SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
‘16 A8 Shaker
1,270 Posts
I don’t have a hc either. Found this forum searching SRT forums and joined

Wait… black out opt out does dude have more than one ID and post pix of his old car talking about how pretty it was?

That would be some sick shit right there!

🤪

·
Registered
2022 Challenger Hellcat, Sinamon Stick
31 Posts

Wait… black out opt out does dude have more than one ID and post pix of his old car talking about how pretty it was?

🤪
:ROFLMAO: agreed -that would be sick. I have no affiliation to Blkout, didn't realize the similarity in username until you pointed it out. I just admire his car...

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
61 Posts
My son works for Tesla and to help motivate the employees the company sent up a couple of Plaids for them to have a chance to test drive. I race a 68 Plymouth Hemi SS/AH Barracuda that has run 8.70's and low 1.20 60 foot times. I was able to go on one of the test drives in a Plaid. It was fastest and hardest leaving vehicle I have been in. I owned a 16 HC and wished I kept it, but the Plaid would have kicked its a$$. Down fall of the Plaid is the high cost.

·
Registered
‘16 A8 Shaker
1,270 Posts
SS/AH! Love it. You guys never cease to amaze!!!! I’m aware nhra has lightened up a lil on the restrictions over the years (can now pocket port etc) but still. Come on man! A guy really has to know how to all 3 to be competitive in that class. (Drive, tune, and build). Blows my mind SS/AA record is down in the 8.20’s. I have followed since defrank n cohen held the record @ 9.43

Damn. Just checked and SS/AH cars are running quicker than 8.50 these days. Crazy. My hat is off to you sir : )

Reactions: GOMER

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,157 Posts
My son works for Tesla and to help motivate the employees the company sent up a couple of Plaids for them to have a chance to test drive. I race a 68 Plymouth Hemi SS/AH Barracuda that has run 8.70's and low 1.20 60 foot times. I was able to go on one of the test drives in a Plaid. It was fastest and hardest leaving vehicle I have been in. I owned a 16 HC and wished I kept it, but the Plaid would have kicked its a$$. Down fall of the Plaid is the high cost.
If the barracuda does 8.7's and 1.2 60' it's the fastest car you've been in. Plaids 60' around 1.45 ish and 9.2-9.3 1/4 mile

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
61 Posts
In a street car!
I also have a NHRA legal 2019 1320 Challenger that runs in A/SA that I built from a flood car that has run 9.92 @ 132.85. On a 9" Goodyear tire that has a best 60 foot of 1.32. I need to get that down to the high 1.20's to be real competitive with the 396/427 1969 Camaros, 69/70 428 Cobra Jet Mustangs and 70 Cuda 440/6 barrel cars. Keep in mind that this is run with the stock intake, stock throttle body size and stock lift camshaft and a 904 TF transmission. Minimum weight for the class combination is 3470 lbs. With the stock rocker arms and stock lifters its a 7800 RPM finish line.

·
Registered
A Van Down by the River
7,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Blkout- congratulations and enjoy your Plaid, but I'll always remember your Hellcat with the Phillip's Performance Lil Devils and those BC Forged Monoblocks as the best looking Challenger in my opinion. View attachment 596732
Hah, me too!

·
Registered
A Van Down by the River
7,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·

🤪
I only have one account. Yours truly. Lots of people on this forum loved my old car.

Reactions: GOMER

·
Registered
‘16 A8 Shaker
1,270 Posts
I also have a NHRA legal 2019 1320 Challenger that runs in A/SA that I built from a flood car that has run 9.92 @ 132.85. On a 9" Goodyear tire that has a best 60 foot of 1.32. I need to get that down to the high 1.20's to be real competitive with the 396/427 1969 Camaros, 69/70 428 Cobra Jet Mustangs and 70 Cuda 440/6 barrel cars. Keep in mind that this is run with the stock intake, stock throttle body size and stock lift camshaft and a 904 TF transmission. Minimum weight for the class combination is 3470 lbs. With the stock rocker arms and stock lifters its a 7800 RPM finish line.
That’s rad but tbh never hung out at the starting line to watch A stock. Definitely hung around for Super stock tho, especially if they were next up after whatever class I was with and we lost ha. That A stock sounds impressive. You said stock lifters… you mean they ‘look’ stock lol. Bet if I took em apart I would find almost all of the plunger travel has been removed?

7800 is a lot considering the push rod angle. Good thing they are so short : )

·
Registered
A Van Down by the River
7,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Paint correction done yesterday, window tint done today but its been raining all day. Try to get some pics tomorrow even though it got rained on today. I may even try to get an acceleration video posted too, 0-100.

·
Registered
30 Posts
And its looks...just saying...

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,676 Posts
Probably getting an E-tron S for the wife. Plaid just a little too much power for her. 😂

·
Registered
A Van Down by the River
7,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Probably getting an E-tron S for the wife. Plaid just a little too much power for her. 😂
I like the look of those. Still waiting to get some pics posted, my wife has been in the Plaid every day all day since we got it. Between that and flash flood rain here, it has been challenging.

Reactions: BrakeFade

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,340 Posts
Honestly, not a fan of the yoke. I drove it 4 hours yesterday and never did it feel comfortable for me. I mean just cruising down the highway it's fine but when making slow turns, you typically reach for the top of the wheel as you turn it but it's not there with a yoke. Really would prefer a standard wheel. Fit and finish isn't terrible but typical Tesla quality, only body panels I see thats off are the drivers side doors, the door handles for the front and rear doors are side by side and you can see they dont line up side by side, off by a few cm. Otherwise no other isssues, interior is just fine. Tesla clearcoat is SUPER SOFT, I was amazed how many scuffs, swirls and scratches were in the paint. The dealer prep crew did a horrible job, even the salesman was apologetic for the prep crew calling them part timers. I'm in the middle of doing some paint correction now to prepare it for ceramic coat. My wife is leaning towards wrapping it though in a matte silver/grey which I'm actually ok with because black is a nightmare to keep clean.
Good info. Seems most people are so flabbergasted at the performance you never get the real review.

·
Registered
A Van Down by the River
7,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Original post updated with pics. 0-120mph video going up soon too.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,572 Posts
sick! i've never seen one I LOVE the rear badge.

Reactions: Blkout

·
Registered
A Van Down by the River
7,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
sick! i've never seen one I LOVE the rear badge.
It's the ONLY thing that differentiates a standard Model X from a Plaid visually. My wife disliked the badge so much that she asks the salesman when we picked it up if they could remove it. I just laughed; we didn't remove it though. She literally was hoping it would have a badge that actually said Plaid.

21 - 40 of 78 Posts