SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
69 Posts
Is anyone making super stock badges? Curious if there was anything decent aftermarket.

Kinda disappointed dodge didn’t do any badges to indicate a super stock.
I don’t think you need to Display it … however take it off a Camaro, haha super sport… might be why there isn’t no SS badging…

·
Registered
199 Posts
I learned to drive manual on a 1971 Pinto with the German made 1600cc motor. Parent let me take my date to prom in it too. ;)

Your parents must have the 1 of 1 Pinto that year...because the rest of them with German built engines were of the 2000cc variant. The 1600cc was the English engine

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
10,764 Posts
I don’t think you need to Display it … however take it off a Camaro, haha super sport… might be why there isn’t no SS badging…
I dont know. This certainly doesnt make me think of a GM turd. This made into a badge would work for me.
Automotive design Font Automotive exterior Motor vehicle Vehicle

Reactions: Gotgap

·
Registered
122 Posts
so a yugo is collectable? And I fail to see a car that anyone could order, but did not thus creating low production numbers translates into future collectability. All it really says is that when the car was available for order there wasn't much interest in it.
Yugo really thats where you want to go?

Dodge kept the SS quiet, if they would have promoted it the demon owners would have sued. By the way any 67-69 camaro SS, Z28 or COPO was not limited....you just had to have the money and know about it.

The collector cars of the past were just regular cars, driven, raced a couple got parked but that was the exception.

But once again, IMO anybody buying cars now for its collector value based on the past is making a huge mistake seeing the climate we are living in now.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Yugo really thats where you want to go?

Dodge kept the SS quiet, if they would have promoted it the demon owners would have sued. By the way any 67-69 camaro SS, Z28 or COPO was not limited....you just had to have the money and know about it.

The collector cars of the past were just regular cars, driven, raced a couple got parked but that was the exception.

But once again, IMO anybody buying cars now for its collector value based on the past is making a huge mistake seeing the climate we are living in now.
they 100% did not keep the SS quiet...you did not have to be in "the know" to order it, and nobody would have sued. And lets say they did...what would be the basis of litigation? Dodge built another car!!! They said they never would!!! I would have never bought my car if I knew they were going to build another one!!! Give me a break....I'm starting to think I speaking with Viper owners

·
Registered
2021 SRT Super Stock
534 Posts
they 100% did not keep the SS quiet...you did not have to be in "the know" to order it, and nobody would have sued. And lets say they did...what would be the basis of litigation? Dodge built another car!!! They said they never would!!! I would have never bought my car if I knew they were going to build another one!!! Give me a break....I'm starting to think I speaking with Viper owners
I will preface this by again saying that I don't believe the super stock will be more collectible than the demon. With that said, just about everyone has heard of the demon. Very few outside of this community have any idea what a super stock is, even among "car guys". When someone asks me about my car and I mention it's a super stock I usually get a blank stare. Most of the time I just say it's a hellcat and leave it at that.
It is not a point of pride for me to own this or have anyone else know that I do...I bought it because I like it....so none of this really bothers me...and I'm old enough not to care what it's worth in 30 years

With all that said, you've made statements that are not accurate and have ignored history of cars that are valuable today, were low production numbers, and were not limited by the factory.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I will preface this by again saying that I don't believe the super stock will be more collectible than the demon. With that said, just about everyone has heard of the demon. Very few outside of this community have any idea what a super stock is, even among "car guys". When someone asks me about my car and I mention it's a super stock I usually get a blank stare. Most of the time I just say it's a hellcat and leave it at that.
It is not a point of pride for me to own this or have anyone else know that I do...I bought it because I like it....so none of this really bothers me...and I'm old enough not to care what it's worth in 30 years

With all that said, you've made statements that are not accurate and have ignored history of cars that are valuable today, were low production numbers, and were not limited by the factory.

What was not accurate? I'm not ignoring anything, I'm pointing out the "collectable" car market is shrinking, and its shrinking fast!! Not because of people our age, but the younger generation wants ZERO to do with cars and that is very clear. People love to feel like they've hit gold with their purchase, but the fact remain, nothing sold today, no matter your personal thoughts about them are guaranteed to be worth anything tomorrow. You can speculate based on historical data, but don't forget, its just speculation. If you followed the 911 market at all there should be some valuable lessons there. Those air cooled engine absolutely tanked as far as prices are concerned 15yrs ago. But for whatever reason they went through a period where they shot through the moon. Todays market is stabilizing with prices coming back down (still inflated however) to almost where they should be based on historical trends. Shit even look at old Mopar's these cars are not fetching the prices they once were and I'm not sure they ever will....but one thing is for sure, time will tell.

·
Registered
2021 SRT Super Stock
534 Posts
What was not accurate? I'm not ignoring anything, I'm pointing out the "collectable" car market is shrinking, and its shrinking fast!! Not because of people our age, but the younger generation wants ZERO to do with cars and that is very clear. People love to feel like they've hit gold with their purchase, but the fact remain, nothing sold today, no matter your personal thoughts about them are guaranteed to be worth anything tomorrow. You can speculate based on historical data, but don't forget, its just speculation. If you followed the 911 market at all there should be some valuable lessons there. Those air cooled engine absolutely tanked as far as prices are concerned 15yrs ago. But for whatever reason they went through a period where they shot through the moon. Todays market is stabilizing with prices coming back down (still inflated however) to almost where they should be based on historical trends. Shit even look at old Mopar's these cars are not fetching the prices they once were and I'm not sure they ever will....but one thing is for sure, time will tell.
I'm not disagreeing about the future collectability of these vehicles or the shrinking market. What I'm disagreeing with you on is your statement that low production numbers do not translate to future collectability. There's not a direct translation, but there is a correlation. Combine low production with high attrition and you have a pretty good chance of collectability. I believe the 60s-70s muscle car market has over time consistently gained because of this along with baby boomer nostalgia. However, had there been the kind of speculation then that there is now with the Demons and other cars new people think may be collectible in the future, I doubt prices of some vintage muscle would be as high. Had 1000 71 hemi cuda convertibles been built because people were speculating on future collectability and 75% of them were squirreled away there is no way they'd be selling for $3 mil + now. The speculation I believe has helped the demon market short term, but the low attrition rate because of it will hurt the long term collectability. There will always be those people who have to have something no one else has and who have the resources and are willing to spend those resources to get it.

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Pattern

·
Premium Member
10,764 Posts
I agree that hype equals value. FCA did a stupendous job hyping and marketing the Demon. My RE can now be upgraded by Dodge to have significantly more hp than a Demon and it will still never be worth the same money. It isnt limited even if production numbers are extremely low, they didnt make suspenseful videos with count down timers, and even if they can get one to equal or even better the times it will never be a Demon.
We know a factory car in the nines was a big part obviously but imo most people not in the know about the numbers still get all giddy when you mention Demon strictly because of the marketing. A RE could come out now that does a 9.55 and no one would care but us.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Odd, I'm a closet mopar guy and never heard of it. Friends that have nothing but Mopar's never heard of it and yet a buddy of mine who just has regular cars asked me why I did not order one. I told him he must be mistaken as I'm sure I would have heard of something. We went on build a dodge and saw it was there. He originally saw some guys Instagram post about it is how he found about it. I called my dealer immediately to order one and they never heard about either. To this day I am the only one to order one between the 2 dealers local to me.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Odd, I'm a closet mopar guy and never heard of it. Friends that have nothing but Mopar's never heard of it and yet a buddy of mine who just has regular cars asked me why I did not order one. I told him he must be mistaken as I'm sure I would have heard of something. We went on build a dodge and saw it was there. He originally saw some guys Instagram post about it is how he found about it. I called my dealer immediately to order one and they never heard about either. To this day I am the only one to order one between the 2 dealers local to me.

Its on the website for anyone to see...hardly hidden, its right in plain view

not to mention

·
Registered
122 Posts
why would i go on the website everyday to see if they offered a new car? I have a life, its up to them to get my attention from advertisement.

·
Premium Member
10,764 Posts
why would i go on the website everyday to see if they offered a new car? I have a life, its up to them to get my attention from advertisement.
The rest of us here dont lol. We somehow knew without going on their site. They did advertise and also did a press release. This just shows that unless it's a Demon and it comes with gobs of hype, no one will know. People miss the everyday advertisements. It does however spread like wildfire on the forums. It's part of why many come here. Not to mention if youre in the market then one would expect you to do at least a little research of your own.

Reactions: Gotgap

·
Registered
122 Posts
The rest of us here dont lol. We somehow knew without going on their site. They did advertise and also did a press release. This just shows that unless it's a Demon and it comes with gobs of hype, no one will know. People miss the everyday advertisements. It does however spread like wildfire on the forums. It's part of why many come here. Not to mention if youre in the market then one would expect you to do at least a little research of your own.
i wasn't in the market.....

·
Premium Member
10,764 Posts
i wasn't in the market.....
Ya I think that's a huge factor lol. When we're all excited to buy something usually we devour info on what's what lol. Although there have been a few posts from new owners who were clueless about what they bought. Always seems odd to me.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Ya I think that's a huge factor lol. When we're all excited to buy something usually we devour info on what's what lol. Although there have been a few posts from new owners who were clueless about what they bought. Always seems odd to me.
I'm not clueless on cars.........

41 - 60 of 81 Posts