SRT Hellcat Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,376 Posts
I think they are like 1.2 pounds lighter than the stock pulleys. So changing all three would be like 3.6 pounds total. That is a lot of rotational mass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah , it was about 3 3/4 lbs. , I have it wrote down somewhere & that is huge on a belt drive system. The s/c pulley was a big difference too , I think I saved right at 5 lbs. total.
They look good too.

·
Registered
In The Market
379 Posts
IF YOU have a Hellraiser pulley says must keep stock pulleys
I don't read it that way:

Litens highly recommends against the use of additional idlers or heavy duty tensionsers and HD Belts with their pulley due to the higher risk of internal failure

There are companies that add another idler next to the blower for more belt wrap and I think that is what they are referring too

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,046 Posts

Litens highly recommends against the use of additional idlers or heavy duty tensionsers and HD Belts with their pulley due to the higher risk of internal failure

There are companies that add another idler next to the blower for more belt wrap and I think that is what they are referring too
I think litens is too strict with their "warnings" . They sound unreasonable. Like the green belt ....... Even though the redeye comes with a green belt and they make the factory pulley ...
I think it's more of a " cover their own ass" warning.

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

I have a ripatuned adjustable idler here that I plant to install next. I’m going off of other people’s experiences that have noticed belt slippage with the stock set up indicated by rubber dusting around the supercharger snout. I don’t Plan on adjusting it to extremely just a little extra belt wrap shouldn’t hurt it. I also have a stock length green belt and a green belt that is 1/2 in longer than stock. I have always heard that the Greenbelt helps prevent belt slippage and it doesn’t Stretch under pressure like the stock belt. But when I feel with the stock built feels like compared to the Greenbelt they feel very similar to me. You guys have any input on those things?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
In The Market
379 Posts
In my Mustang days, I liked the Napa brand belts that are made by gates. I did try a green belt but the standard Napa belts worked just fine.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts