SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
No worries, I think a C8 looks like awful without a wing, but to each their own of course. The front is the worst angle for sure, but otherwise, it's not bad looking in person. In my honest opinion, I prefer the Model Y styling just bit more but the X holds 6 people, the Y doesn't. If it were mine, I would have had a Model S.
But @Xylander has a procharger on his C8!

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I was behind a regular model S the other day and couldn’t for the life of me understand why it’s such a tall car. Reminded me of being behind a Rolls Royce, the cabin is really tall and narrow on those as well

·
Registered
A Van Down by the River
7,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
But @Xylander has a procharger on his C8!
It needs it. The stock C8 Stingray power is lacking just a little. The Z06 or the next ZR1 should suffice. Everyone is going with twin turbo's on the C8 now though.

·
Registered
A Van Down by the River
7,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
I was behind a regular model S the other day and couldn’t for the life of me understand why it’s such a tall car. Reminded me of being behind a Rolls Royce, the cabin is really tall and narrow on those as well
It's made to be comfortable, it also has air suspension which raises at low speed and lowers above 50mph.

·
Registered
A Van Down by the River
7,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Nice I asked because looks like they have decent calipers with tiny rotors, pretty heavy car to have such a high top speed
Top speed on the X Plaid is limited to 160'ish mph.

·
Registered
A Van Down by the River
7,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Ah gotcha
Its 175mph on the Model S Plaid. They now have a track mode which will allow the Model S Plaid to pull 1.08g on the skidpad, that's world class sports car performance right there. it even allows for drifting.

·
Registered
A Van Down by the River
7,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
They’re definitely nice cars not hating at all, pretty amazing tech. So when are you taking it to the track? 😎
I won't. Didn't buy it for that, but I love embarrassing people on the streets of Mexico though.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
573 Posts
I have seen a few model S P85 and 90Ds at local autocross events. They could use more brakes if your planning to unleash all that torque and weight on such a tight course, but my trackhawk suffers the same problem and not many bash on those.

·
Registered
'21 C8 2LT || Former 2020 Hellcat
2,978 Posts
I could never get with the Autocross scene. I've done a couple of events for funsies, but I could never shake the fact that it felt like tracking a car with training wheels on.

Don't get me wrong, I get it. It's a precision driving thing, but I kept finding myself wanting to just hammer the throttle and drift through 20 cones while yelling, "WHEEEEEEEE!" I finally did it with my GT350R and that was the end of my autocross days :)

·
Registered
'21 C8 2LT || Former 2020 Hellcat
2,978 Posts
It needs it. The stock C8 Stingray power is lacking just a little. The Z06 or the next ZR1 should suffice. Everyone is going with twin turbo's on the C8 now though.
Yep, from 0-100 it's godlike. From 100+ it falls off a cliff and hits a brick wall on the way down. The ProCharger is installed, but it's having a problem with 2 of the injectors that came with the kit. So, it's currently sitting in the garage disassembled as I await replacement injectors. Not sure exactly what's wrong with them, but they're intermittently not delivering fuel. Swapping the old ones back in, car runs fine. Changing the injector position to other cylinders creates the engine misfire code on the new cylinder. So it isn't tune, wiring, or anything else but the injectors. I did 2 dyno pulls and both pulls were running low, IE, 540 and 610hp. It should be in the 650-700whp range, depending on boost (toying with 7-9psi). Once I get the injectors back, I'll watch the chart and see which boost level the engine is happy at... betting on 7psi. If so, it should deliver 660-680whp in good air.

And yes, you can do the plug job without dropping the motor. Pain in the ever loving ass. But it got done.

·
Registered
A Van Down by the River
7,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Yep, from 0-100 it's godlike. From 100+ it falls off a cliff and hits a brick wall on the way down. The ProCharger is installed, but it's having a problem with 2 of the injectors that came with the kit. So, it's currently sitting in the garage disassembled as I await replacement injectors. Not sure exactly what's wrong with them, but they're intermittently not delivering fuel. Swapping the old ones back in, car runs fine. Changing the injector position to other cylinders creates the engine misfire code on the new cylinder. So it isn't tune, wiring, or anything else but the injectors. I did 2 dyno pulls and both pulls were running low, IE, 540 and 610hp. It should be in the 650-700whp range, depending on boost (toying with 7-9psi). Once I get the injectors back, I'll watch the chart and see which boost level the engine is happy at... betting on 7psi. If so, it should deliver 660-680whp in good air.

And yes, you can do the plug job without dropping the motor. Pain in the ever loving ass. But it got done.
Make sure to post the final dyno numbers when you get done. Just curious. I haven't seen many people go the Procharger route, everyone is doing TT these days.

·
Premium Member
21 Challenger Redeye, 21 Trackhawk
179 Posts
I couple years ago in a town kinda far far away I was in the wife's AMG c63s.
Had a couple of little things done to it, and put down 545 horsepower and weighed 4000 lb.
I was getting on a gated tollway, about the time my gate was coming up I noticed a black car pull into the lane on my left. Didn't really think too much about it however there was no traffic and I thought I would make a nice run.
I'm going to guess sometime around fifty or sixty miles an hour when I was done fighting traction issues and had it at WOT, this black car that pulled to the gate as I was going, went by me like I was not even moving. It was a Model S.

I love the technology and think the Tesla's are awesome.

Reactions: Blkout

·
Registered
A Van Down by the River
7,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
I couple years ago in a town kinda far far away I was in the wife's AMG c63s.
Had a couple of little things done to it, and put down 545 horsepower and weighed 4000 lb.
I was getting on a gated tollway, about the time my gate was coming up I noticed a black car pull into the lane on my left. Didn't really think too much about it however there was no traffic and I thought I would make a nice run.
I'm going to guess sometime around fifty or sixty miles an hour when I was done fighting traction issues and had it at WOT, this black car that pulled to the gate as I was going, went by me like I was not even moving. It was a Model S.

I love the technology and think the Tesla's are awesome.
Yea, that's the best part about them, they have ZERO traction issues and with instant throttle response and instant torque, a Tesla is already pulling gaps before you can even react.

·
Premium Member
21 Challenger Redeye, 21 Trackhawk
179 Posts
I would get a Tesla Model S plaid if fit my lifestyle. I absolutely love the power of that car and the technology.
However the key thing here is one needs to fit the car to one's particular lifestyle.
Cars like Teslas are very polarizing, typically people either love them or really don't like them.
And the funny thing here is the people that love them are the ones that have one.
The Tesla unfortunately does not fit my lifestyle mostly because the wife will not give up her trackhawk and I'm not going to give up my Redeye.
However my daily driver is a very polarizing vehicle as well, maybe even more so than the Teslas.
I have a Rubicon 4XE, I have heard so many people say in essence that this was the dumbest vehicle ever made of all time. It only has a 25 mile range in electric what good is that, it takes 14 hours to charge and so on.
With a 50 amp plug I charge my Jeep in 2 hours.
For those people that say the 4XE or Tesla is a dumb vehicle that just means that car is clearly not meant for their particular lifestyle.
For myself I needed a daily driver that I can pull behind my class A Motorcoach,
well, that means a Jeep, I work from home and most of my errands are within a 10 mile radius, so the internal combustion engine doesn't even start on most days.
Given our other two vehicles one can make a fairly accurate guess we really don't care about fuel economy so much.
So I clearly didn't buy it for the miles per gallon.
The 375hp and 470lbs of tq and a 0-60 in 5.25 seconds is pretty awesome (for a jeep Rubicon).
One of the Lesser talked about the benefits to a electric vehicle is the HV AC system. It is pretty awesome too hit the remote start without a motor running but the HVAC system is heating or cooling the cabin. This is a big deal in the TX heat.

@Blkout , more interior acceleration videos please, they are awesome.

Reactions: Blkout

·
Registered
A Van Down by the River
7,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
I would get a Tesla Model S plaid if fit my lifestyle. I absolutely love the power of that car and the technology.
However the key thing here is one needs to fit the car to one's particular lifestyle.
Cars like Teslas are very polarizing, typically people either love them or really don't like them.
And the funny thing here is the people that love them are the ones that have one.
The Tesla unfortunately does not fit my lifestyle mostly because the wife will not give up her trackhawk and I'm not going to give up my Redeye.
However my daily driver is a very polarizing vehicle as well, maybe even more so than the Teslas.
I have a Rubicon 4XE, I have heard so many people say in essence that this was the dumbest vehicle ever made of all time. It only has a 25 mile range in electric what good is that, it takes 14 hours to charge and so on.
With a 50 amp plug I charge my Jeep in 2 hours.
For those people that say the 4XE or Tesla is a dumb vehicle that just means that car is clearly not meant for their particular lifestyle.
For myself I needed a daily driver that I can pull behind my class A Motorcoach,
well, that means a Jeep, I work from home and most of my errands are within a 10 mile radius, so the internal combustion engine doesn't even start on most days.
Given our other two vehicles one can make a fairly accurate guess we really don't care about fuel economy so much.
So I clearly didn't buy it for the miles per gallon.
The 375hp and 470lbs of tq and a 0-60 in 5.25 seconds is pretty awesome (for a jeep Rubicon).
One of the Lesser talked about the benefits to a electric vehicle is the HV AC system. It is pretty awesome too hit the remote start without a motor running but the HVAC system is heating or cooling the cabin. This is a big deal in the TX heat.

@Blkout , more interior acceleration videos please, they are awesome.
Yea, that's a nice feature in Tesla's too, the ability to turn the AC or heat on with the vehicle off. Through the Tesla app which is paired to your vehicle, you can get the cabin temperature to whatever you want before you get in the vehicle.

I'll try to get some more videos. I would love to do some by myself without the extra weight of a passenger but the G-Force is so strong that its hard to hold a phone steady while accelerating. I have a GoPro 6 but I don't have any way to mount it.

Reactions: BHoward
61 - 78 of 78 Posts