SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 226 Posts

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that my tires are done, its time for suspension upgrades.

Please share your ideas or upgrades you completed for Charger Hellcats. I just hooked up with Chris at SpeedLogix. He was a great help! I am breaking the upgrades into 3 phases. Braces, lowering springs, then major control arm upgrades.

Here is what I ordered for phase one:
Front Tower Brace: Front Strut Tower Brace 15 Challenger Hellcat, 15 Charger Hellcat
Rear Tower Brace: 4-point Rear Shock Tower Brace 05-15 Challenger, Charger, 300, Magnum
Sub-Frame Brace: Razors Edge Matrix Brace Subframe Connectors 05-14 Charger, 300, Magnum
All in red of course ;)

For less then a $1000 I think its a good first step. Its also not as intrusive as the control arm upgrades in the suspension package. I will post pics as I progress.

·
Have Guns Will Travel
Challenger SRT Hellcat
6,299 Posts

Please share your ideas or upgrades you completed for Charger Hellcats. I just hooked up with Chris at SpeedLogix. He was a great help! I am breaking the upgrades into 3 phases. Braces, lowering springs, then major control arm upgrades.

Front Tower Brace: Front Strut Tower Brace 15 Challenger Hellcat, 15 Charger Hellcat
Rear Tower Brace: 4-point Rear Shock Tower Brace 05-15 Challenger, Charger, 300, Magnum
Sub-Frame Brace: Razors Edge Matrix Brace Subframe Connectors 05-14 Charger, 300, Magnum
All in red of course ;)

For less then a $1000 I think its a good first step. Its also not as intrusive as the control arm upgrades in the suspension package. I will post pics as I progress.
Are you going to do road course or something?

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,925 Posts
I would have to agree with Pal, when people post up mods it would be great if they said what their trying to accomplish in doing so, looks like your just spending money,LOL
TC

·
Have Guns Will Travel
Challenger SRT Hellcat
6,299 Posts
That looks awesome!!!
Its listed in the "video of chargers" thread, but here is the link again. With a little work she can do so much better. Also, I need a little more practice. Either way, so much fun!!!

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
198 Posts
Its listed in the "video of chargers" thread, but here is the link again. With a little work she can do so much better. Also, I need a little more practice. Either way, so much fun!!!
Excellent driving there and looks like a lot of fun.

Good luck with those upgrades, and taking the Charger to new handling levels for sure.

Curious how you have that telemetry displayed on the video?

Otherwise keep on showing people your taillights!

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Excellent driving there and looks like a lot of fun.

Good luck with those upgrades, and taking the Charger to new handling levels for sure.

Curious how you have that telemetry displayed on the video?

Otherwise keep on showing people your taillights!
I use Harry's Track Timer. Its an app for Android or Apple. Its killer! All you need is a Bluetooth OBD adapter and your done. The video comes from the phone. I am adding rear video in sync on my next track day with a Hero cam. That way you can see the cars cry when I pass them :)

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Very Nice, I love the video gameessness of the display. And the way you blew away that Porsche!
Thanks for noticing the Porsche get crushed. The next lap I passed a Viper :)

Then we all got crushed by this guy. He destroyed me in the turns. This is why I got tires and now working on better suspension ;)
Lexi Trying..jpg

·
Black Betty...BamAlam!!!
Charger SRT Hellcat
653 Posts
Thanks for noticing the Porsche get crushed. The next lap I passed a Viper :)

Then we all got crushed by this guy. He destroyed me in the turns. This is why I got tires and now working on better suspension ;)
View attachment 33681
It's always hard losing...even to what appears to be a purpose built race car. You probably weigh close to double what he does.
Looking forward to the driving impression after each stage. That's pretty much just the order I'm looking at doing it. Thinking the adjustable camber and toe settings may show the most improvement in handling, but it all need to be solid to have repeatable settings and, hopefully, results.
Good luck with your improved lap times. COTA is a beautiful track and I would love to do some laps there one day. Always good to compare to the f1 boys lap times to realize how fast they are really going. Not to mention how respectable the Hellcats times are as well.
Enjoy your baby!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,080 Posts
That stuff will tighten you up a bit :) Been there done it ( didn't get a T shirt though )

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
12,292 Posts

All in red of course ;)

For the Rear Tower Brace, does the body get cut for that or are there flat plates that match up with the existing wheel well sheetmetal???

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,080 Posts
For the Rear Tower Brace, does the body get cut for that or are there flat plates that match up with the existing wheel well sheetmetal???
no cutting, bolt on top of rear shock towers
( for a 2 point )

1 - 20 of 226 Posts