SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Street Mode = Sadness Mode ... how to force default to change???

21K views 52 replies 22 participants last post by  630 
#1 ·
So I never drive in street mode unless I forget to change to sport or track. I hate it. I want to burn rubber freely at any given moment. Take today for instance. Burned a whole bunch of rubber for some people. Then I go and swap tires and they wanted a burnout. So I start up my car and proceed. Get a squeal and then nothing. Wtf. Try again. Similar result. I finally just gave up totally confused. 5 minutes later as I'm driving home I realize.... goddamned street mode. The ultimate blonde moment.

Turned it off and lit up the tires put of frustration. Lol

Is there no way to change the default settings permanently???!!

#2 ·
In for answers. I was wondering the same thing.

#3 ·
I think it's intended to start in default, for 'safety', and then, if the driver wants more, they must select a different option to untame the beast. What's weird, is sometimes when I start mine, the default mode is in full power setting but other times it is in 500hp mode, with no apparent reason, just random!

Reactions: chuck
#7 ·
So I never drive in street mode unless I forget to change to sport or track. I hate it. I want to burn rubber freely at any given moment. Take today for instance. Burned a whole bunch of rubber for some people. Then I go and swap tires and they wanted a burnout. So I start up my car and proceed. Get a squeal and then nothing. Wtf. Try again. Similar result. I finally just gave up totally confused. 5 minutes later as I'm driving home I realize.... goddamned street mode. The ultimate blonde moment.

Turned it off and lit up the tires put of frustration. Lol

Is there no way to change the default settings permanently???!!
In default mode whatever I set it sticks there even when I turn off and on.

#18 ·
So I do have my own custom mode but I wasn't aware that you push the SRT button twice and it goes to your custom. However that still requires me to do something. I wish to get in my car, do nothing, and be the destroyer of worlds. I forget to push buttons and stuff. Lol

My fiance is the most brilliant man I have ever met. Too smart perhaps....

#20 ·
When I set my default, it stays after I shut the car off. So on startup, my default is whatever I set it to. For me that is 707, sport suspension, and street traction so I can actually get the car moving as fast as possible with minimal tire spin. And it's set to that everytime Unless I change it.

Reactions: hellcat1
#21 ·
I don't know what the big deal is...it's like Pavlov, I get in the HC, start, press the SRT button, buckle the belt, press custom button..Oh, that's really hard..whine:p...done deal.
Hey, if you have to give the keys in an emergency, do you really want them to drive in track mode.....like his dogs, is that really that hard.....

Just me...

#39 ·
My apologies. I misspoke, I only have the ability to change engine output and suspension in default. I don't have access to my traction settings. I roll in street otherwise I have zero traction when launching on the stock pirelli summers. So I guess to get to sport traction quickly you can either set it in your custom and hit the SRT button twice after startup.. or you can just hit traction control off button once and it goes into sport mode. Hit it again and you are in track traction mode.

#43 ·
Yea I had to go out to my car and look at it after reading this thread. Although I only have 3 sections in my menu, the suspension and power are the only customizable sections of the default setting. No traction.

Reactions: JeKo
#52 ·
^^^exactly...even if you're in track mode and the TC light is illuminated...you still have some Traction Control on...you need to hold down the TC button for 3-5 seconds for it to turn fully off (and it still won't tell you "oh btw you have now actually turned TC fully off")...the only current workaround is to buy something like the Tazer and leave it plugged in the OBDII port...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.