SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Redeye Super Stock
475 Posts
What’s the best street and drag tire I can get to hook up on my car with 1000hp?
You can’t get any that will work! Your best bet is to sale me the 1000hp car really cheap, and I will worry about the tires then to save you the trouble OP...

·
Registered
2020 SRT SUPER STOCK HELLRAISIN
3,665 Posts
What’s the best street and drag tire I can get to hook up on my car with 1000hp?
If you want a true dual purpose tire I would do a Carlyle rear brake conversion and then run a 315/60R15 Mickey Thompson ET STREET R

If you want a cheater tire that is for racing only but has the DOT on the sidewall you could run the Mickey Thompson Radial Pro in that same size or run the Hoosier DOT Drag radial in that same size 17319DR2 But both these tires are not for the street supposedly.

·
Registered
2021 Durango Hellcat
5,807 Posts
Mickey Thompson ET Street R if you need the best traction, second choice would be the Nitto 555R2. The Mickey is the best of the best though.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
163 Posts
What ^ said. At those power levels you're beyond what the MT Street SS can do and your next step up is the MT R's. Hopefully it's not a daily driver because the R's are not rain friendly at all and they will wear out very fast. They'll suit you just fine if your car is a garage queen that comes out every now and then to bruise some ego's.

Their part of my drag pack and I can literally floor it off the starting line with no tire spin.

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat
6 Posts
One of the best brands to check out for high-performance tires will be Mickey Thompson. You can consider getting one of the Toyo Tire Proxes series as well. Reading reviews about these tires online will give you an idea of what you're getting into.

·
Registered
2021 Durango Hellcat
5,807 Posts
One of the best brands to check out for high-performance tires will be Mickey Thompson. You can consider getting one of the Toyo Tire Proxes series as well. Reading reviews about these tires online will give you an idea of what you're getting into.
The Toyo R888Rs would be way behind the Mickey Thompson ET Street Rs and even behind the Nitto 555R2.

Reactions: Jaden Young

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,955 Posts
I have to agree with the above posts... 1000HP and a good street tire is a square peg in a round hole. The two just don't go together... so your choices are to favor traction over street ability.or the other way around. If you only bring the car out on sunny days go with traction... if you drive on days it may rain go the other way... then the MT SS will probably be best. Doing the brake conversion and going with the 15" wheel with the MT SS is probably your best compromise.

Reactions: Chancey

·
Registered
18 Charger Hellcat
196 Posts
ET-R's but you may want to also consider pulling a little power down low.

·
Registered
2021 Ram TRX
11 Posts
I put Nitto 555R on my Shelby. BIG difference and they are street legal. I drive my truck when it’s raining. They do have tread to Chanel water but not much. I have been caught in the rain and no problem, just drove slow.

·
Registered
Challenger Redeye Widebody
55 Posts
I bought a 700 horsepower supercharged Camaro that was my daily and it had the Nitto Drag Radials on it and I drove it in all kinds of rainy conditions here in Florida and never had an issue so that's what I will be going with on the Redeye. If I can find some rear wheels for a deal I will do that too and that way I could keep the stock set up for road trips

1 - 14 of 14 Posts