SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Local installer recommends Suntek CP film @ 18%. Does anyone have experience with using this product? Thanks-

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
145 Posts
Suntek is a good product, i have my windows tinted with it, not as dark as you want, i think 35%. Anyway, ive had no problems with it. I also think it comes in different film grade quality from what i remember.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Suntek is a good product, i have my windows tinted with it, not as dark as you want, i think 35%. Anyway, ive had no problems with it. I also think it comes in different film grade quality from what i remember.
Thanks for the feedback...

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Appreciate the feedback...scheduled for next Tuesday the 4th for my application. Will post before & after photos...

·
Registered
112 Posts
Appreciate the feedback...scheduled for next Tuesday the 4th for my application. Will post before & after photos...
About to have my ride tinted with SunTek and stumbled across this thread. So now that it's been almost 2 years, how do you like it? And where are the pic's?:cool:

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
220 Posts
I've had Suntek ceramic on my past 5 vehicles and 3 of my wife's. I was shaky at first, but as long as your tint guy is solid, you will be good to go! I'm in SWFLA, and it gets to almost mid hundreds here, black leather interior still doesn't get very hot. I have 15% all around. Hope this helps

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
13 Posts
I have had Suntek bumper film and window tint for the past 18 months. The window tint cools the car noticeably in the hot Florida weather and the bumper film makes removing love bugs etc easy. I recommend it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I've had Suntek ceramic on my past 5 vehicles and 3 of my wife's. I was shaky at first, but as long as your tint guy is solid, you will be good to go! I'm in SWFLA, and it gets to almost mid hundreds here, black leather interior still doesn't get very hot. I have 15% all around. Hope this helps
Thanks for the reply!
Ironically, the best tint shop i found (highly rated & recommended by local car clubs, forum members, etc.) uses only SunTek....but I've read nothing but NEGATIVE reviews on SunTek on EVERY Tint Forum! They call it "SukTek." According to what I've read, the reasons range from fading, the carbon turning purple within a year, the ceramic becoming hazy and delaminating & bubbling, etc. That's why I'm hesitant about the ST Tint, but totally confident with installer. But good to know you've had good experience....you're the first! 😆

Here's an example of a typical post from a Tint Forum...

"No way I’d pay $350 for even their highest line! Suntek IMOP is absolute junk! Find a shop even if it’s a little drive that offers any other brand. The haze alone from suntek makes me wanna vomit and the scratch coat is the worst we’ve ever seen! If you can get passed those issues. If and when you have a failure good luck getting it warrantied."

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
220 Posts
There you go, and if you count the number of cars between us both, you'd have 10 =)
Its always easier for people to write a negative review than a positive one. I try to help people when I've had either type of experience so that they may enjoy or know potential pitfalls, hedging risk.
That being said, im in Finance, and my wife calls me deal finder consultant. I don't know who's paying 350 for suntek, but I've never paid more than 170 for my chargers. And thats with their "top of the line" lolol. I may be lucky 7 times over , im ok with that 👌

·
Registered
112 Posts
There you go, and if you count the number of cars between us both, you'd have 10 =)
Its always easier for people to write a negative review than a positive one. I try to help people when I've had either type of experience so that they may enjoy or know potential pitfalls, hedging risk.
That being said, im in Finance, and my wife calls me deal finder consultant. I don't know who's paying 350 for suntek, but I've never paid more than 170 for my chargers. And thats with their "top of the line" lolol. I may be lucky 7 times over , im ok with that 👌
I hear ya! You'll always find negative reviews regardless of the product. But as I said, with ST it's 99.999% negative....which makes me nervous. So now I have a choice....ST CXP or CIR with top notch installer....
OR Llumar ATC with another installer (also good).

Re: your pricing, it could be geographic. I've got a bunch of quotes from different installers and they range from $295-325 (all windows on Charger except front windshield) for the ST & Llumar....to $575-$850 for X-Pel Prime XR & Prime XR Plus. $50 extra for windshield tint strip (ST & Llumar), $75 XPel.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
220 Posts
He's still getting the labor cash, only thing that would make it more expensive if buying power, depending on his supply chain management

·
Registered
112 Posts
He's still getting the labor cash, only thing that would make it more expensive if buying power, depending on his supply chain management
Thanks, I'll look into it! Ironically, installer, who's been tinting for 30+ yrs, told me he used to use Llumar but switched to ST about 6 yrs ago. He said ST is more color stable and has had better experience with it and very few issues. Exactly opposite of everything I've been reading. Given his experience & reputation, I have to believe it has some credibility.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
220 Posts
Yea, for sure. My installer said that he likes it because its more forgiving and easier to work with, so it creates less bubbling issues when installed.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts