SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Super Stock… Supply and Demand// Price Increases

4931 106
Well Folks!
As expected, the low-supply is triggering the demand. my dealer just called and offering me $100k for my SS, according to them... they have a secure client that needs it.
Seems like they are calculating the offer based off of the MSRP + taxes fee I spent... interesting but my baby-girl is not for sale, However $110k might do the trick LOL.
I am not asking y'all to make a decision for me but What would you do in this situation?
Placed02/01-Confirmed02/04-Scheduled06/17-In Production08/03-Built08/22-ShippedUnknown-Delivered09/05-In my garage09/07
MRSP $95,500- As of today 375 Miles

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
2022 Super Stock
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All depends on how much you like the car of If you need to unload it. Heck, a new one stickers at $100K if it has any options. I don’t think the SuperStock will be as valuable as the Demon but it will be a unique and low production car.

Maybe they give you $110K for yours and get you a 2023 coming when the ordering banks open up.

Will be interesting to see how many of the SS end up being made total.

D.
My dilemma is 2023 MY appears uncertain/gray area. like you stated if they give me $110k I might let it go.

· Registered
2022 Super Stock
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If I'm not making a chunk of change, not interested... especially with one of these cars that you basically cannot get again. That is unless you want to get rid of the car for whatever reason.

I'm assuming you had paid MSRP? If so, the dealer is going to flip the car for a quick buck and you're left with nothing in return. No deal.
Your line of thought is very LOGICAL. .. I purchased my SS at MSRP and so far I m not interesting in their offer at all.

· Registered
2022 Super Stock
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I would probably want a known allocation lock up on a 23 before I would sell. There may be opportunities to make a buck yourself and move up to MY23. TRX guys have had the best opportunity to do it. To gamble that I'd be without a car I'd need a big premium.
True... very true!!!

· Registered
2022 Super Stock
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Up to you but what are you going to replace it with? Just bought my 21 as I was not going to trust the 23 "lottery" as if and when I would actually get a car built.
I am emotionally attached to my SS to let it go... you said it all "I was not going to trust the 23 "lottery"

· Registered
2022 Super Stock
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
i would have to agree with furious. make sure he locks you into a 23 allocation first. msrp or less again? get it in writing from him.
then ask away on your price. funny the wording the dealer said to you. a secure client that needs it. nobody needs a car that expensive. he wants it!
i think you’re in the driver seat on this. if the guy balks, we’ll then you still have your ss.
Good perspective and great point you got there...

· Registered
2022 Super Stock
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I have setup a mandatory rule for myself (like a fundamental principle of car value): every car that cost me $100k+ (not including TTL) need to be a luxury brand.

In the future taking into inflation into consideration, I may increase that limit but $100k is the number for me at this moment.
I am a sucker for principle and 2023MY will be over $100k for the same car. I will definitely take your rule under advisement.

· Registered
2022 Super Stock
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
How is this even a question? You've driven the car less than 400 miles. If you're looking to invest actually invest in things that will make you real money. Either drive the damn car or sell it.

I also believe this has less to do with it being a SS than just a hellcat in general. Lots of people are getting calls to sell their fairly new cars back to dealerships for more than they paid. Been going on for over a year now, so nothing new.
Not for investment at all...Less than 400 miles because I work from home...

· Registered
2022 Super Stock
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Just a thought I picked mine up August 11th and will not drive it to work (we've had HCs, SPs and Rams stolen out of our parking lot, plus a rash of converter thefts lately) but I still have 1078 miles on mine so far.
Got the SS on 09/07 and as of today Its sitting at 375, so I drive about 20 mile/day.. looks like you do the same...yours is 22 mile/day (give or take).
interesting... we are moving at the same pace.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts