SRT Hellcat Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
image.png
This little kit is great for that area. Mine had factory installed hairline scratches and this kit got it about as perfect as they will get. I applied some Collinite on them after they were buffed out.

·
Registered
43 Posts
+1 on the Novus plastic polish, amazing stuff. I have some 1/2" thick clear acrylic shelving in one of those old aluminum Oakley display cabinets that were badly scratched and marred from years of use. Took a bit of work but the Novus products got them back to as-new condition, not a scratch to be found.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If it gets to the point that the above doesn't work, a quick alternative would be to replace the part.

68254141AA - Rear Center Gloss Black Surround ~ $50
68254140AA - DODGE nameplate ~ $20

Similarly, the front air dam gets scuffed up a lot too from low clearance and it's about $80 to replace that part.

Between the front fascia, front air dam, and this rear gloss black surround, I see myself replacing those pieces due to wear and tear.

Hi,

is 68254141AA the gloss part that surrounds the lights in mid section of trunk ? get some different results searching this parts, get also the upper parts containing the trunk unlock button. If i have a close look at the light section, i do not see how the part holding the DODGE batch can be replaced seperate from light units. Can anybody update me on that ?

·
DRIVESRT.COM
4,500 Posts
Hi,

is 68254141AA the gloss part that surrounds the lights in mid section of trunk ? get some different results searching this parts, get also the upper parts containing the trunk unlock button. If i have a close look at the light section, i do not see how the part holding the DODGE batch can be replaced seperate from light units. Can anybody update me on that ?

It is. #5 in the following link: Dodge Challenger Applique. Fascia. Center. Lamp - 68254141AA | Libertyville IL

·
Premium Member
12,291 Posts
View attachment 46873 This little kit is great for that area. Mine had factory installed hairline scratches and this kit got it about as perfect as they will get. I applied some Collinite on them after they were buffed out.

My .02 on plastic polish, get it wrong (wrong grade, wrong application, wrong technique, wrong whatever) and you'll make scrap out of whatever you're working on...

Take the time to step through the process and work with the right stuff and you'll be amazed at what you can fix plastic wise...

I made the plastic in a 20+ year old dash covering the gauges look at least as good as new, so much so that I sent the replacement back for a refund. This thing was hopelessly hazed, scratched, fogged, Fubar'ed to the point where I polished it just as a exercise in seeing what I could do, like I said, I ended up keeping it, cause I did miracle like things with it.

Point is, you really can fix scratched plastic (Getting the damn letters out of the way is another thing...)

21 - 27 of 27 Posts