SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Tapping into brake booster vacuum hose for new exhaust valves

253 Views 5 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Hoss056
I purchased a GTHAUS GTC (V.C) exhaust for my 22 Redeye Challenger and I am debating on whether or not to tap into the brake booster vacuum hose as instructed by GTHAUS. My new exhaust will bypass the OEM exhaust valves and add 2 vacuum controlled valves right before the mufflers (which are located right before the tips).

Not sure if I should use the brake booster vacuum or if I should buy a sperate 12v vacuum pump to control the new valves. I'm leaning towards buying a dedicated pump.

I'd appreciate any feedback from members that have installed vacuum controlled exhaust valves.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· HOTY Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,624 Posts
I would not be afraid to do it. Just make sure to zip tie or clamp connections so nothing can vibrate apart, even if they are barbed.

· Registered
2016 Challenger Hellcat
124 Posts
It's not a bad connection under the hood that worries me. It's a aftermarket valve or hose failure or hose under the car taking damage. That happens and power assist is gone.

· Registered
780 Posts
But, aren't the brakes also somewhat pump-actuated?
To prevent excessive vacuum leakage, you can just put a very small orifice somewhere on the fitting at the booster can to the rear of the car can get vacuum, but it won't hemmorhage vacuum in the case of an undercar mishap. You can add a small vacuum reservoir near the rear of the car to "store up" some vacuum, also.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts