SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
A Van Down by the River
7,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Pics coming in two days after window tint. It's black, it's silent, it's a stealth fighter. The acceleration is ludicrous. From a roll it feels like my old 1000hp Hellcat but from a dig, even my Hellcat couldn't match it to 60. It feels like your eyeballs are being sucked into your skull. Unreal.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Wheel Tire Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Car
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Grille
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Vehicle Car Automotive design Gear shift Steering wheel
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Plant Head restraint

0-120mph pull in around 8 seconds with me and my wife in the X, this was not using drag mode, just punched the throttle from a stop. Unfortunately the road wasn't completely flat either, it had a slight uphill turn just over half way through the pull. Nonetheless, it was pulling quite hard and you could feel it in your gut the whole pull. Its so weird, you keep expecting the G-Force to let up but it doesn't, it just keeps on and on pulling.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,157 Posts
Pics coming in two days after window tint. It's black, it's silent, it's a stealth fighter. The acceleration is ludicrous. From a roll it feels like my old 1000hp Hellcat but from a dig, even my Hellcat couldn't match it to 60. It feels like your eyeballs are being sucked into your skull. Unreal.
It's crazy that that thing will smoke your decked out ZL1, modded hellcats, Gt500's, etc.. still not for me though. Even though it's slower, I'm sure the Z will still be more fun.

·
Registered
429 Posts
How long did it take you to get it from order? Is Tesla delayed like everyone else?

·
Registered
A Van Down by the River
7,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
How long did it take you to get it from order? Is Tesla delayed like everyone else?
It's weird because we ordered it about 3 months ago, it wasn't scheduled to be built until Oct-Nov, and then we got a call saying it was ready for pick up. We think someone else ordered one just like ours and didn't buy it so Tesla just offers it to the next available customer in the queue. Our Model Y Performance was ordered around the same time and we're supposed to pick it up next Sunday, so it looks like about 3-4 months is typical right now. Tesla also likes to batch ship them at the end of every quarter. I've read they do that to cut down on shipping cost so most deliveries come at the end of each quarter.

·
Super Moderator
Jeep GC Trackhawk
2,658 Posts
Congrats on your new Plaid. Consistent 9 sec. quarter mile on the street, from the factory, is insane.

Looking forward to seeing the pic's / videos.

·
Registered
429 Posts
It's weird because we ordered it about 3 months ago, it wasn't scheduled to be built until Oct-Nov, and then we got a call saying it was ready for pick up. We think someone else ordered one just like ours and didn't buy it so Tesla just offers it to the next available customer in the queue. Our Model Y Performance was ordered around the same time and we're supposed to pick it up next Sunday, so it looks like about 3-4 months is typical right now.
Not bad considering the circumstances. Congrats on the purchases

·
Registered
22 GR Supra 3.0 Premium, 17 C7 Z06/Z07 (RIP), 19 392 Charger (SOLD)
146 Posts
It's weird because we ordered it about 3 months ago, it wasn't scheduled to be built until Oct-Nov, and then we got a call saying it was ready for pick up. We think someone else ordered one just like ours and didn't buy it so Tesla just offers it to the next available customer in the queue. Our Model Y Performance was ordered around the same time and we're supposed to pick it up next Sunday, so it looks like about 3-4 months is typical right now.
Tesla tends to build the "top spec" cars faster. My friend ordered a regular Model 3 long range and they gave him a 6-7 month wait. He called spoke with the a rep and was basically told if he ordered a model 3 performance his wait would be cut in half so he did just that and got the car in 7 weeks. So they take priority to the more upscale trims. Congrats on the new top speed dragster SUV that thing is badass!!! how's the yolk wheel feel?

·
Registered
A Van Down by the River
7,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tesla tends to build the "top spec" cars faster. My friend ordered a regular Model 3 long range and they gave him a 6-7 month wait. He called spoke with the a rep and was basically told if he ordered a model 3 performance his wait would be cut in half so he did just that and got the car in 7 weeks. So they take priority to the more upscale trims. Congrats on the new top speed dragster SUV that thing is badass!!! how's the yolk wheel feel?
Honestly, not a fan of the yoke. I drove it 4 hours yesterday and never did it feel comfortable for me. I mean just cruising down the highway it's fine but when making slow turns, you typically reach for the top of the wheel as you turn it but it's not there with a yoke. Really would prefer a standard wheel. Fit and finish isn't terrible but typical Tesla quality, only body panels I see thats off are the drivers side doors, the door handles for the front and rear doors are side by side and you can see they dont line up side by side, off by a few cm. Otherwise no other isssues, interior is just fine. Tesla clearcoat is SUPER SOFT, I was amazed how many scuffs, swirls and scratches were in the paint. The dealer prep crew did a horrible job, even the salesman was apologetic for the prep crew calling them part timers. I'm in the middle of doing some paint correction now to prepare it for ceramic coat. My wife is leaning towards wrapping it though in a matte silver/grey which I'm actually ok with because black is a nightmare to keep clean.

Reactions: 2fast4u

·
Registered
A Van Down by the River
7,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you’re ever in Texas with it, you have to take me for a ride!
I’m going to make the plunge into electric as well.
Any dual motor Tesla 3 or Y is fun as Hell to drive but if it's in your budget to go with an S or X, then do it, more power and more range. Plaid is on another level. Throttle response and torque is so crazy I honestly think you could injure someone's neck driving from a roll and flooring the throttle. It's literally feels like someone just slammed into the back of you. It's violent!

·
Registered
A Van Down by the River
7,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm excited about the Roadster and this is the first car my wife is actually on board with.
The Roadster is going to be BONKERS! Mid to low 8 second 1/4 and if they can get a 600 mile range out of it too, that will be the icing on the cake.

Reactions: ScLeCo and 2fast4u

·
Registered
146 Posts
Honestly, not a fan of the yoke. I drove it 4 hours yesterday and never did it feel comfortable for me. I mean just cruising down the highway it's fine but when making slow turns, you typically reach for the top of the wheel as you turn it but it's not there with a yoke. Really would prefer a standard wheel. Fit and finish isn't terrible but typical Tesla quality, only body panels I see thats off are the drivers side doors, the door handles for the front and rear doors are side by side and you can see they dont line up side by side, off by a few cm. Otherwise no other isssues, interior is just fine. Tesla clearcoat is SUPER SOFT, I was amazed how many scuffs, swirls and scratches were in the paint. The dealer prep crew did a horrible job, even the salesman was apologetic for the prep crew calling them part timers. I'm in the middle of doing some paint correction now to prepare it for ceramic coat. My wife is leaning towards wrapping it though in a matte silver/grey which I'm actually ok with because black is a nightmare to keep clean.
If you plan to wrap it skip ceramic coating it that would just make it more difficult to apply the vinyl/PPF later. But yeah Tesla paint is extremely soft and thin PPF or a Wrap is a must which is a let down for a car at that price point but the price is really for the tech. As for the yolk I can see how that would get annoying under daily driving conditions its more of a cool gimmick but carbontastic makes some nice custom aftermarket steering wheels give them a look!

·
Registered
A Van Down by the River
7,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If you plan to wrap it skip ceramic coating it that would just make it more difficult to apply the vinyl/PPF later. But yeah Tesla paint is extremely soft and thin PPF or a Wrap is a must which is a let down for a car at that price point but the price is really for the tech. As for the yolk I can see how that would get annoying under daily driving conditions its more of a cool gimmick but carbontastic makes some nice custom aftermarket steering wheels give them a look!
Ahh ok, I wasn't aware that ceramic coating affected vinyl/PPF, that might be why my local PPF shop did such a shitty job on my ZL1, it was fully ceramic coated. They re-did it 3 times and every time it had bubbles under the PPF. It still has some even after a year.

The overwhelming consensus is that most people dislike the yoke. Just my luck next year's model will offer a round steering wheel. LOL. I'll check them out, but its my understanding any change in the steering wheel requires updating the software in the car too since the wheel is tied to the computer. I believe someone has hacked it already and made it work but he's a software programmer. I don't know that he has released any fix yet for everyone else. That was as-of a few months ago when I was reading up on it.

Reactions: 2fast4u

·
Registered
146 Posts
Ahh ok, I wasn't aware that ceramic coating affected vinyl/PPF, that might be why my local PPF shop did such a shitty job on my ZL1, it was fully ceramic coated. They re-did it 3 times and every time it had bubbles under the PPF. It still has some even after a year.

The overwhelming consensus is that most people dislike the yoke. Just my luck next year's model will offer a round steering wheel. LOL. I'll check them out, but its my understanding any change in the steering wheel requires updating the software in the car too since the wheel is tied to the computer. I believe someone has hacked it already and made it work but he's a software programmer. I don't know that he has released any fix yet for everyone else. That was as-of a few months ago when I was reading up on it.
Previous owner of my old Z06 had ceramic coated it but I wanted full PPF my detailer had to polish the car for 6-8 hours in order to remove the original ceramic coating after a full decon/clay bar in order to install the film and he still had a difficult time getting the XPEL on. The coating makes the adhesive not stick because the paint is so slick so paint needs to be polished and naked from coatings or wax. Best bet is to have PPF done then ceramic over the PPF and exposed paint for the gloss and slickness. :)

·
Registered
‘16 A8 Shaker
1,270 Posts
I think that roadster will easily do sub 2 second 0-60 when it’s released. Low to mid 8’s seem highly unlikely to me tho.

8.99 sure

8.20???

How many of you have tried to pick 7 tenths with something running 8.90?

·
Registered
A Van Down by the River
7,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I think that roadster will easily do sub 2 second 0-60 when it’s released. Low to mid 8’s seem highly unlikely to me tho.

8.99 sure

8.20???

How many of you have tried to pick 7 tenths with something running 8.90?
Agreed that it gets exponentially harder to go quicker but the advantage is AWD as well as a lightweight platform with well over 1000hp. HP is unknown at this time. It may not do it but it's going to VERY quick regardless.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts