SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Guys,

i have a problem with a pretty strange beeping sound since i started my (2016) Hellcat some minutes ago...

Maybe someone knows what this is about or what it causes!?

The sound is generated from the high range speaker (behind) the driver seat below the window.

The sound stops only when I open the door (after i switched the car off).

I can interrupt the tone when I switch i.e. from Radio to Media or when I switch from AM to FM (Radio) for just a second.

Does anybody know this!?

@Update:
Maybe it has something to do that someone drove close by me when i was reversing out of my parking position...!? That was just around the same time, but i´m not definitely sure.

The sound is a steady high frequent “beep”-tone…

Thanks for any advices!

Regards

Seggel

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
49 Posts
Perhaps it's the blind spot monitoring tone. There is a setting in UConnect to have an audible tone in addition to the lights in the mirrors.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, thanks so far, i´ll check that out, but i assume that this can´t be it, because the tone was the whole drive in steady height until i did something as above written (opening door or switching Radio/Media than there was a 1 sec. interruption after the tone continued like before)...

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
785 Posts
Could be a capacitor failing in the amplifier on that channel.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Guys,

the problem was gone when i started the car yesterday in the evening... :)
So i think it was an error of the park distance audible alert which was stuck (because of the close crossing car yesterday).

Keep cruisin` and thanks for yours support!
:)

·
HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,803 Posts
Dang.
And I was going to try and come up with a "Plethora" (my fancy word of the day) of ideas for you to check on.
Happy it's gone. Unknown noises can drive you nuts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts