SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I unfortunately have a black hellcat which requires continuous maintenance swirl marks. Not sure if ceramic pro would worth doing at its price point. Would love feed back from anyone has ceramic treated hellcat.

·
Registered
In The Market
1,319 Posts
I unfortunately have a black hellcat which requires continuous maintenance swirl marks. Not sure if ceramic pro would worth doing at its price point. Would love feed back from anyone has ceramic treated hellcat.
The $1600 for the Gtechniq seems to be a good investment. Most of the $$$ is in the paint PREP. Swirl free now and very easy at wash time. Detailer says unless its bird shit, just live with the dust etc until wash time. Rinse thoroughly. No dusting or dry wiping. NO waterless washing.
047317B7-F52F-4A01-A916-615BBD21C48B.jpeg
D582ABE6-C2AD-4788-AF13-4ABBFA727442.jpeg

·
Registered
123 Posts
I agree
The prep work is the key to ceramic coating
My guy had over 12 hours of work prepping my car before coating my brand new car
He showed me all the stuff he corrected as he was doing it

·
Registered
77 Posts
I did my own car with paint correction and then ceramic coating. Took over 20hrs over a weekend but I don’t see any issues. The cost (total) was less than $300. I definitely wouldn’t be paying someone else do what I can do myself...

Wish I had the ability to show photos in garage...if you were closer I’d be happy to do everything (except for the wheels) for less than $450...I just like seeing the before and after process

Attachments

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
509 Posts
All good suggestions but it depends on how much you want to keep fighting the swirls. I've owned many black cars and they are always a challenge although beautiful when they are clean/polished. If you don't want to invest in Ceramic or don't have the skills to do it yourself, you will have to refine your wash/dry habits. I'm assuming that you already have the skills to remove the swirls including the prep work before buffing. Using the double bucket method of washing and drying via some type of air dryer/blower will cut down on a lot of the swirls. If you don't want to use a blower to dry, then at least use high quality edgeless drying cloths and dry in one direction to avoid swirls. Every time you touch the paint, you run the risk of adding swirls and scratches. It's inevitable but you can delay it. In the end, you only have so much clear coat so the answer isn't frequent buffing and polishing to remove swirls. Dennis's car looks beautiful for sure. Personally, if I had black, I would do it myself but then I have the time and tools to do it. My Bright White HC does not show the swirls near as easy as previous black cars I have owned and so ceramic isn't justified for me. Still careful with the washing and drying though...good luck on your decision my HC brother.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All good suggestions but it depends on how much you want to keep fighting the swirls. I've owned many black cars and they are always a challenge although beautiful when they are clean/polished. If you don't want to invest in Ceramic or don't have the skills to do it yourself, you will have to refine your wash/dry habits. I'm assuming that you already have the skills to remove the swirls including the prep work before buffing. Using the double bucket method of washing and drying via some type of air dryer/blower will cut down on a lot of the swirls. If you don't want to use a blower to dry, then at least use high quality edgeless drying cloths and dry in one direction to avoid swirls. Every time you touch the paint, you run the risk of adding swirls and scratches. It's inevitable but you can delay it. In the end, you only have so much clear coat so the answer isn't frequent buffing and polishing to remove swirls. Dennis's car looks beautiful for sure. Personally, if I had black, I would do it myself but then I have the time and tools to do it. My Bright White HC does not show the swirls near as easy as previous black cars I have owned and so ceramic isn't justified for me. Still careful with the washing and drying though...good luck on your decision my HC brother.
thanks for your input

1 - 6 of 6 Posts