SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, its like almost impossible to find a good deal on a HellCat in the midwest. I had a trade in so i couldn't order from Vroom or Carvana or dealing more then 300 miles away was impossible due to shipping trade via shipping car. Only 5 Hellcats popped up in all my searches withing a 200 mile radius 3 were already sold. So i was down to 2. Then during negotiations of 1 they sold it. So then I was down to 1. I ended up sealing the deal but the dealer was very reluctant to deal .

They are detailing it now and fixing the curb rash per my request. So, I won't be able to pick it up to Friday.

2016 B5 blue with Tan/Sepia Laguna Leather seats and automatic trans. 28k miles. They said everything checked out mechanically and its still has till end of the year on the power train warranty. Should I get a MOPAR extended power train warranty. Being new I just reading about all the 15-16 sc issues. Has me worried. This will be my daily driver however I work from home so pretty much a garage queen accept grocery runs or going out. I had 0 issues with my Camaro loved it but needed something with bigger back seats for my daughter and talked to a you tuber who had kids said he has no issues getting his toddler in and out of the back car seat. Hoping to have the same reliability and the same fun with something better suited for a single dad with a child.

I ended up paying 43,805 2016 sticker was $68,800 They said it books at 47k so wouldn't go a penny lower then the price i got it from as I did walk out and they called me back in and offered me 4 free synthetic oil changes but that was all and they already had another guy looking at it so I took it. Did I get hosed?

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
125 Posts
I assume Charger? Because the Challenger backseats are not much different than a Camaro.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I just went though this last month, I ended up driving 5 hours to get mine.

Dealers like to point out sticker price when it was new, when looking at a used car. I don't care if it was a 1.4 billion dollar sticker price new, its used and I look at the market.

43,800 sounds about right at the moment. Any less and you should start wondering why its so cheap. Any more and you should look elsewhere or make an offer but be ready to walk.
I just bought a 2016 Challenger hellcat ( m6, granite crystal, leather, sunroof, 16xxx mile) for 45k early march. Wasn't the best deal but it had what I wanted in the color I wanted.

Buying used cars is not what it used to be. Do not go in thinking "Oh ill just chew em down a couple grand" because you will be in for a surprise. The internet price is the lowest price, prices are usually set by corporate. And dealers would rather let it sit on the lot or have it go to auction. Usually though the dealer will eat a ~$500 reduction, if you draw a hard line. Like if it came to 43,487 out the door and you said "make it 43k even and ill do it". It makes you feel somewhat better.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I assume Charger? Because the Challenger backseats are not much different than a Camaro.
No Challenger. I wish I couldn't find a charger under 48k withing 500 miles radius.

Yeah their Asking price was QUOTE NO HAGGLE PRICE of 44,495 Since they said it KBB was retail 47,200. I haggled them to the 43,805 4 oil changes and they gave me KBB blue book trade in value on my camaro which took little haggling at that as well. As they came in about 1k lower for the KBB good condition trade in value. I guess the cabin when i sat in it looked 10 times bigger then my camaro so it felt like their was plenty room to get her in and out??? As right now I am just breaking my back getting her out of the back of my camaro

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
140 Posts
Back seat of the challenger is way bigger than a Camaro by a good margin!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,151 Posts
no point in second guessing be happy with the purchase it sounds like a sweet car. dealing with a trade always makes things harder

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,856 Posts
Wouldnt worry too much about the SC. The issue was over blown - pun intended. Don’t forget that the happy people tend to not really post and the unhappy ones for sure jump right online to tell the world. Human nature. There are far more good SC’s in the ’15/‘16‘s than were bad.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
220 Posts
Challenger does have more back seat (and front seat) room than Camaro, but I think the lifting and reaching to place a child in the back seat will be about the same. Good news is challenger does have more legroom for when they’re out of that car seat. My 14 y/o sits back there with my wife in the front with the front seat moved forward, and that couldn’t happen when we looked at ZL1 Camaros 3 years ago before the HC.

Sounds like you negotiated the HC down at least a little, and they’re giving you decent trade value on your modded camaro which is surprising as some dealers won’t even want it. Enjoy your new HC, and call Jason at Chrylser warrantee direct for outstanding Mopar protection policy pricing and service.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Use the passenger side seat to get in and out of the back, way quicker to slide the manual seat all the way forward verse the power driver side one that moves like a snail. ENJOY!!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
140 Posts
Use the passenger side seat to get in and out of the back, way quicker to slide the manual seat all the way forward verse the power driver side one that moves like a snail. ENJOY!!
Agreed, that's the only way to do it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Challenger does have more back seat (and front seat) room than Camaro, but I think the lifting and reaching to place a child in the back seat will be about the same. Good news is challenger does have more legroom for when they’re out of that car seat. My 14 y/o sits back there with my wife in the front with the front seat moved forward, and that couldn’t happen when we looked at ZL1 Camaros 3 years ago before the HC.

Sounds like you negotiated the HC down at least a little, and they’re giving you decent trade value on your modded camaro which is surprising as some dealers won’t even want it. Enjoy your new HC, and call Jason at Chrylser warrantee direct for outstanding Mopar protection policy pricing and service.

I am wrench turner so me and my buddy removed the procharger and put the tune back to stock so the dealer didn't know. I sold it on the camaro forums to a guy took a huge loss on the second hand sale but as you know you get absolute 0 value with a dealer trading in a modded car and actually they devaule it most of the time. I was able to pull $2500 for it so I know trying to figure out Rims and Tires as I just think a bronze wheel would just make the Hellcat scream.. that and currently it has stock rims and all season on it. I live in a wintery climate and this will be my daily so I figure winter time I can then switch back to all season and protect say a fancy set of rims from the salt and sand of winter. The other idea is driveshaft and intake. Thinking rims and tires would be a better mod for this year anyways.

Agreed, that's the only way to do it.

Yes, thats what i had to do in the camaro the car seat was on the passenger side with the seat all the way forward. I just had to hit the back part button to crawl back to unbuckle her and pull her out. However, being 6'2 its been rough lol..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So update.. My back hates me.. its about the same getting her in and out rear facing as my camaro however it was faster to get her out of the camaro as the seats moved faster. I am tall so 6'3 tried sticking her behind the drivers seat so I could easily use the passenger seat as the driver seat takes about "hour in kid time" to move all the way forward. That of course led to a very awkward and uncomfortable driving position. I had to move her to the passenger side. so pretty much have to used the auto driver seat wait forever then crawl into the back seat to pull her out. Just out of uniqueness I switched it to front facing and it was easy peasy getting her in and out on the passenger side. However, she is only 20 months old so I have a good 4 months to go before I can give my back a break. :( Other then that wow lots of fun to drive of course when my little one is not with me. I took it out to mexico for the weekend. On stock all seasons from a 30mph roll put about car length on a buddies stock 2018 ZO6 would of been even more but out of 3 runs all 3 couldn't get any rear traction at 30mph or lower and he did so always got a good car or more jump and I realed him in. He is now upset and looking at voiding his warranty and doing a pulley on his vette. . However, we did some major twisties and I stood no chance at all. My camaro ss glued to the road like it was on rails the Hellcat just seemed like it wanted to leave the road when i pushed it lol. OH well, 90% time we are all going straight when driving so I take the z06 smashing ability can't wait to get tires on it down the road. Also, vs the procharger the Hellcat whine and exhaust tone inside the car is so much deeper and cooler sounding. I do not regret one bit going from camaro to hellcat. Also lot easier to get the stroller in and out of the hellcat trunk seems wider and little deeper.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts