SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
473 Posts
Nice pics. that red challenger looks incredible. f8 green charger too..

·
Registered
2021 WB HC Charger White Knuckle
85 Posts
Rode it on MC many times for years....Foot Hills Parkway is a great ride too before the Dragon. This Photo
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Grille
was a few years back in Scat Pack Charger. Headed down there in a few weeks with HC next. Great fun and law is not too bad if you don't get too wild. Blount County is hard on all. The photo guys on Dragon take some great Photos and prices are not bad at all. You buy some T's etc at the little burger joint at top of the hill on the Dragon as well.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Drove the Redeye home from KY to FL and added two hours to the drive just so I could take it on this road. I also drove it on the Foothills Parkway and it was a great preview of the Dragon. I drove it on a weekday so I actually had nobody in front of me or behind me at the Foothills and during the first EIGHT miles of the dragon. Amazing!! I eventually caught up to some bikes and a 2015+ mustang GT. We traded the lead a few times stopping on the pullouts to let the bikes get ahead some. Such a great time.

The car had over two hundred miles on it by the time I got there so I was free to begin exercising the RPM range some haha. The turns are so tight that you barely use the accelerator, or the brakes. Just a little of both to keep the right momentum going, its mostly steering though. It’s no GT350 or 1LE but man, it handled great and at no time did I feel out of place driving through the turns. I really enjoyed it and its great that there’s a handling angle to this car in addition to straight line ultimate speed. Good times!

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

Wheel Vehicle Car Plant Window

Tire Car Vehicle Wheel Vehicle registration plate

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Plant

·
Registered
2019 Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye Widebody
487 Posts
Recommend driving through upon arrival to check conditions, even if you are familiar with the Dragon. Cops are generally pretty good about it, but I have been pulled over there. We have a cabin over near Robbinsville so I knkw the area well. If a motorcyclist taps the top of his helmet that means there are cops ahead. Folks usually work together there to stay out of trouble. Plenty of other curvy roads to enjoy in the area as well. Check out Fontana Dam while you are there...tallest dam east of the MS!
Killboy is one of the photo companies and there are others.
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire

Lots more room to move around in the lane on a bike!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
19 Posts
Was there this past May over Memorial Day weekend. It’s always a hoot to go on the Dragon’s Tail. When you drive past the photographers remember the time of day. They photograph almost every car and bike that drives past them. So you can save a lot of scrolling through the endless web pages by remembering your time when you drove past them. They post everything with a time stamp.

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
39 Posts
I was there for the Meet in the Mountains. Been there on a bike previously. Trust me, the police are on the road, daily. Last time there I saw two State Patrol vehicles and a local Sheriff, not to mention the Blount County Rescue Squad special operations dragon team. You can have fun, just don't get out of control.
View attachment 579754
Also went to MITM. Ran the Dragon on Sunday, late morning, saw no police at all (thankfully). What an absolute blast!! Followed 3 Harley baggers on the way down, don't laugh, they were dragging bags through the corners. Great introduction to the Dragon, as they set a quick but comfortable pace. Much less intimidating than expected, and way more fun. I don't think I stopped smiling for a week. Highly recommended.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye Widebody Octane Red
1,594 Posts
Had a blast this weekend. Ended up running the Tail 3 times.
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Car Land vehicle
Tire Automotive parking light Car Wheel Sky

·
Registered
2015 Charger SRT Hellcat
1,561 Posts
I only ran it once due to being on a tight schedule. Man, a LOT of mental effort driving it. I can't believe the traffic that is on there; like a long bed pickup towing a big honking trailer! He finally pulled over, but created quite a backup. I came closer to a lot of biker helmets than I wanted to.........

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Yes, the amount of traffic on it was surprising. Especially some of the trucks and trailers. I had several cars go the other way that were squealing tires going through the turns. We saw a Mustang almost lose it passing a pickup. The truck pulled off shortly after and we quickly caught the Mustang.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Some more pics
Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
Car Vehicle Tire Wheel Grille
Car Vehicle Land vehicle Tire Wheel
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Land vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Reactions: NeverEnough

·
Registered
2018 Charger Hellcat
2,399 Posts
We should organize a Hellcat.org Tail of The Dragon run. One day, I'll drive down to drive it...hopefully.

I should just wait till I buy another Miata, though. :D

·
Registered
2018 Charger Hellcat
2,399 Posts
Yes, the amount of traffic on it was surprising. Especially some of the trucks and trailers. I had several cars go the other way that were squealing tires going through the turns. We saw a Mustang almost lose it passing a pickup. The truck pulled off shortly after and we quickly caught the Mustang.
Mustangs drivers gonna Mustang driver LOL

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
A Miata would be more maneuverable but it was fun throwing this big car around a little. The Snake is another big road similar to the Dragon. I want to check that one out too.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts