SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Sublime A8 Challenger at MSRP in VA

6326 Views 61 Replies 23 Participants Last post by  Tannehill
Challenger Hellcat inbound to Fair Oaks Dodge in VA. MSRP + tax/title/$589 doc fee. Grab it quick, just got done communicating with them but we have decided to go another direction. Car is slated to be in on the 18th but the weather will probably delay that. Here is your chance someone!!

Sublime
A8
Laguna
Nav
Summer tires.

Call Hoyt Sabo, 703-961-9900, can tell him you just heard this from RJ
41 - 60 of 62 Posts

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,013 Posts
If your this excited and haven't even seen the car yet you might want to take an extra pair of underwear in the event you lose control of yourself when you pick it up. Congrats on the car, I hope the deal goes as expected and the car is everything you want it to be. BTW, nice color choice!
Dodge should supply a pair of depends with each new Hellcat. This way you don't have to worry about soiling the interior first time out (I kill myself). ;)

Reactions: Sublimecat

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,013 Posts
Agree doc fees are fairly high if you ask me, but I would have paid it.
The doc fees are higher than I'm used to. Not sure about VA but here the doc fees are mandatory to be consistent within a dealership... meaning everyone that buys from this dealer pays the same doc fee (avoids the dealer messing with doc fees to make more money). There is also some other tax of $100ish (some VA business license tax or something). Honestly I'm not going to quibble about doc fees. So far Hoyt has been very decent and they are selling at MSRP. No complaints here. I'm more than willing to pay the necessary doc fees.

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,013 Posts
Between the Laguna I couldn't care less about, their high doc fees, and a couple other stupid taxes between VA and/or MD the car was going to be nearly $3000 more than what I have ordered. Throw that into it not be the color the wife and I both really want I dropped out once the final prices were broken down to me. I did let Hoyt know this though, and also let him know I was going to tell others and I could almost assure him he'll sell the car by night's end! So I held both ends of a bargain!

Have to ask one thing though here: I have 4 folks ahead of me at my dealer we do a solid amount of business with and has always come through in the past but this may simply be a numbers game this time. I know there are not many B5's out there yet, and may not be many period for this year, but I'd be much obliged if anyone finds one or comes across one for MSRP that they can pass along ;) . Main requirements are A8 and black wheels and eastern U.S.A. My wife and I's jobs, and more so our young children, don't allow the luxury to spend a couple days going to get it.
You KNOW I'll have my eye out for you. I hope you find exactly what you want...

Reactions: Tannehill

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,013 Posts
Damn It! Congrats SRT_HC_707! That's the exact car I have ordered minus brass monkeys. I wish I had been online when Tannehill posted this. Oh well, HuggyTree Voodoo states more opportunities will come.

Great catch, and I'm sure glad another forum member got it.

Oh, and Happy Birthday Bro! What a great gift.
I'll keep my eye out for you. Hopefully your order materializes OR you find something on the dealer lot and the timing all works out.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Dr Buick said he is selling his first production B5 for cost + sales tax he paid
I saw that, but I'm not paying cost + tax on a used car ;) Vehicles are bad enough "investments" to begin with, I'm not going to compound it by paying over on a used vehicle.

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,039 Posts
I'll keep my eye out for you. Hopefully your order materializes OR you find something on the dealer lot and the timing all works out.
Thanks SRT_HC_707, any help from forum members is always appreciated.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,800 Posts
I saw that, but I'm not paying cost + tax on a used car ;) Vehicles are bad enough "investments" to begin with, I'm not going to compound it by paying over on a used vehicle.
yea mine is still same as msrp I paid way under and with tax its about msrp.

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,013 Posts
Probably the best birthday present you will ever get ! Congrats
No doubt in my mind. How do you top a Hellcat!!! Heck if I could have a new Ferrari or a Hellcat (forget about cost here... I"m speaking hypothetically, I can't afford no damn Ferrari anyway LOL). I'd take the Hellcat

· Banned
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,088 Posts
No doubt in my mind. How do you top a Hellcat!!! Heck if I could have a new Ferrari or a Hellcat (forget about cost here... I"m speaking hypothetically, I can't afford no damn Ferrari anyway LOL). I'd take the Hellcat
Do not agree, the best birthday present will be getting the Hellcat and Sofia Vergara giving you the red keys at the dealership :):):):)

Enjoy your beautiful car!!! Are you in VA?

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,013 Posts
Do not agree, the best birthday present will be getting the Hellcat and Sofia Vergara giving you the red keys at the dealership :):):):)

Enjoy your beautiful car!!! Are you in VA?
If you have some connections and can arrange that I'm game LOL. I think I only understand half of what she says (when I used to watch Modern Family) but that is irrelevant.

I'm in New England. It's probably a six hour drive (eight if it is a proper break in drive with stops etc). Deal is all done. Now we are coordinating arrival time of the vehicle and me... If the weather doesn't change soon I may have it shipped. I'm hoping to drive it... I only need one good day. The aweful winter weather on the east coast and summer tires has me a bit concerned but I'll figure it out.

· Banned
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,088 Posts
If you have some connections and can arrange that I'm game LOL. I think I only understand half of what she says (when I used to watch Modern Family) but that is irrelevant.

I'm in New England. It's probably a six hour drive (eight if it is a proper break in drive with stops etc). Deal is all done. Now we are coordinating arrival time of the vehicle and me... If the weather doesn't change soon I may have it shipped. I'm hoping to drive it... I only need one good day. The aweful winter weather on the east coast and summer tires has me a bit concerned but I'll figure it out.
Listen, I am from Argentina and my wife too. Moved to the great USA 13 years ago. I lost my accent a little bit but my wife didn't. And she sounds like Sofia Vergara, fast and annoying:D)
And you are right, who cares about what she says LOL
If you drive it to New England you can always stop in Maryland and show me your beautiful car !!! lmao. Argentinian BBQ obviuosly in the menu.
Enjoy and congrats!!!!!

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,013 Posts
Listen, I am from Argentina and my wife too. Moved to the great USA 13 years ago. I lost my accent a little bit but my wife didn't. And she sounds like Sofia Vergara, fast and annoying:D)
And you are right, who cares about what she says LOL
If you drive it to New England you can always stop in Maryland and show me your beautiful car !!! lmao. Argentinian BBQ obviuosly in the menu.
Enjoy and congrats!!!!!
Funny thing was when I was watching Modern Family (I like the show but don't seem to have time to watch it anymore) over the course of several shows I learned to understand her perfectly. I think she is probably doing some of the accent on purpose but the net is even if I couldn't understand a single word she said I'd still marry her if I was single LOL.

Anything is possible... Would be nice to meet you. Have to see how this plays out with timing, weather etc.

Reactions: F6F

· Pontiac Bred ................. SRT Addicted
Challenger SRT Hellcat
828 Posts
Awesome CAT match making RJ - hope you get your B5 from Cook soon !!

SRT - Enjoy that B-Day present and drive carefully (and enjoy the Argentina BBQ if you stop to visit)

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Awesome CAT match making RJ - hope you get your B5 from Cook soon !!

SRT - Enjoy that B-Day present and drive carefully (and enjoy the Argentina BBQ if you stop to visit)
Don't have mine from Cook, mines from David Dodge in Glen Mills PA where we get all ours.

Reactions: RoyG
41 - 60 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.