SRT Hellcat Forum banner

summer vs all seasons

4K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  Purdey20 
#1 ·
are the summers worth the upgrade on a wide body hellcat? I know neither are great but will the summers hook up any better.

#4 ·
As stated above, there are lots of variables, especially based on weather. if you are in an area that never gets below 50 degrees or the car will be put away in cold weather, summers are the way to go. However, due to the summer tire's compound, under 50 degrees they start to turn into rocks and provide very little grip until they warm up, which takes a while. if you are in Florida or California, this is not an issue, but somewhere like the Northeast, all seasons are the way to go. Or, put a set of drag radials on the rears and you should not run into any issue with traction.

#7 ·
If they are Pirellis, they are all trash. Rid your life of them the second you get the car and get Michelin PS4S tires instead.

You are far better off not spending a cent on tires until you replace the Pirellis with tires that are actually good, and the Michelins are the best for longevity, quality, ride quiet, and tread traction from new to wear bars. They are also rated (Y) so the tires are not the upper limiting factor of your speeds.

#12 ·
I personally don't mind the summer Pirelli's, yes I'm sure there are better tires out there but for dry summer driving above 14C have had no issues, yes it gets a little loose at times. I'm also lucky enough to have an M6 and enjoy the relationship between the car and driver, to me that's the ultimate driving experience. Guess growing up driving snowmobile's and anything on dirt helps with the ability to go quick under all conditions with whatever traction is available at the time. Loose is fast!

#14 ·
With a Jailbreak on the way, i am looking to replace the standard OEM tires right away.
Living in the UP of Michigan, having to balance grip, cold weather and rain in a daily driver tire, i am looking at, among others, the Nitto Motivo 315/35/20 110Y.
The car will not be tracked.
This tire looks like a decent compromise.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.