SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Comfortably Numb
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For giggles i used the Dodge vehicle locator to find me a hellcat.. they are everywhere and or on the way!

The very first place i called has a green 6sp on lot.. 150 miles from here.... i could drive it home today for 68. --or-- i could sit and hope for a golden wanka allocation ticket and still end up open sales in April and not see my Cat until June.. i would have to give up Laguna and Brass Monkey rims...

What would you do?

·
Comfortably Numb
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i didnt even try to get him lower.. they have moved several so far.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,056 Posts
For giggles i used the Dodge vehicle locator to find me a hellcat.. they are everywhere and or on the way!

The very first place i called has a green 6sp on lot.. 150 miles from here.... i could drive it home today for 68. --or-- i could sit and hope for a golden wanka allocation ticket and still end up open sales in April and not see my Cat until June.. i would have to give up Laguna and Brass Monkey rims...

What would you do?
If you see the exact car you want for sale in a few months (same options and everything) for MSRP . Will you be regretting not have waited?

That should give you your answer

Reactions: Paladin06

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Demon
2,703 Posts
I would not give up the Laguna, it's awesome!

·
Comfortably Numb
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you see the exact car you want for sale in a few months (same options and everything) for MSRP . Will you be regretting not have waited?

That should give you your answer
no i dont think ill regret anything... just on phone 67 + tax n title other order was 5k over anyway that i was willing until open sales happened.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
353 Posts
It would be a no brainer for me. I ordered in the middle of Sept and never even got a VON. I kept looking and found one with a VIN that wasn't purchased. It was totally different color than I ordered but it had a VIN, and it was $2500 over MSRP. I bought it in November and car was built on 11/14. It was delivered to my House on 12/15 and I haven't regretted it for one second.:)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,338 Posts

What would you do?[/QUOTE]

One in the garage is worth two on a dealers lot

·
Comfortably Numb
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i sent a message to my rep, im canceling unless she can produce a vin..

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
456 Posts

What would you do?

You and I are (and thousands more) in same box. Snow & salt on the roads for a couple more months, so even if we had our cars, we couldn't drive it. I'm going to wait it out till winter's over and see if I actually get a build date. If it does happen, it will have been worth the wait to get one the way I want.

However, I am not going to wait in limbo forever and I will re-evaluate my situation when that time of year comes.

·
Comfortably Numb
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You and I are (and thousands more) in same box. Snow & salt on the roads for a couple more months, so even if we had our cars, we couldn't drive it. I'm going to wait it out till winter's over and see if I actually get a build date. If it does happen, it will have been worth the wait to get one the way I want.

However, I am not going to wait in limbo forever and I will re-evaluate my situation when that time of year comes.
i hear ya.. im just done, i want off this ride.. and to know i could be driving it tomorrow excites me

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
8,661 Posts
Go for it, Hun! I did not tell my dealership, of course, but my husband and I were willing to go up to 5k over MSRP. Just glad we did not have to, but I'd have done it in a heartbeat. To me, 5k is not that bad for the car I want.

April

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,781 Posts
Yea my dealer has this week to get a VIN to me. Mostly because they lied and told me I was third... Now they say I'm fourth after I called them out for having 3 sold/in transit. This month I'll start my 2 pronged attack while not giving in on options (pitch black A8 with leather seats and nav)... Next month if I don't get an allocation then I'll start giving up options

·
Comfortably Numb
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
i did it!!!!

got them down to 65k..62+ 3 over... i was willing to pay my other dealer 5k over... so without the hood, and laguna and 2k less over MSRP, im getting my car now at 5k less then it would have cost.

i pick up my HELLCAT tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i feel like im gonna have a heart attack!! LMAO!!!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
238 Posts
I would find one for MSRP if possible. I wouldn't give the Laguna seats for the world!

1 - 20 of 108 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.