SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The goal is a 10 second pass.
I would even take a 10.99 I was at the track yesterday and I ran 4 times and the best time I got was a 11.2
I have a 19 widebody hellcat, It has a Demon 3.09 Gears, Demon killer springs, Legmaker Intake and Borla Exhaust
Im running OEM Demon 18x11 Rims with a Hoosier 325/45/18 and stock rims upfront. Tires had 17 psi
When I launched the car the car hooked like an animal, but at the very top of first gear I had a little wheel hop, I thought it was weird and thought it could be the prep
Car had a 1.6 60 foot and just barley trapped at 124.01
Only thing I can think about is maybe getting a smaller tire like a 305/45/18 to bring the height down or get skinnies and a 1 piece drive shaft
Im looking to stick with stock power, if you guys have any input or ideas at all please let me know! Looking for 10s this season

Registered
In The Market
I would suggest you practice more. Forget launch control, forget the light (it's practice who cares about reaction times atm). Do a nice burnout, say ten secs to warm up those tires (get to learn how to use the line locks). Get on the brake, hold car starting at say 1500 rpm, release brake then roll into throttle and you should be in the tens easy.

Once you get this down you can then start increasing the rpm on the brake and work on your reaction times.

I run 10.7s on my stock cat on the brake coming off at 2200.

(edited out red-eye part 馃槻)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hate to say this but unless your running in 100' temps and 100% humidity, or your car has something wrong with the engine, it's you and not the cat.
Red-eye on drag radials should easily run in high tens, normal time should be in mid tens, perfect conditions perfect run should be in 10.3 range.

I would suggest you practice more. Forget launch control, forget the light (it's practice who cares about reaction times atm). Do a nice burnout, say ten secs to warm up those tires (get to learn how to use the line locks). Get on the brake, hold car starting at say 1500 rpm, release brake then roll into throttle and you should be in the tens easy.

Once you get this down you can then start increasing the rpm on the brake and work on your reaction times.

I run 10.7s on my stock cat on the brake coming off at 2200.
I should of clarified, its not a redeye its a regular car with 717. I was leaving around 2100 rpm

Registered
In The Market
Sorry don't know why I thought it was a red-eye, was reading another post on a red-eye and I guess it stuck in my head, that being said since your non red you're more susceptible to temps to get in 10 sec range and heat soaking.

That being said your car is far from stock and In good da you should be in the tens easily. You just need to practice launching your car, again I would start at 1500 then once you get the hang of if and are consistent you can increase and subsequently decrease your times.

May want to say where your at, if your in say Denver then that's a whole nother situation.

(Will correct my first post)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey man all good, Yea im am for sure going to practice more and more. Thanks for the Input aswell! Also I was in New Jersey Island Dragway

Registered
2016 Bright White Challenger
weight reduction is your only recourse for a better time, you're not gonna pick up 2 tenths from driving ability increasing, but you will if you take that 75lb passenger seat out, that 18lb harmon kardon sub and that 60lb rear seat.

bet $100 with that recipe and whatever you were doing before you'd get 10s. air down tires to 12psi and leave in street mode for weight transfer. track mode for trans. and dont use launch leave off brake at like 1800 rpm and decrease a few hundred rpm if you spin a bit.

lemme know!!!

Registered
In The Market
Am in Delaware so we had about the same weather this past weekend and was consistently running 10.7s low 10.8s, though on the runs where I spun a little it was 11.0, 11.1.

So your right their and your cat is more than capable, by your mods I'd think consistent low 10.6 10.5 times should be your range. Again that's right now in these temps, as it get warmer add 3 or 4 tenths to that.

You should head over to Cecil county this Saturday, fast track and only $50 for t+t.

Registered
In The Market
weight reduction is your only recourse for a better time, you're not gonna pick up 2 tenths from driving ability increasing
Definitely Not True all the mods in the world won't make one bit if difference if you can't drive your car properly.

That being said you failed to mention if you had an a8 or m6 transmission, if it's the latter then you are doing very well and just need a little more practice.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Am in Delaware so we had about the same weather this past weekend and was consistently running 10.7s low 10.8s, though on the runs where I spun a little it was 11.0, 11.1.

So your right their and your cat is more than capable, by your mods I'd think consistent low 10.6 10.5 times should be your range. Again that's right now in these temps, as it get warmer add 3 or 4 tenths to that.

You should head over to Cecil county this Saturday, fast track and only $50 for t+t.
Id love to do it but Im 6 hours away I live in long island. i def have to take advantage of the weather now aswell dont want it getting to hot.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Definitely Not True all the mods in the world won't make one bit if difference if you can't drive your car properly.

That being said you failed to mention if you had an a8 or m6 transmission, if it's the latter then you are doing very well and just need a little more practice.
Also im a A8

Registered
In The Market
Id love to do it but Im 6 hours away I live in long island. i def have to take advantage of the weather now aswell dont want it getting to hot.
Ah damn shame ya that is to far to go.

Anyway it just takes practice, try to forget about the guy next to you for now and focus on what your doing you'll get there. You Definitely have the car to run 10.6s.

Here's my one of my runs from Saturday, again completely stock except for 18x6 Skinnies MT sr up front at 65lbs and 17x10 MT ETRs on the rear at 20lbs.

20210419_140050.jpg

Registered
18 Charger Hellcat
Hey man all good, Yea im am for sure going to practice more and more. Thanks for the Input aswell! Also I was in New Jersey Island Dragway
Island is my home track and I'm there a good amount of times until the hotter weather arrives. I've ran there twice so far since they opened up 2 weeks ago.

Their prep isn't always the greatest but seems better this season. I usually like to run on the weekend for events since the prep is usually better. T&T/Gamblers Race just has too many cars running street tires laying down hot garbage rubber.

Where you there this past weekend? If you catch the cooler weather its usually negative DA (usually a few hundred).

What are you settings when you run?

Trans = Track
Susp = Street
Traction = Sport

With the 3.09s the 315/50/17 is the size you want (overall height is 29.4"). I run the next size smaller since I am on the 2.62's. I start at 20psi. I have gone as low as 17psi with the MT's.

You are launching way to high at 2100rpms for this track and in general. At Island my first run Ill go off idle and adjust from there depending if Im hooking or not. My full weight Charger on 93 (only rears) cuts 1.55 off about 1k launch at Island and that is without me being aggressive.

2 weeks ago my buddy just went [email protected] on a Incognito, LMI, and mids, 93 pump, and 20" MT SS. It was his 2nd time drag racing. He also cut a 1.57 60ft with the 20's. I had him launch at 1200/1300.

If your local we can always meet up and I can give you some tips and rundowns.

Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
Another Long Island guy! I鈥檓 on LI also. Used to go to Englishtown since it was the closest track, next best IMO is ATCO. I鈥檝e been to Island a couple of times, wasn鈥檛 a huge fan but hey, maybe they鈥檝e improved since I鈥檝e been there.

Registered

how anyone could be the culprit behind a bad 1/4 mile time when all they need to do is figure out what rpm to launch at, and hit the pedal and hold the wheel straight is confusing to me. I figured you could've told by my input that OP clearly has an auto car, otherwise if it was a stick car I would've probably based my advice around that, dontcha think...?

Registered
2017 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Is the tire size what鈥檚 keeping the speed down? 124 seems a good 3 mph lower than I鈥檇 expect for an 11.2 run.

Registered
18 Charger Hellcat
Is the tire size what鈥檚 keeping the speed down? 124 seems a good 3 mph lower than I鈥檇 expect for an 11.2 run.
Not at this track. We get shit DA. Stock hellcats usually trap around 123/124. Stock Trackhawks usually around 115/117.

Administrator
Challenger SRT Hellcat
You are leaving at too high rpm.
I leave around 1000 and go.
The settings mentioned earlier are the same I use.
Practice and try different things to see what works for you.
I usually have about 20-22 psi in my tires.
You should be able to get the 60' down to mid 1.5x's and you will get your 10.
Track prep will be the biggest factor.
When learning I would roll in the throttle so I was on the floor by the first shift or just after.
Then adjust from there.

Registered
In The Market
how anyone could be the culprit behind a bad 1/4 mile time when all they need to do is figure out what rpm to launch at, and hit the pedal and hold the wheel straight is confusing to me.
The driver doesn't make a difference in how fast a car runs on the track???
LOL that's literally the dumbest thing I've ever read.

Registered
The driver doesn't make a difference in how fast a car runs on the track???
LOL that's literally the dumbest thing I've ever read.
I meant more along the lines of you thinking someone could driver mod an auto, and cut 2 tenths off doing so...

He's .100 sec from a decent 60', but still .100 from 10.999 at that point. He's trapping 124mph which is no where near fast enough for 10's with that theoretical 60' goal, BECAUSE he's heavy. No amount of good driving is gonna make him lighter (unless he somehow cuts weight off himself...)

Maybe if you swapped the situation with a stick car, and got a pass with a bad driver then swapped to a decent one would you reply be relevant, but in no way could OP cut a better time doing anything different besides tinkering with the car if it has vikings or something, making more power, cutting weight, or adjusting RPM height at launch.

Calling yourself a "Driver" when the car drives itself after 50mph is laughable.

Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
I have a 2015 stock HC on the stock Pzero's I went a 11.2 @ 129.04. I added MT 305-35-20 SS drag radials 3.09's & CF Driveshaft and went 10.75 @ 129.06. (Both stock tunes) I agreed with a few posts I don't know how you can launch anything over 1200. If I tried 2100 or 2200 RPM I couldn't hold the car. The engine would overpower the brakes. I even have a video leaving against a Mustang and the car skids the front tires as I bring the RPMs up and release the brakes. One thing I will say these cars really like good DA so if it is cool dry air these cars wake up. Listen to what MoparJim... that is good advice. I run my MT at 22 PSI. The soft tires may help you leave but likely hurt MPH on the big end. Good Luck.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts