SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
21 - 40 of 107 Posts

· Registered
49 Posts
I have setup a mandatory rule for myself (like a fundamental principle of car value): every car that cost me $100k+ (not including TTL) need to be a luxury brand.

In the future taking into inflation into consideration, I may increase that limit but $100k is the number for me at this moment.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,291 Posts
I have setup a mandatory rule for myself (like a fundamental principle of car value): every car that cost me $100k+ (not including TTL) need to be a luxury brand.

In the future taking into inflation into consideration, I may increase that limit but $100k is the number for me at this moment.
So cloth seats are out then.

· Registered
2022 Super Stock
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
i would have to agree with furious. make sure he locks you into a 23 allocation first. msrp or less again? get it in writing from him.
then ask away on your price. funny the wording the dealer said to you. a secure client that needs it. nobody needs a car that expensive. he wants it!
i think you’re in the driver seat on this. if the guy balks, we’ll then you still have your ss.
Good perspective and great point you got there...

· Registered
2022 Super Stock
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·

I am a sucker for principle and 2023MY will be over $100k for the same car. I will definitely take your rule under advisement.

· Premium Member
971 Posts
Well Folks!
As expected, the low-supply is triggering the demand. my dealer just called and offering me $100k for my SS, according to them... they have a secure client that needs it.
Seems like they are calculating the offer based off of the MSRP + taxes fee I spent... interesting but my baby-girl is not for sale, However $110k might do the trick LOL.
I am not asking y'all to make a decision for me but What would you do in this situation?
Placed02/01-Confirmed02/04-Scheduled06/17-In Production08/03-Built08/22-ShippedUnknown-Delivered09/05-In my garage09/07
MRSP $95,500- As of today 375 Miles

View attachment 604156
Pass. If 110 is your number, tell them. Olof they don’t want it than oh well.

· Registered
1,136 Posts
How is this even a question? You've driven the car less than 400 miles. If you're looking to invest actually invest in things that will make you real money. Either drive the damn car or sell it.

I also believe this has less to do with it being a SS than just a hellcat in general. Lots of people are getting calls to sell their fairly new cars back to dealerships for more than they paid. Been going on for over a year now, so nothing new.

· Registered
2022 Super Stock
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
How is this even a question? You've driven the car less than 400 miles. If you're looking to invest actually invest in things that will make you real money. Either drive the damn car or sell it.

I also believe this has less to do with it being a SS than just a hellcat in general. Lots of people are getting calls to sell their fairly new cars back to dealerships for more than they paid. Been going on for over a year now, so nothing new.
Not for investment at all...Less than 400 miles because I work from home...

· Registered
'22 Charger Hellcat ordered
589 Posts
I would probably want a known allocation lock up on a 23 before I would sell. There may be opportunities to make a buck yourself and move up to MY23. TRX guys have had the best opportunity to do it. To gamble that I'd be without a car I'd need a big premium.
Bingo. This is likely the route I would take, if I'm ok with not having a SS. The MY23 is going to be a big gamble though. Can you even get a car you want (exact specs, etc.) and what will the ADM be if you can find one available.

· Banned
5,317 Posts
Dump It As soon as Possible

• Haha
Reactions: Bobo

· Banned
2022 Frostbite SS Ordered 03/24/22, DELIVERED 08/12/2022
572 Posts
Not for investment at all...Less than 400 miles because I work from home...
Just a thought I picked mine up August 11th and will not drive it to work (we've had HCs, SPs and Rams stolen out of our parking lot, plus a rash of converter thefts lately) but I still have 1078 miles on mine so far.

· Registered
2022 Super Stock
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Just a thought I picked mine up August 11th and will not drive it to work (we've had HCs, SPs and Rams stolen out of our parking lot, plus a rash of converter thefts lately) but I still have 1078 miles on mine so far.
Got the SS on 09/07 and as of today Its sitting at 375, so I drive about 20 mile/day.. looks like you do the same...yours is 22 mile/day (give or take).
interesting... we are moving at the same pace.

21 - 40 of 107 Posts