SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Challenger Hellcat that is used mostly for drag racing. It's running mid 9's at 145 mph. I bought BMR rear suspension adjustable control arms to set the camber to help with launching the car. The first on car adjustable arm failed, so I tried an adjustable arm that was not on car adjustable as recommended by BMR. That part failed and caused damage to the wheel well from the tire rubbing. It could have been much worse and could have totaled the car an injured or killed me. BMR is refunding the money spent on their parts but will not pay for the damage to my car. Their poorly designed and constructed parts caused damage that they should be paying for.
Stay away from BMR!!

Attachments

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
33 Posts
I recently switched from BMR to AAD performance. I like them much better. The BMR rod links are garbage. They start making squeaky/popping noises once water or debris gets on them.

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
7,036 Posts
I have asked Josh to have the AAD parts installed on Top Cat my husbands/ @Top Cat HC Challenger.
These are proven to handle the High RWHP of the race cars. Competition does help better products to come to the market place. BMR is a good company and complaints should be handled directly to help them improve their quality.

You guys are all so lucky for how many parts are available now since 2015.

Linda :)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have asked Josh to have the AAD parts installed on Top Cat my husbands/ @Top Cat HC Challenger.
These are proven to handle the High RWHP of the race cars. Competition does help better products to come to the market place. BMR is a good company and complaints should be handled directly to help them improve their quality.

You guys are all so lucky for how many parts are available now since 2015.

I have been working with Frank at BMR. He is very helpful but he can't get the owner to pay for my repairs.

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
7,036 Posts
I have been working with Frank at BMR. He is very helpful but he can't get the owner to pay for my repairs.
I think BMR is really a great company. I know a while back they upgraded a few of their parts. They were the brand to buy when many Hellcats were going high nines not shooting for the 8's.
I think they need to catch up to those that build for those low 9's and 8's. My husband was always about safety and he always had his cars built for it and strength.

I hope Frank can get things can work out. Better a Friend than a Foe.

Who knows Covid has affected many business's and maybe there is something that might have been changing but is delayed.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,039 Posts
I just installed the adj UCA and UTA 111s, not on car adj. They said go with these if over 800hp.
What year were yours made?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just installed the adj UCA and UTA 111s, not on car adj. They said go with these if over 800hp.
What year were yours made?
I just installed them at the end of last season. Maybe 20 runs on the first on car adjustable and less than that on the non on car adjustable which were installed this spring.
I would not trust them. It's better to change them now and avoid possible serious damage from failure. The AAD seem to be much better control arms and trailing arms.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,039 Posts
Your obviously over 800 but what exactly are you at, I cant see ur sig on mobile.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 426
1,745 Posts
Went with Bwoody on mine. They seem pretty stout and brag about standing behind the product. Also went with the Delrin bushings over polyurethane.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,039 Posts
If you knew the drama, not to mention money spent, I went thru lowering and trying to get an aligment, undoing everything is not a favorable option atm. Im only at about 800rw now and not racing full time, the car is dual purpose although not a DD.
But I hear you about the safety concern. Now that I think about it, I would think its more rwtq that would cause the failure, no? Whats ur tq? And what rear drag setup?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not sure what the torque number is. I do know about the hassle and money spent. I have the GForce rear conversion to a 9 inch ford diff and using MT Pro Bracket Radials 29.5 x 10.5 x 15's.
Also have Santuff adjustable shocks front and back for weight transfer. My best 60' was 1.38. If you race with your current set up, I would check the rear arms every time I go down the track.
It only takes one launch to break parts.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
720 Posts
Wow. I would be very unhappy and expect compensation as well. I had a few bmr issues as well. Such a shame, I have two gt500s that got the full bmr treatment with zero issues. 2/2 bmr products so far have had issues on my hellcat, one control arm weld, but summit sent me a new set the next day. I seen a weld issue prior to install. The other was subframe connectors with the hardware missing and bolt holes drilled off mark.
Geez bmr.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I have the GForce rear conversion to a 9 inch ford diff
Such a beautiful thing, this.

Also, being a nine-inch, it has a veritable plethora of ratios and internals available, including lockers, spools, various types of slip-limiting systems, etc.

It would be nice if someone could combine a locker with a Gleason-Torsen torque-sensing limited slip differential.. The absolute best of both worlds, great road-racing behavior and absolute locked-together security for the drag strip.

I'd like to see someone get a Dana 60 adapted to this drivetrain. In aluminum of course, or magnesium, if it has sufficient specific strength.

Mopar or Nodiff?

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Not sure what the torque number is. I do know about the hassle and money spent. I have the GForce rear conversion to a 9 inch ford diff and using MT Pro Bracket Radials 29.5 x 10.5 x 15's.
Also have Santuff adjustable shocks front and back for weight transfer. My best 60' was 1.38. If you race with your current set up, I would check the rear arms every time I go down the track.
It only takes one launch to break parts.
No wonder they broke!! That’s some serious stress there, still I agree should not have broke, sorry yo hear of your troubles.
Red key at your power lever and if your not running a 15” set up you’ll be fine on the street and most likely at the track too. I bought some BMR stuff but decided to go with SpeedLogix’s stuff, it’s almost the same as the ADD stuff and I got a good deal on it all, now to just get it all installed!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts