SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Sublime A8 Challenger at MSRP in VA

8K views 61 replies 23 participants last post by  Tannehill 
#1 ·
Challenger Hellcat inbound to Fair Oaks Dodge in VA. MSRP + tax/title/$589 doc fee. Grab it quick, just got done communicating with them but we have decided to go another direction. Car is slated to be in on the 18th but the weather will probably delay that. Here is your chance someone!!

Sublime
A8
Laguna
Nav
Summer tires.

Call Hoyt Sabo, 703-961-9900, can tell him you just heard this from RJ

#2 ·
#33 · (Edited)
No need to call Hoyt folks. I just bought this car.... Paperwork in progress

Thanks RJ. It's ironic for two reasons... First, I originally wanted Sublime but felt it was too flashy. Second, today is my birthday...
Damn It! Congrats SRT_HC_707! That's the exact car I have ordered minus brass monkeys. I wish I had been online when Tannehill posted this. Oh well, HuggyTree Voodoo states more opportunities will come.

Great catch, and I'm sure glad another forum member got it.

Oh, and Happy Birthday Bro! What a great gift.

#3 ·
No need to call Hoyt folks. I just bought this car.... Paperwork in progress

Thanks RJ. It's ironic for two reasons... First, I originally wanted Sublime but felt it was too flashy. Second, today is my birthday...

#7 ·
RJ... I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. I've got a Jazz Blue on order (see my sig). I only ordered about five or so weeks ago. I don't mind waiting for a car but I just don't have high confidence the car will ever come through at this point.

I've called dozens and dozens of dealers inquiring on available cars. Spoke with a few gentlemen/women and a lot of people that quite frankly amaze me (in a bad way). Cars are either sold or have ridiculous ADM which I'm not willing to pay (and I the people I've spoken with are holding out which I don't like but I understand).

My number one must have option was the A8..... The other options all depend on the car. There are several colors I really like. I love the retro of Sublime but thought it was too flashy for me. I like to stay under the radar. Obviously I'm over that! I also didn't order the Laguna seats (they do nothing for me but I"m OK with having them). I would actually prefer the All Season tires (I'm in the northeast) but again, I'm OK with the summer tires.

Hoyt was a gentlemen and I'm looking forward to doing the deal with him. He seems easy to work with and I'm the same way.

Thanks again. How about if I get you some Hellcat swag as a token of my appreciation? Is their a shirt, hat or something else Hellcat that you want?

#11 ·
RJ... I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. I've got a Jazz Blue on order (see my sig). I only ordered about five or so weeks ago. I don't mind waiting for a car but I just don't have high confidence the car will ever come through at this point.

I've called dozens and dozens of dealers inquiring on available cars. Spoke with a few gentlemen/women and a lot of people that quite frankly amaze me (in a bad way). Cars are either sold or have ridiculous ADM which I'm not willing to pay (and I the people I've spoken with are holding out which I don't like but I understand).

My number one must have option was the A8..... The other options all depend on the car. There are several colors I really like. I love the retro of Sublime but thought it was too flashy for me. I like to stay under the radar. Obviously I'm over that! I also didn't order the Laguna seats (they do nothing for me but I"m OK with having them). I would actually prefer the All Season tires (I'm in the northeast) but again, I'm OK with the summer tires.

Hoyt was a gentlemen and I'm looking forward to doing the deal with him. He seems easy to work with and I'm the same way.

Thanks again. How about if I get you some Hellcat swag as a token of my appreciation? Is their a shirt, hat or something else Hellcat that you want?
Thanks for the offer but just enjoy the car and I hope the deal closes out OK for you. Return the same type of favor to someone else in life some day in whatever they may want! All my communication was through email but Hoyt seemed like a straight shooter. I was surprised when he replied with MSRP being OK. In the long run though we really like B5 and the dealership we deal with so we'll take the risk of getting the order filled. I know the chance of finding one on a lot will be rare. Have fun & be safe.

Reactions: april77
#21 ·
Thanks... I just happen to peek at the forum. The post from RJ was 42 minutes old. I thought.... darn I bet I missed that opportunity. Then I said what the heck.... I called my wife first (we always do that on big purchases out of respect for each other). She said, what the heck are talking to me for.. Go call... LOL (she is a good woman). Then I called Hoyt.

#22 ·
Yes, I'm not much for presents and I don't make a big deal out of birthdays but I think I've outdone myself by a long shot here ;)

Reactions: 440 Superbee
#10 ·
i think you owe him more than a tee shirt.....maybe a HC supercharged fling at a trucker rest station(just kidding)

congrats...love to hear this stuff.....my first try was a deal just like this that i missed by a day or 2......

you will be happy with the color....the seats are really nice..i didnt want the leather either, but they are real soft and nice....the tag on the back of the passenger seat tells you about how great and high end they are....you will feel like a king on a throne in the dodge fatty version of recaros........do you agree they are made for someone 250-300lbs??? im 205 and im loose in them

#12 ·
Happy Birthday.. sometimes the best gifts are those we give ourselves (*sniff *sniff). Congratulations!

#23 ·
Roger that. Thanks HD

#25 ·
OK I'm posting so many thanks the forum thinks I'm spamming and is making me wait. I'm just going to say THANK YOU to everyone for the congrats and well wishes.

I hope the deal goes through without any hitches.

#16 ·
See, you just gotta look and jump on these deals...they are out there.

Someone needs to update their signature :) Congrats!!

#26 ·
See, you just gotta look and jump on these deals...they are out there.

Someone needs to update their signature :) Congrats!!
I jumped as fast and as high as I could LOL. I'm still jumping!

#27 ·
Congrats on your sublime!

That is very close to what I have on order, except the leather and red belts.

#41 ·
Thanks Jim!!!

#35 ·
I'm also glad a forum member snatched the car. A big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you! :)

Reactions: SRT_HC_707
#36 ·
If your this excited and haven't even seen the car yet you might want to take an extra pair of underwear in the event you lose control of yourself when you pick it up. Congrats on the car, I hope the deal goes as expected and the car is everything you want it to be. BTW, nice color choice!

Reactions: SRT_HC_707
#42 ·
Dodge should supply a pair of depends with each new Hellcat. This way you don't have to worry about soiling the interior first time out (I kill myself). ;)

Reactions: Sublimecat
#59 ·
Awesome CAT match making RJ - hope you get your B5 from Cook soon !!

SRT - Enjoy that B-Day present and drive carefully (and enjoy the Argentina BBQ if you stop to visit)

#60 ·
Don't have mine from Cook, mines from David Dodge in Glen Mills PA where we get all ours.

Reactions: RoyG
#61 ·
My bad - thought you were a Cook customer. Regardless - hope it comes soon for you. So was the Owings Mill B5 car a no-go due to brass monkeys or $ ??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.