SRT Hellcat Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
What exactly does this device do? Its not letting more air into the engine so either is the ignition timing on the hellcat very safe original (and this alter it) Or the fuelmap i trash on the original hellcat, but the AFR should be displayed? 12.6 for max power

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
366 Posts
^Same here

I’m not saying this product is not good because I don’t know that. But I have cut up several plug and play products like this over the years in my shop and usually they trick the ECU into thinking it’s cooler outside than it really is to add a bit more fuel, and it also makes the gas pedal about 20% more sensitive making you feel like your car is faster and more responsive. Again, not saying that’s what this product does, but I have seen it in the past

The claim of louder blower whine is strange for me to hear along with reading this device could possibly make 780hp... I have a hard time with both these claims, but I will believe it for now I guess

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
19 Posts
^Same here

I’m not saying this product is not good because I don’t know that. But I have cut up several plug and play products like this over the years in my shop and usually they trick the ECU into thinking it’s cooler outside than it really is to add a bit more fuel, and it also makes the gas pedal about 20% more sensitive making you feel like your car is faster and more responsive. Again, not saying that’s what this product does, but I have seen it in the past

The claim of louder blower whine is strange for me to hear along with reading this device could possibly make 780hp... I have a hard time with both these claims, but I will believe it for now I guess

when I installed it I had some codes go off and then I emailed them with photos of of how I did the installation and I got to tell you their customer service is really good because the guys reply to every single question in detail and I asked him towards the end I’m like I know you guys have the schematics but how does this work what is it due to the car because the reason I considered this my friend has an M5 competition and he has a similar ECU piggyback that gave him almost 100 hp or more on his set up and he’s a stock car and it’s leased

so this is the explanation that I copy pasted of what he told me it does

Hi Chris

Thank you for the update and great news to see that it is working correctly now,

This system is adjusting the 3 x Supercharger boost sensors accordingly inline with the vehicles base map, Offsetting these sensors progressively with the custom map increases the boost pressures what then your vehicles fueling system will be altered accordingly to counteract the increase in boost pressures by using the lambda sensors and data fed back to the ECU.

This vehicle in particular we have carried out extensive on the road testing and are very happy with this map on this engine and I'm sure you will love the tune.

Once you have tested this in setting 7 I'm sure you will feel the real benefits from this and love the additional power.

You can view the technical data sheet on our website if you locate your vehicle and click on tech data it will show what each setting does.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
19 Posts
^Same here

i have a track event on June 4th I’ll be able to run the car with the system on and off

it’s connected viaBluetooth so I can change the setting on myphone

I’ll let you know if it shows a differance when I run the shit out of the car on a couple of passes.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
366 Posts
when I installed it I had some codes go off and then I emailed them with photos of of how I did the installation and I got to tell you their customer service is really good because the guys reply to every single question in detail and I asked him towards the end I’m like I know you guys have the schematics but how does this work what is it due to the car because the reason I considered this my friend has an M5 competition and he has a similar ECU piggyback that gave him almost 100 hp or more on his set up and he’s a stock car and it’s leased

so this is the explanation that I copy pasted of what he told me it does

Interesting. This sort of product makes sense on a turbo car because it can allow you to adjust the boost controller/solenoid and will make more power no doubt. How safe it is, well that’s up for debate

But, on a supercharged engine your boost is fixed based on pulley ratios. So their explanation they sent you is straight wrong. They can trick the map sensors no doubt to tweak the fueling, and they can adjust timing with this box. But they cannot up the boost on a blower setup. That defies physics that are pre set by hardware...

Either way, I’m looking forward to your results. They should tell us a lot vs how peoples butt dynos feel.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
864 Posts
Interesting. This sort of product makes sense on a turbo car because it can allow you to adjust the boost controller/solenoid and will make more power no doubt. How safe it is, well that’s up for debate

But, on a supercharged engine your boost is fixed based on pulley ratios. So their explanation they sent you is straight wrong. They can trick the map sensors no doubt to tweak the fueling, and they can adjust timing with this box. But they cannot up the boost on a blower setup. That defies physics that are pre set by hardware...

Either way, I’m looking forward to your results. They should tell us a lot vs how peoples butt dynos feel.
Actually the bypass valve is how you regulate boost in these cars (ie closed to initiate torque reserve, or open it for traction control). My car has opened it more than once at the top of fourth gear to reduce calculated/sensed torque. When the air density is up there it neuters the car pretty good.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
366 Posts
Actually the bypass valve is how you regulate boost in these cars (ie closed to initiate torque reserve, or open it for traction control). My car has opened it more than once at the top of fourth gear to reduce calculated/sensed torque. When the air density is up there it neuters the car pretty good.
Yes but this factory safe guard is keeping you at Max HP. The car doesn’t allow much more than factory power levels. So this box is not allowing any added boost... I didn’t mention traction control cutting power or anything like that. My skepticism is this box making an extra 70hp over stock... I have a good bit of time invested in datalogging stock and modified hellcats so this is where my data is telling me something is fishy with these claims. To each their own. Hope everyone is happy with their purchase

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
19 Posts

So right now it’s installed on the hellcat Durango , and on the track event on June 4th I’ll test it to see how it pans out because being all wheel drive all get all the traction and the results will be very visible from the get go…..

for the 700 bucks this cost and all stock …. Well see

there is always a faster car…. I just have to be happy eventually with the results

if it pans out I’ll consider one for the redeye too….

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
864 Posts
Yes but this factory safe guard is keeping you at Max HP. The car doesn’t allow much more than factory power levels. So this box is not allowing any added boost... I didn’t mention traction control cutting power or anything like that. My skepticism is this box making an extra 70hp over stock... I have a good bit of time invested in datalogging stock and modified hellcats so this is where my data is telling me something is fishy with these claims. To each their own. Hope everyone is happy with their purchase
We are very much on the same page here. I am just curious what the actual results are from the manipulation... just because it isn't the preferred method, doesn't make it viable.

I agree a 10% brake increase is significant... if not optimistic. TDI Tuning and other boxes have been independently tested on other platforms on the Youtubez. It seems to work better than others.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
160 Posts
I'm in for the results also. If a tune only car can gain an additional ~40 - 50 rwhp, I can see how it may be possible with this box.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Has anyone done a before and after dyno?

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
19 Posts
Has anyone done a before and after dyno?
Too lazy to Dino and don’t feel like driving that far to find an all wheel drive Dino, if I feel results at the track based on the ¼ times …. Maybe I’ll dyno it but it won’t matter every car is different…. The Durango all though fast , unfortunately the redeye is faster … but the redeye won’t hold traction and I may it may not install the track tires on….

we’ll see…. Everyone and every shop seems so busy

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
19 Posts
We are very much on the same page here. I am just curious what the actual results are from the manipulation... just because it isn't the preferred method, doesn't make it viable.

I agree a 10% brake increase is significant... if not optimistic. TDI Tuning and other boxes have been independently tested on other platforms on the Youtubez. It seems to work better than others.
I think the main issue is that these people are from England and …. Well… what do we know here on the states side?… I may be the first one on the planet to stuff this in a hellcat Durango and this thing is heavy…. I’ll be able to feel this the best on the track….

On the streets right now, no space, always too much traffic….

21 - 38 of 38 Posts