SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
In The Market
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I’m going to install blower spacers and a 2.85 upper in the next few weeks; does anyone have a full guide to pulling the blower? I know there are plenty of videos and guides to just tilting the blower to get to the snout bolts but I’m going to need the whole blower to come off for the spacers.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody Indigo Blue with Graphics Package
1,232 Posts
Youtube it, I think speedy has a complete video but not sure..

·
Registered
In The Market
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Speedy is awesome, I’ve used a bunch of his videos for my installs. In his video he just tilts the blower up to swap the pulley rather than pulling off the whole blower.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Speedy is awesome, I’ve used a bunch of his videos for my installs. In his video he just tilts the blower up to swap the pulley rather than pulling off the whole blower.
Agreed. The process to remove would be the same that he used to lift the front. Only real additional would be disconnecting the fuel lines.

·
Registered
2017 Challenger HC 6M
150 Posts
This was a good video to watch of Forza doing a Jokerz Ported S/C install. I watched just for informational purposes.

Reactions: 797rdeye

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi. Biggest pain doing this for me was the coolant lines to the blower, ha ha. Can be a pain to get on and off depending how the clamps are clocked. I used one of those hose clamp pliers. We used a 2x4 and a lift strap to pick up the whole blower. Two people on the outside fenders holding the 2x4 and one person in front to guide it out. It's pretty heavy, and awkward leaning over the car. I also swapped the alignment dowels for the longer ones. You can use push pins for the spacer plates to keep them attached when you put the blower back in. With 2.85 and spacer plates the stock belt was right in the middle of the tensioner. Also, do yourself a favor and just remove that cowl cross bar and the whole cowl right off the bat. Easy to do and easy to install again, and you want all the room you can get. I also swapped the T-stat while at it.

Also for the hoses, make some plugs for the blower side, so that you don't drain coolant everywhere once you lift the blower out. Not sure if it would drain a lot, but did this just to be on the safe side and not make such a mess. You can just use some extra hose and a couple of bolts or whatever. Maybe unnecessary???? Next time the blower comes of I am switching to AN fittings for the coolant lines to the blower, or something similar.

Reactions: SquirrelMaster

·
Registered
99 Posts
The dowels you need are M8x24, I got mine from Fastenal. PN 0128618.

dowels

Also, I had a dowel pin puller but couldn't use it to get these out because I couldn't get it square on the surface of the intake. We used a homemade vise grip slide hammer and that worked, but we had to really whack it very hard.

Something like this: vise grip slide hammer

·
Registered
99 Posts
My litens pulley came with very specific instructions, too.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,848 Posts
Use the search. I got very detailed instructions from this site in 2019....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts