 and Scat Pack 392 use the top oval muffler system as well regardless of transmission.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It doesn't make any sense to me, MDS used to be the difference when I first bought my old R/T. Anyway I would guess by just doing the Blastin Bob's resonator delete ($130) the bottle muffler system will sound nice. I've seen a couple vids on youtube, but thought some sounded good and other didn't sound much different, this might be the reason....

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
60 Posts
Agree.

The Hellcat M6 got the quiet oval mufflers and the A8 got the louder bottle mufflers, backwards from what you would think and what Dodge had done in the past with the R/T.

The SRT 392 and Scat Pack 392 use the top oval muffler system as well regardless of transmission.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
My wife has an 18 Scat Pack Charger and it had the bottom exhaust. We cut the mid mufflers out for Race Bullets.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
726 Posts
My 15 hc a8 has the bullets #2 pic, as do all A8 models I have seen.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
702 Posts
Top is definitely 6M Challenger Hellcat

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,006 Posts
I have a 6mt widebody and mine has the bottom exhaust.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,006 Posts
That may be why I’ve noticed my Challenger is a helluva lot louder than my Charger. I could hear the SC whine real easy inside the Charger. In the Challenger the SC whine is very faint because the exhaust is so loud.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
19 Posts
I was just about to ask the same question. I have the big mid mufflers on my A8 sold new in Sweden. Can it be that they adapt them for different markets? I picked this car up by the dealer but they have touched it. The welds doesn’t look factory made, it says Dynomax on the mufflers?
Anyone know?

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,006 Posts
I was just about to ask the same question. I have the big mid mufflers on my A8 sold new in Sweden. Can it be that they adapt them for different markets? I picked this car up by the dealer but they have touched it. The welds doesn’t look factory made, it says Dynomax on the mufflers?
Anyone know?
View attachment 552841
Wow, dynomax mufflers on a showroom floor new vehicle? Interesting.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
1,534 Posts
Anyone know?
View attachment 552841
Id bet $$$ those are not stock and were welded in by someone, but WHY. Maybe they OEM mufflers were somehow damaged in transit? Maybe those are to meet noise restrictions?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts