SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Super Stock… Supply and Demand// Price Increases

10K views 121 replies 37 participants last post by  WVHEMIS 
#1 ·
Well Folks!
As expected, the low-supply is triggering the demand. my dealer just called and offering me $100k for my SS, according to them... they have a secure client that needs it.
Seems like they are calculating the offer based off of the MSRP + taxes fee I spent... interesting but my baby-girl is not for sale, However $110k might do the trick LOL.
I am not asking y'all to make a decision for me but What would you do in this situation?
Placed02/01-Confirmed02/04-Scheduled06/17-In Production08/03-Built08/22-ShippedUnknown-Delivered09/05-In my garage09/07
MRSP $95,500- As of today 375 Miles

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

See less See more
#76 ·
Back to the original post. Low mileage Super Stocks go for 125-130k around here. I haven't looked for the prices where the OP is but knowing how dealerships work, having worked for them since 2008, they were trying to make a quick buck off his back. Almost everyone on this forum could make a quick buck off selling their cars at this point regardless of what they are and when you bought them. I dont subscribe to the 1 of whatever arguments made by people. While they may end up being collectible vehicles in the future in my mind it's way to soon to boast about rarity of a car when its 2 years old like it's a 1969 ZL1. If the OP let his car go I think the 110k asking price would still give a dealer a ton of headroom to make a bunch of cash. Some members seem to have a ton of money and deal in Hellcat variants like they are Pokemon cards. Makes me think that they aren't so much enthusiasts that love the cars as much as investors speculating about future values.

#77 ·
I personally would not sell my current car unless the new one I ordered was built already. There are a quite few posts on here where guys sold and ordered only to encounter cancelations and escalating prices. If you don't want a 2023 then it is moot, sell and move on. I also have seen 120-130k advertised prices for SS but kind of doubt they are actually realizing that number at close. I for one bought mine to drive, hopefully with some DC upgrades someday.

#79 ·
The ONLY reason I can see to trade up from 21 or 22 to a 23 is potential future value, and I just would not bet on that. Same car of any of those years likely to be worth the same money down the road. Might be a short term flip opportunity but that seems like a gamble too.

#83 ·
Well Folks!
As expected, the low-supply is triggering the demand. my dealer just called and offering me $100k for my SS, according to them... they have a secure client that needs it.
Seems like they are calculating the offer based off of the MSRP + taxes fee I spent... interesting but my baby-girl is not for sale, However $110k might do the trick LOL.
I am not asking y'all to make a decision for me but What would you do in this situation?
Placed02/01-Confirmed02/04-Scheduled06/17-In Production08/03-Built08/22-ShippedUnknown-Delivered09/05-In my garage09/07
MRSP $95,500- As of today 375 Miles

View attachment 604156
Tell ‘em 150

#90 ·
Blue Boy Tie has had some trouble lately....drive lines failing well under warranty and a whole bunch of other more basic QC stuff. I know an adjuster who had 2 different z71s fail after no miles. Had a rental "upgrade" to a Cad C4 and holy crap, what a mess. Just saying, I haven't bought anything GM for decades. But I would hate to offend anyone haha

#91 ·
My only response to this is my SS went into the dealer to replace one of my stripes that was lifted right at the edge when it was delivered. They had my car for 3 days to do this and gave me a 2020 Chevy Trax to drive! What a POS!! Only had 18,000 miles and air conditioning did not work at all, one window screamed as it went up or down! I would never buy it off the lot if I drove it. Someone definitely traded off their problems with that one! When wife dropped car off for repair she had the choice of that or a KIA and now says she should have taken the KIA. While I know the Trax is an economy car, everything should function in a two year old car with less than 20K miles!

#92 ·
Yeah man, this C4 had 11k and was just awful. Skated all over the lanes at low speed, every control was mushy and just so freaking slowwwwwwwwww. I mean, it's not a blackwing but I have enough anecdotal info to keep me away from GM, as if I needed it. And the carbon buckets in the 'wing are frankly soooooo funny

#110 ·
Dealers have been calling people and sending out mailings claiming they need your car for years. It's just another tactic for them to waste our time. The world isn't running around looking for a super stock

#116 ·
One outlet never defines the market. That said, did anyone who bought an SS really think that they would bring a significant ROI in less than 24 months? If so, not great investors. If they were, they would probably stay clear of investing heavily in automobiles.

#118 ·
I feel the SS is in the same category as the Demon and Demon 170. So the value in the near term of an SS will take a hit due to the Demon 170 knocking it down a notch.

In the long term, who knows?

807hp Jailbreaks are in a separate category, I don't feel that they compete with the 3 cars mentioned above. The 807hp JB is still the top end "street" hellcat. Values of those cars may break from the SS, Demon, Demon 107.

#120 ·
I feel the SS is in the same category as the Demon and Demon 170. So the value in the near term of an SS will take a hit due to the Demon 170 knocking it down a notch.

In the long term, who knows?

807hp Jailbreaks are in a separate category, I don't feel that they compete with the 3 cars mentioned above. The 807hp JB is still the top end "street" hellcat. Values of those cars may break from the SS, Demon, Demon 107.
I agree with a slight caveat... the SS values (imo) will climb closer to 2018 demon, because the new 170 is king of the hill, and the SS is a demon without the trans brake and computer. But with stage 2 kit, the playing field for the SS and demon is now pretty even.

JB will always be a great value because theres a bigger market for people who want street cars over drag oriented cars.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

#119 ·
Could be right on values. Mine isn’t in the wrapper and wasn’t bought as an investment. I bought mine to enjoy it so no matter what happens to the value … I will still get my fun out it. Having driven a Tesla Model S Plaid … I won’t be selling my SS ever. Talk about a no personality and not much fun to drive even though it’s fast car and that’s the future of all cars. Yuck. I actually almost want to try get a 23 WB JB for driving around the streets in the summer and use the SS for Friday night drags at the local track. But probably the SS with two sets of wheels makes more sense 😂😂.

#121 ·
I regret selling mine every day. It was a 2021 purchased at invoice, $4K rebate and 0 for 72 months. I made some money on it but if I could do it all over again it would still be in my garage. If all goes well I will be picking up a 22 Challenger RE on Tuesday at almost the same price as my SS 18 months ago.

#122 ·
Agree with riddic99 up to a point. The Demon will always be a halo car IMHO. While the 170 has now eclipsed the performance of the original Demon but 170 IMO is going to paint you into some corners that will force you to go in one direction or the other. Some will want the bare-bones race car with few amenities or you will load one up and people will love it or hate it. I think both will find their future collector path.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.