SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
HOTM Winner
Charger SRT Hellcat
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had the stainless works catless mid pipes on the car for about 5 months now almost. Started throwing a code but it would clear itself. Now I have a new P2096 code and I’m wondering if it’s safe to drive the car with no tune. Redundant question I presume but need to make sure

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,224 Posts
Safe to drive with no cats and no tune, just have to deal with the service engine light due to the secondary O2 sensors not passing emissions.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
13 Posts
Blkout: having Vibrant 1794s installed soon, in place of the mid-mufflers; anything to worry about as far as codes, etc.? My car is all stock, for now; waiting on Bwoody CAI to arrive. Thank you!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
132 Posts
Blkout: having Vibrant 1794s installed soon, in place of the mid-mufflers; anything to worry about as far as codes, etc.? My car is all stock, for now; waiting on Bwoody CAI to arrive. Thank you!
You’ll be completely satisfied with the Vibrants..cold starts are a little over the top...but after that it sounds like...well like understated evil...(and that’s the way I like it lol)

·
HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,034 Posts
I did 4 Vibrant 1794's and have an LMI and no codes. You'll be fine & sound like a Beast.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,224 Posts
No issues at all though and man you're going to love the sound. Give them about 2-3 weeks of break in time and you'll be pleasantly surprised at the sound those Vibrant's make. It's insane how good these cars sound with no other changes to the exhaust.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
707 Posts
I did 4 Vibrant 1794's and have an LMI and no codes. You'll be fine & sound like a Beast.
Any issues to look for when installing the 1794’s in the rear? I have them up front with the M-FER and am still wanting more sound. Did you reuse the stock tips? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
HOTM Winner
Charger SRT Hellcat
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You’ll be completely satisfied with the Vibrants..cold starts are a little over the top...but after that it sounds like...well like understated evil...(and that’s the way I like it lol)
So I am probably just going to reinstall the cats myself or have dodge help me out at the dealer. I’ll keep the mid pipes for now I guess and order the 1794s what’s the sound like?

·
HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,034 Posts
Any issues to look for when installing the 1794’s in the rear? I have them up front with the M-FER and am still wanting more sound. Did you reuse the stock tips? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I went to Iggy's in Elwood Park they did the install. I bought Akrapovic dual CF tips.
20180828_110017.jpg

·
Registered
In The Market
378 Posts
Had the stainless works catless mid pipes on the car for about 5 months now almost. Started throwing a code but it would clear itself. Now I have a new P2096 code and I’m wondering if it’s safe to drive the car with no tune. Redundant question I presume but need to make sure
You need to get the extenders for the rear 02's so it moves them out of the exhaust stream and you should not have the light

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,224 Posts
You need to get the extenders for the rear 02's so it moves them out of the exhaust stream and you should not have the light
Doesn't work for everyone, it seems to be hit or miss. I used some of those on my 2006 SRT8 and it would prevent the light from coming on for about 2-3 months at a time before it would throw the code. I would have to reset it and it would go again another 2-3 months. Based on what I've read here from others, some have had them work, some not.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts